Potential 1/16 E-Revo brushless Owner

Hey guys, I'm thinking of getting a mini E-Revo for my nephew. I was wondering if you can tell me what are the parts that break typically on these things? I don't see him jumping it, but as he's learning, I anticipate lots of hits on parked car tires, curbs, ankles, lol... Thanks.
    V1 6s w/8s conversion
    Max5 Leopard 1090kv

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus001 View Post
    ...what are the parts that break typically on these things?
    I bought my son the 1/16 Grave Digger a few years ago. He was about 11 or 12. It has many similar parts as the current 1/16 E-Revo, especially where the suspension is concerned. My son generally doesn't run the truck into anything (curbs, tires, etc) but he does drive it like he stole it, for real. He rolls it repeatedly even end-over-end and loves to goose the throttle nearly non-stop which is hard on the speed control. Most often I've found myself replacing push rods, tie rods, suspension arms and the bearings in the axle carriers. I've also had to replace the motor, ESC, and steering servo a time or two.

That said, the 1/16 E-Revo VXL is much faster than the 1/16 Grave Digger. More speed means more broken parts more often. And the 1/16 brushed Grave Digger is quite fast. My son's Revo should arrive today and I'm already knowing that I'll need to figure out how to reduce its top speed before he gets his hands on it.