RC poster

EZ Peak Live Storage Setting

I'm new to LiPo batteries and have been reading how to care for them. I have the 12 amp charger that came with my 8s Xmaxx completer pack. Does the storage setting actually discharge a charged battery? I have researched this but can't find the answer. Am I to understand that I should never leave the batteries charged and always put them through a storage process before putting them away and only charge them when I am ready to use them? Thanks for any advice.

Storage mode will discharge down to storage voltage or charge up to storage voltage. Discharging down to storage level can take a very long time with higher capacity batteries since the EZ Peak Live is limited to 0.665A max. discharge current so charging up to storage voltage is the better/quicker way to go.
    Storage voltage is usually only needed if the battery is being " stored" for extended periods of time in order to maximize the batteries calendar life however doing it also for shorter storage periods won't hurt the battery.
    So IMO best practice is to charge up to storage Voltage after use and fully charge the battery shortly before use unless you know that you'll use the battery within the next couple days in which case you could right away go for a full charge.

RC poster
    Thanks so much as that really clears things up for me.