Thread: Adapter Cord

RC poster

Adapter Cord

Got a Traxxas on order for my great nephew's B'day but will get it working, tested, etc.

My past hobby was in custom flashlights so I have several RC type chargers although I ordered a 2970 charger also.

I was thinking of a proper break in charger on the included NiMh pack with a special charger I have for that. Is this the proper adapter cord to fit the NiMh and LiPo as far as that goes? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BMQGEZQ...=38R6VTWXPA8VH

I've seen a couple different ones but see no difference between them!

That older style Traxxas high-current connector will fit the similar style Traxxas connector as well as the current ID connector.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    That older style Traxxas high-current connector will fit the similar style Traxxas connector as well as the current ID connector.
    Older? There is a newer version of the adapter, if so, what's different. I gamble and ordered it anyway, yesterday as I'll need it tomorrow.

The Super Derecho

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    What good would that do, as an adapter is for charging on "any" charger with standard banana plug inputs? Unless some other chargers are able to read the Traxxas ID? My chargers are older than dirt!

Quote Originally Posted by wptski View Post
    Is this the proper adapter cord to fit the NiMh and LiPo as far as that goes? https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00BMQGEZQ...=38R6VTWXPA8VH

I've seen a couple different ones but see no difference between them!
    Yes, the banana plug side will work as long as you have the connection to your charger (which I assume you do). You asked the above question and I assumed you meant the Traxxas plug side and provided the correct answers with supporting documentation.
    The Super Derecho

Quote Originally Posted by wptski View Post
    What good would that do, as an adapter is for charging on "any" charger with standard banana plug inputs? Unless some other chargers are able to read the Traxxas ID? My chargers are older than dirt!
    The adapter you linked in your OP will work with both ID and the older non ID NiMH batteries however charging ID LiPo will be more difficult since ID LiPo batteries do not have a separate balance connector and Traxxas is not anymore offering the TRA2938 adapter that split out the balance connections of the ID connector.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Panamon Creel View Post
    The adapter you linked in your OP will work with both ID and the older non ID NiMH batteries however charging ID LiPo will be more difficult since ID LiPo batteries do not have a separate balance connector and Traxxas is not anymore offering the TRA2938 adapter that split out the balance connections of the ID connector.
    Thanks for the part number. Yes, most RC sites show it as Out of Stock but I found an eBay site that still had four and I ordered one.