RC Enthusiast

DCB M41 Motor Bearing

Hi everyone, I'm looking for a low maintenance solution to our motor bearings. I'm looking at Boca's ceramic line to eliminate corrosion and less frequent maintenance. Has any one run these and if so, how have they been working for you guys? I believe the size is 5x14x5 but not 100%, can anyone confirm this? Thanks!

RC poster

DCB M41 Motor Bearing

This is knowledge and information that money cant buy. Thank you for sharing my good sir

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Slashracer17 View Post
    Hi everyone, I'm looking for a low maintenance solution to our motor bearings. I'm looking at Boca's ceramic line to eliminate corrosion and less frequent maintenance. Has any one run these and if so, how have they been working for you guys? I believe the size is 5x14x5 but not 100%, can anyone confirm this? Thanks!
    That is the correct size. I have put a pair of ceramic bearings in a friends Spartan that I got from Avid rc. Will keep you posted.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by spartantamer View Post
    That is the correct size. I have put a pair of ceramic bearings in a friends Spartan that I got from Avid rc. Will keep you posted.
    Installed the ceramic bearings and everything went and ran fine.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by spartantamer View Post
    Installed the ceramic bearings and everything went and ran fine.
    Sorry for the late reply but thanks for the update! How have they held up?

Traxxas Employee
    Keep in mind that many ceramic bearings still have steel races and retainers. Full ceramic bearings are rare animals.

RC poster
    The answer to the motor bearing issue is to take the load off of those bearings that prop put on them by constant thrust of the prop putting a thrust bearing between the collet and the motor mount which puts the load on the thrust bearing instead of the motor bearing. I'm not sure how to accomplish it with the stock motor mount but with the Hot racing motor mount the outer face has a recess in which I put a washer that the motor shaft can pass through and then you slide the thrush bearing on the motor shaft up to the washer then butt the flex shaft collet up to the thrust bearing and now the load is no longer on motor bearings. problem solved. The 5mm thrust bearing can be found at Offshore electrics website.