RC Racer

Do you think as time goes on parts will be easier to get?

I have ran modded clodbusters with race chassis for a long time and getting parts for something that was first built in 1985 can be a bit tough. So I grabbed a x-maxx for bashing and can't get parts lol. Do you think traxxas is just sold out because they underestimated the demand and will catch up or is waiting for parts to be built normal? This is my first traxxas. I am not complaining, it's not a big deal but wondering none the less.

I'm on Amain Hobbies website all the time, looking at parts. There's always lots of parts in stock, but of course when I see one that I want, it's almost always back-ordered. Sometimes it's the luck of the draw...
    V1 6s w/8s conversion
    Max5 Leopard 1090kv

Others have noted that there has been a shortage of parts and not only X-Maxx related. According to one industry expert (BSRC) I posed the question and they responded to me:
    I know exactly what the truth is. One of the major OEMs [kicked the bucket] in Asia. This has affected a number of different companies and has left some of them really scrambling.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    Others have noted that there has been a shortage of parts and not only X-Maxx related. According to one industry expert (BSRC) I posed the question and they responded to me:
    Well now that would make sense. Hopefully the people they find to build the parts have the same or better quality. That is always my concern more then getting the parts.

RC Qualifier
    I put back up parts in my eBay and Amazon cart I check daily and as parts come on stock I order right away. Because I've had a few where I say I'll wait till end of week see what I break than do a big order and around %50 of it's out of stock when I wait.
    I've learned to order everything in 2's just incase it's hard to find again. Than when one breaks I have a back up to the back up and a little time to order parts again.
    Bash it,Break it,Fix it,Rinse And Repeat

RC Racer
    I really need a tailgate protector so I can put my new body into service.

Quote Originally Posted by Highroller54 View Post
    In stock @ Amain...
    https://www.amainhobbies.com/traxxas...ra7712/p628272
    V1 6s w/8s conversion
    Max5 Leopard 1090kv

EDIT: Nevermind. Mods, I apologize for cluttering your forum...

Quote Originally Posted by Jdopirak View Post
    I put back up parts in my eBay and Amazon cart I check daily and as parts come on stock I order right away. Because I've had a few where I say I'll wait till end of week see what I break than do a big order and around %50 of it's out of stock when I wait.
    I've learned to order everything in 2's just incase it's hard to find again. Than when one breaks I have a back up to the back up and a little time to order parts again.
    Sounds like me with my external hard drives. I have 2 "beaters" backing up my main back up to the computer.
    I don't take or save near as many pix as I used to tho.

Highroller55, I'm retired, disabled and spend entirely too much time looking at this monitor. My wife calls it "blowing money". I call it "retail therapy" LOL.
    But, if you'd rather PM me, k. If you let me know what you need I can give you an extra pair of eyes and might even know of the whereabouts. That way I can spend someone else's money instead. Wooohoooo
    Last edited by rtmike; 06-21-2017 at 05:41 PM.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnus001 View Post
    Thank you thank you thank you!!!!!!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by rtmike View Post

Highroller55, I'm retired, disabled and spend entirely too much time looking at this monitor. My wife calls it "blowing money". I call it "retail therapy" LOL.
    But, if you'd rather PM me, k. If you let me know what you need I can give you an extra pair of eyes and might even know of the whereabouts. That way I can spend someone else's money instead. Wooohoooo
    Awesome! Thank you for the offer. I have a wife/kids/house/extended family/work all the hours I can and have zero time lol.
    There are some great people in this site. Chad.

RC Qualifier
    This is my spare parts collection so far,

I have three body's waiting as well not pictured

Bash it,Break it,Fix it,Rinse And Repeat

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Jdopirak View Post
    This is my spare parts collection so far,

I have three body's waiting as well not pictured

That's the correct way to do it! I am exactly like that but I haven't owned the x-maxx long enough yet to have any spares.

RC Competitor

Tailgate Protector

Yep - I'm in the same position. I jumped on 'A Main' as soon as I saw this but they're on back order only. I found one place that wants to charge about $40 to ship it to Australia . My LHS can't get them, and my current body is just hanging together. Hopefully someone will have them soon...

RC Racer
    MartyB traxxas shows tailgate protectors in stock!

RC Competitor
    MartyB traxxas shows tailgate protectors in stock!
    Thanks! Unfortunately the US site won't sell to me in Australia so I've asked my LHS to chase it up (they already have it on back-order for me). Thanks for the heads-up

RC Racer
    Traxxas won't ship here either. I'm in Canada but at least if they have it all the suppliers should be getting them now. I think lol

RC Competitor
    Traxxas won't ship here either. I'm in Canada but at least if they have it all the suppliers should be getting them now. I think lol
    I finally managed to order my tailgate protector for a total cost including postage of US$21.11. I hope the X-Maxx owners living in the US appreciate how good they have it compared to the rest of us!

Traxxas Employee
    Quote Originally Posted by MartyB View Post
    I hope the X-Maxx owners living in the US appreciate how good they have it compared to the rest of us!
    I saw a Violet Crumble in the store the other day and they wanted $3.75!!! Yeah, we can buy Vegemite, but I'd rather eat a tailgate protector! I'd kill to get an old SS Brock Commodore over here! I fondly remember seeing an SS Walkinshaw at a dealer one time, but they wouldn't let anyone sit in it.
    Last edited by E-Maxxdude; 07-20-2017 at 03:03 PM.