RC Competitor

What should my next Traxxas be?

I have spent the last couple days looking for the proper place to put this thread and although it doesn't fit here it makes the most sense to be as I am thinking I am leaning to a Telluride next.

I currently have a Slash 4x4, Summit full size, Stampede 4x4 brushless and two Rustlers both brushless. I would love to drop a ton of coin on a new 8s Xmaxx but its not in the cards right now. I really am leaning to waiting and getter a brushless Erevo or pulling the trigger now and getting a Telluride. I love the look of the TRX4 but get bored with crawling very easily. The Summit fills that void for me. I would love all your all input on why you love your Traxxas _______!

Mods if this needs to be moved please do so. Like I said I spent a while looking. I feel like this should be its own section of Traxxas Electric.

Can you shed some light on why you're leaning towards the Telluride? I'm assuming you've watched some videos on it, and seen that it's either taken on trails, run down streets, or beefed up with brushless. Are you interested in filling that narrow void between slow crawling/trailing and full-on bashing?

See, I have some similar trucks as you, including a Pede 4x4, and even previously planned to convert it to a Telluride, but decided to keep it as a brushless 4x4 MT. What I'm preparing to do now is build a Telluride from the ground up, because I had already started gathering essential parts for a Pede conversion, like a-arms & turnbuckles, and didn't want redundant parts.

The main reason I still want a Telluride is because it looks like a fun truck for taking on well-trodden park trails, with the potential for light bashing, when the opportunity arises. I have SCX10's and a Wraith, but they're overkill for that application. The SCX10 is too slow, and the Wraith doesn't handle well at speed. The Telluride fills that narrow void, from my perspective. I'm purposely going to keep it brushed, because it just seems best. Plus, I miss the sound of a brushed motor going moderately fast (like my old Son-uva Digger 2wd).

Hope that helps.

RC Competitor
    You pretty much hit the nail on the head. In my eyes, Traxxas tough, not fast but not slow and 4x4. A brushed motor (I have enough brushless already) that I can replace for cheap. The close to scale looks fill that niche and if I kept it 100% stock it is cheap to repair. My "Scale Basher" if you will.

RC Competitor
    I don't plan on doing any upgrades to it for a while but you know how that goes.

Hmmm... I don't see the Telly on the Traxxas showroom. Did they discontinue it?

If you really want the 8S XMaxx, just save your money and get it!
    Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Competitor
    Moving across state in a year for a much higher paying job. I will have the 8s Xmaxx but no hurry. Lol

How about a ProLine True Scale body on your Slash? Just need to get the body and wheels/tires.
    Keep some money in your pocket/bank for the move!

Creativity is intelligence having fun. -Einstein

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Squeegie View Post
    How about a ProLine True Scale body on your Slash? Just need to get the body and wheels/tires.
    Keep some money in your pocket/bank for the move!

Really dig that look with the real thing behind it. Nah i already built a crazy Slash. Just want something different. As of now until I figure it out just putting a little $ here and there into my Summit and my sons Stampede. Nothing left I could do to my Slash without going a whole new direction.

RC Competitor
    I did notice the Telly was gone also. Seems like the TRX4 may have replaced it. Makes sense as it's seems to be a very capable truck.