Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus001 View Post
    I just read that Dan passed away on Nov. 4th, after losing his battle with cancer. RIP Dan.
    http://lancasteronline.com/obituarie...e5afc91f2.html
    That is horrible, thoughts go out to his family.

Man, he was only 46. That sucks big time. I spoke to Dan many times over the years, and he was always very helpful and nice. I hope he's in a better place, and that God looks after him and his family.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC Qualifier
    Wow I'm sorry to hear this sad news my condolences his family and friends.

RC Qualifier
    Haven't been on the site for a month.
    WOW!!
    VERY sorry - the RC Community will miss him.

Has all been liquidated or will the shop continue?

Just had a look now and there's a 'Closeout Sale'. Seems wrong, ... but I hope purchasing will help the family.

Al.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    Man, he was only 46. That sucks big time. I spoke to Dan many times over the years, and he was always very helpful and nice. I hope he's in a better place, and that God looks after him and his family.
    Sad news, 46 is no age at all!

It is painful to lose a soldier in the war against Cancer.Being a survivor myself and only a few years older it is a little more painful.
    RIP Dan you will not be forgotten.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

I hate that six letter word.

My Moms a survivor of an aggressive form, dr. said it would come back. Not if.

I spent December and January with my Dad. He was diagnosed around Halloween to have six months left.
    He was doing great when I left (was why I left). A week and a half after I left, he got sick, was hospitalized and never recovered. I never should have left.
    I took a Summit and an X MAXX along hoping to get him hooked but we never broke em' out. When I was loading up, he then mentions he wishes we would have got them out, smh.
    Not more than a month later his best friend, his oldest sister, was diagnosed with lung cancer too. She never endured the treatments since she passed before.

While I was back home, my uncle stopped by and he now has throat cancer.

It's been a bad year in our household, above is about half of what's happened since October '16.

Quote Originally Posted by rtmike View Post

I spent December and January with my Dad. He was diagnosed around Halloween to have six months left.
    He was doing great when I left (was why I left). A week and a half after I left, he got sick, was hospitalized and never recovered. I never should have left.
    I took a Summit and an X MAXX along hoping to get him hooked but we never broke em' out. When I was loading up, he then mentions he wishes we would have got them out, smh.
    Not more than a month later his best friend, his oldest sister, was diagnosed with lung cancer too. She never endured the treatments since she passed before.

It's been a bad year in our household, above is about half of what's happened since October '16.
    Life has a way of kicking you when your down.when I was going through treatment I saw young people going through it as well.That was my wake up call.....i realized I have lived a pretty decent life so far,seeing those young kids who have barely started life changed my perspective dramatically

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
    Mountains cant stop me
    they have tried

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by rtmike View Post

Wow my heart is with anyone that has to endure this dreadful 6 letter word. My thoughts and prayers go out to any and all who have to face this in life. Also stmike I can't imagine what you're feeling but try look at all the good things those who you've lost to this terrible disease.

RC Racer
    That guy was great. One of the few that would ship parts over seas to me.
    de oppresso liber

RC Competitor

Unhappy Dan Fischer, Kershaw Design Owner, passes away November 4, 2017

Quote Originally Posted by ejh321 View Post
    Like the title says, does anyone know if Kershaw Designs is going out of business? Someone told me they were closing doors, I tried calling KD with no response. I'd like to place an order with them but don't want to get myself into a headache either.
    My name if Rick Fischer. I was the father of Dan Fischer, owner and designer, of Kershaw Designs RC cars.

I want to inform you of the passing of Dan on November 4th after a short battle with lung cancer.

Kershaw Designs is no longer selling RC cars or parts. The Kershaw Designs web site (Kershawdesigns.com) is being run by an ex-employee, Quinn Dorsey. The Kershaw Designs Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/KershawDesignsRC) has been expropriated by Quinn Dorsey and renamed https://www.facebook.com/NovaRacingProductsRC/.

So sorry for your loss, sir.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = į

I'm sorry Rick. Never owned any KD stuff but I always heard great words. You should be proud. No parent should ever have to bury their child, I know...
    Sla2hP4deXSummitRusty2TRX4Bigfoot#14TEC2.0Rally

RC Qualifier
    Sorry as well for your loss Mr. Rick Fisher. I on the other hand own one of your products and love it fit my build perfect!

RC poster
    Kershaw designs is done, because of the death of Dan Fischer, but, they are still up and running, under a new name, NOVA INDUSTRIES RC, if you go on Kershaw designs Facebook page, there is a phone number to call, you will get Quinn, he is the new owner, not exactly the same, but he will get there, big shoes to fill, after the passing of Dan. I sent money months ago, for motor mounts for my emaxx, took me a while to figure out what was going on. Still haven't received my mounts, lol, but I am tracking them, and they are due to arrive tomorrow. I hope this helps out anyone trying to get what they need. Happy bashing everyone

Good to know they answer the phone, because they sure don't answer emails.
    V1 6s w/8s conversion
    Max5 Leopard 1090kv

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason 1983 View Post
    Kershaw designs is done, because of the death of Dan Fischer, but, they are still up and running, under a new name, NOVA INDUSTRIES RC, if you go on Kershaw designs Facebook page, there is a phone number to call, you will get Quinn, he is the new owner, not exactly the same, but he will get there, big shoes to fill, after the passing of Dan. I sent money months ago, for motor mounts for my emaxx, took me a while to figure out what was going on. Still haven't received my mounts, lol, but I am tracking them, and they are due to arrive tomorrow. I hope this helps out anyone trying to get what they need. Happy bashing everyone
    Did you receive your mounts ?

RC Competitor
    I ordered a motor mount and pinion from quinn at nova and got both in about a week

RC poster
    I met the new owner, Quinn, on Monday. He seems to be very knowledgeable and very pleasant. He has renamed the business to Nova Racing Products RC.
    WWW.Novarc.net

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by 8000ft View Post
    I met the new owner, Quinn, on Monday. He seems to be very knowledgeable and very pleasant. He has renamed the business to Nova Racing Products RC.
    WWW.Novarc.net
    Really? All that goodwill associated with Kershaw Designs (the name ) is gone. Wise business choice. People know/knew kershaw, and had you not told us, i never would have known about novarc- at least not this quickly. What a shame. Anyhow now i can order some parts from this new medicine man Quinn. Hope he's got the right meds for some fierce speed fanatics like myself.

Quote Originally Posted by SHIFTT IX MR View Post
    Really? All that goodwill associated with Kershaw Designs (the name ) is gone. Wise business choice. People know/knew kershaw, and had you not told us, i never would have known about novarc- at least not this quickly. What a shame. Anyhow now i can order some parts from this new medicine man Quinn. Hope he's got the right meds for some fierce speed fanatics like myself.
    Have you considered that the name change may not have been his choice?
    I think you climbed on the slam-wagon pretty quickly.
    Alt-248 on the number pad = į

Heck, lots of times a business will buy anotherís name just for instant credibility.

Dan probably didnít want his name associated with his lifeís work to be tarnished more than whatís already done...?

RC poster
    I believe that Quinn was friends with Dan , possible co-workers, or that is the impression that I got. I may be mistaken. he seems to know his stuff and is whole heartedly into amping up stuff.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12