Thread: Battery talk

RC Racer

Battery talk

Recently upgraded my sst to a brushless system and was looking for a lipo.
    The dimensions of that battery are 31 x 17 x 90mm. Pretty close to the stock battery. Do you think it'll fit. And is there some connector I need for the esc to plug into the white plug or is that just for charging?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The white plug is called a balance plug and is pretty much only used for checking the voltage on certain volt meters and charging If it doesn't fit with the stock battery hold down then you can simply use Velcro to hold it down. I have a Traxxas 2s lipo for the 1/16 erevo, mini slash, and mini summit in my sst and use Velcro to hold it down.

RC Enthusiast
    read and learn about lipo before using lipo! after that, i like the 2200mah venom lipo's. they fit in the stock holder and have good runtime on my brushless teton.

Hey lion stone22, what brushless system do you run.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Lionstone22 View Post
    read and learn about lipo before using lipo! after that, i like the 2200mah venom lipo's. they fit in the stock holder and have good runtime on my brushless teton.
    Just received my battery and also bought a venom lipo bag

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by PecosBill View Post
    The white plug is called a balance plug and is pretty much only used for checking the voltage on certain volt meters and charging If it doesn't fit with the stock battery hold down then you can simply use Velcro to hold it down. I have a Traxxas 2s lipo for the 1/16 erevo, mini slash, and mini summit in my sst and use Velcro to hold it down.
    I bought some velcro last night and that's what is gonna be holding it down.

Sounds great

RC poster
    So is a different connector needed to plug into the stock ESC?

The balance plug doesn't plug into the esc. I meant if the battery doesn't fit in the vehicle with the stock hold down if that's what you meant.

And, sorry if I wasn't clear

RC Enthusiast
    Hey lion stone22, what brushless system do you run.
    it is a SIDEWINDER MICRO 2 combo. Really like it. Don't know if i would have bought it myself, but i found an already upgraded Teton on craigslist for $75!

But after seeing the difference i can see it i worth it. Wish it was waterproof though.

RC poster
    i have the traxxas 2200 lipo in mine and it works great very snug tho so snug thet you cant use the battery clip and u have to unscrew what the pin goes into to put the battery in and out but it works great

RC poster
    Has anyone tried to use one of these as a 3s option yet ( Punisher Series "Shorty Pack" 3700mah 100C 3cell Lipo (Traxxas Style Plug) 11.1V Soft Case Battery) Curious if it's just to much or if I should make the investment.