Thread: Forums down?

Forums down?

I was just wondering if anyone else hasn't been able to get on today due to "the site being under maintenance"?
    if you fall, I'll catch you! - Your Floor

RC Qualifier
    Same here, was able to get on for a while late this afternoon tho....

RC Qualifier
    Yep I tried to get on awhile ago since I'm stuck doing boring duties here at work tonight and it was down. Yippe now its back up and that's all that matters. Nights like theses I read a bunch of different forums and magazines to get me through the night.

Yup, the forums and the main site were up and down all day yesterday, it was kind of funny to see the different screens/messages that would come up when you tried accessing the site. But, for the most part it isn't worth even looking at the forums when they are monkeying with updates/maintenance.

I have noticed lots of stars on posts now... what are those about?
    Last edited by Greatscott; 06-15-2017 at 08:12 AM.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

Ok I was just making sure it wasn't my internet or something...

RC Qualifier
    Yeah I've noticed that too. Glad I'm not the only one seeing stars.

yeah same tapatalk is still glitching though.
    SLAM!
    "That Tree jumped right in front of me"

Quote Originally Posted by Rcguy5 View Post
    yeah same tapatalk is still glitching though.
    You, tried Tapatalk today, wasn't happy.

Right now the site works on my phones google chrome. But on my mac desktop the site wont let me log on.
    ------
    How to Rc: Send them high, watch them die.

Quote Originally Posted by RCMad72 View Post
    I was just wondering if anyone else hasn't been able to get on today due to "the site being under maintenance"?
    It was the Russians trying to figure out Traxxas's next new model so Wikileaks can sell it to Big Squid!

I says it's a conspiracy and a Federal Investigation needs to happen. I am happy to volunteer to pour through all of Traxxas's experimental models so we can track where the leak is....
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

Sure.... sure, sure...

Quote Originally Posted by Nitronaught View Post
    It was the Russians trying to figure out Traxxas's next new model so Wikileaks can sell it to Big Squid!

I says it's a conspiracy and a Federal Investigation needs to happen. I am happy to volunteer to pour through all of Traxxas's experimental models so we can track where the leak is....
    lol!!!! You got a bum shoulder so I'll need to help you out!!
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

Nice to see you around Rob..With a sense of humor at that.... Good for you. The stars must be a rating. If you get a five star rating on a thread you start. Be proud my fellow RCer's...
    Choose Life !!!

Quote Originally Posted by lektro View Post
    Nice to see you around Rob..With a sense of humor at that.... Good for you. The stars must be a rating. If you get a five star rating on a thread you start. Be proud my fellow RCer's...
    Just because I am going through some tough times, I still live knowing there is good in the world.... T.Y.

Now if it wasn't the Russians maybe the Chinese (they make TMAXX knockoffs!!!!!!!).

Some of you may know this, but I've been in the I.T. industry since 1983, started on main frame systems. I administrate 2 E-commerce websites as "part" of my job. I have 2 factories tied together with redundant ISP's with failovers and VPN tunnels.....

All's it takes is something not handling the systems multiple caches of temporary files, or an update to the Linux O.S. and then all sorts of things can go awry.

I noticed now that the forums used to use their own VHOST and domain name, now it is configured as part of traxxas.com. their main site. So one thing I can tell you, is if it is something that just affects the forums, they are not going to jump on the problem with the same urgency as if the main site went down. Being on the same domain to me means they will make any problem a higher priority than what they should have.

There are a few children playing in the same sandbox with Vbulletin, SQL database engines, SSL, Apache, firewalls and at least 2 different logging softwares. We have a saying in this business, the more children you put in the sandbox the harder it is to keep them playing nicely with each other.
    Considering they pay the bill for this site to run, to be maintained and everything else, I'm extremely impressed. Remember this server runs basically 24/7/365 ...

Hope this helps pupt things in perspective at least.
    All Lives Matter

RC Racer
    It won't let me sign in on my phone but I can on my ipad lol. I don't get it

RC Racer
    Wooooo it finally let me sign in. Wouldn't even work on the I pad over the last day or so lol.

I haven't been able to sign on for a couple days, so idk what's going one?!

For some reason it won't let me sign out on my windows, it works fine on my mac, but every time I hit log out it will tell me all cookies cleared, then I will go back to the "community" page and it will still be logged in??
    "Gone racing"

RC Qualifier
    I've had nothing but problems trying to get to the forum. Today is the first day it let me back to the forums using my phone. But I could use the wires computer to get on just fine.

If you just type in traxxas.com or go to the traxxas site home there this strange web. looks almost older.
    SLAM!

RC Qualifier
    We'll I'm back to having a hard time getting back to the forum's again. Hopefully it gets better soon or until I get a new phone next week

I am also, for some reason it's requiring me to sign on every time, it never used to do that so idk what the problem is...

This is tame compared to the Great Forum "Event" back in Fall 2011 (or around there).
    The Super Derecho

Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    This is tame compared to the Great Forum "Event" back in Fall 2011 (or around there).
    What that the "upgrade", or the crash?

I remember a time when the forums crashed and were up and down for about a week. It was fun, you'd post, come back in a couple of hours and the posts would be gone. It was kind of like having a cross between de sa vu and Alzheimer's until they got it fixed.

You're probably thinking the time I'm referring to because it sounds familiar. I believe it was when Traxxas was going from the old forum style to the present one. Never before had I heard so much complaining - though I admit I did some of it as well but it got me outside and away from the computer.
    The Super Derecho

Man you guys have been on the forums a long time. I started to look through old threads from around the 2000's and I started to see 10 year old posts from greatscott. it was weird you would get to September 11 and then see a bunch of posts about it. and then you would see a bunch of posts about a new traxxas vehicle, thats been discontinued now.
    SLAM!

Man you guys have been on the forums a long time. I started to look through old threads from around the 2000's and I started to see 10 year old posts from greatscott. it was weird you would get to September 11 and then see a bunch of posts about it. and then you would see a bunch of posts about a new traxxas vehicle, thats been discontinued now.
    If you knew how to write "Query strings" into the search, it's amazing what you will find.

Been here since 2004 myself... Seen a lot of peope come and go, then,,, there's those "Ole Timers" holding down the fort...

All Lives Matter

If you knew how to write "Query strings" into the search, it's amazing what you will find.

Been here since 2004 myself... Seen a lot of peope come and go, then,,, there's those "Ole Timers" holding down the fort...

Yeah I notice that how %95 percent of the people from the early 2000s have not been on the forum in 10 years I guess they just forgot about the hobby overtime.

And what are Query strings?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SLAM!

Yeah I notice that how %95 percent of the people from the early 2000s have not been on the forum in 10 years I guess they just forgot about the hobby overtime.

And what are Query strings?

This is the exact reason why positive fostering of the new people into the hobby/community is so important. They are the lifeblood of your hobby.

I'm still not sure why the default setting is 1 day history when you open a section. Makes slow model areas look completely dead. I've been here a little while too. Just took a break as life is prone to pulling your attention away from what you enjoy.
    Lock, Stomp, and Steer. No Fear

I just change the setting to the start and then start reading

SLAM!

I do too. Some people may not catch on to that. It's easy really.
    Lock, Stomp, and Steer. No Fear

Traxxas Employee

We appreciate you "ole timers"