Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 61
  1. #1
    RC Qualifier PecosBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    353

    Traxxas Should Make...

    Traxxas should make RC helecopters, more affordable boats with self riding system, a new 1/18 latrax vehicle, body washers for all of their vehicles (manly the latrax vehicles) , unresponsive yoyos, and fidget spinners. They should also make more upgrades for their latrax vehicles

  2. #2
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    200
    1/8 4WD buggy both electric and nitro. That's what I wish for.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    RC Qualifier Rcguy5's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2016
    Location
    Phoenix, AZ
    Posts
    267
    what could you ask for in my boat there already made all the cars everyone wanted. (trx4 ford gt summit xo-1 xmaxx)
    SLAM!
    "That Tree jumped right in front of me"

  4. #4
    RC Qualifier PecosBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    353
    A boat similar to the Spartan but with selfriding system and they should make one smaller and more affordable. Yoyo factory makes some really good yoyos and I'm sure Traxxas could make some really good yoyos to. Traxxas doesn't make any rc helicopters and I think they could do a really good job with that to

  5. #5
    RC Qualifier PecosBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    353

    Traxxas Should Make a better 1/18...

    Traxxas Should Make a better 1/18 latrax car or truck or even make a whole new 1/18 series. Traxxas should make more upgrade options for the latrax vehicles and should at least make sst chassis, driveshafts, and bodies. Or possibly even make a new body for the sst that's different in design, but will fit and look good on the sst.

  6. #6
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    190
    I agree with you. I have around a grand in my E-maxx and I drive it a handful of times a year. And then I have the Latrax Teton and Rally and I drive them almost daily. Why? Because I have a 1 year old kid and a 3 year old kid, I can't always be outside, I like having a lawn, and my property is only .25 acres. I've been searching like crazy for high quality small scale r/c's and they just don't seem to exist. I would easily put a grand into something that's 1/24 scale as I did for my 1/10 scale rc. The only thing that size does is require more real estate.

  7. #7
    RC Qualifier PecosBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    353
    What is a grand I only like to buy Traxxas models and I would love it if they made a new 1/18 vehicle and I have not found any 1/18 r/cs better than any of the latrax series. I like the small ones mostly because it is easier to bring places, you can drive them in more places, and just because its nice to drive something small

  8. #8
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Posts
    11
    Yes I agree. I have the latrax alias as a drone and sent it in to get fixed a month ago. It finally came back today and it lost control. Can't find it. Traxxas should make the alias
    have a return to home or something. Other latrax models should be brushless and have locking diffs. I'm still happy with there products. Thanks

  9. #9
    RC Qualifier PecosBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    353
    Sorry about your alias I don't have any drones but Traxxas should have that return home thing they should have you be able to track it somehow. It would be nice if they did have a brushless latrax and have one with some parts designed differently so they don't break as much. And Traxxas should make cooling fans for the latrax series and 2s and 3s lipos and a brushed and or brushless sytem that can handle 3s and a latrax vehicle that can handle 3s itself. I have a Hobbywing quickrun brushless system in my latrax and I run it really hard on a 2s and it hasn't over heated once! I have taken a few breaks because the motor has gotten quite toasty but it hasn't shut down from over heating yet. When I say I run it hard I mean it because I found out a couple days ago that if you cover the bottom of the tires with electrical tape that it drives like its on ice and I mean it! The sst drifts really well with the electrical tape on the tires and is a blast to drive I don't even have a cooling fan on mine and it hasn't over heated when I drift around on 2s! I ran a 3s for a few minutes one time but I found that its to much power and I can barely reach full speed with out going out of control! If Traxxas designed a latrax that could harness the power of 3s than it would go super fast because my little sst is a power house on 3s

  10. #10
    RC Qualifier PecosBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    353
    I do recommend putting electrical tape on the tires because it turns your latrax into a drift car! And the electrical tape lasts a surprising amount of time because it has been a few days now and I haven't changed the electrical tape yet! And even though Traxxas makes videos and pics of their rc models in water and snow, that doesn't mean we should drive them in it! The water ruins the foam inserts in the tires, it rusts connectors, it rusts bearings and screwsand all steel parts, and it ruins brushed motors. Traxxas does not count motors as an electronic for some reason and so they say water proof electronics, but not water proof car. I recommend not driving your Traxxas rc in wet conditions. Its fine if you get it a tiny bit wet but not really wet like in some of Traxxas' videos.

  11. #11
    RC Qualifier PecosBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    353
    Anyone can post a reply at any time for this. I don't care if it's three minutes from now or three years from now. I just want to see other peoples ideas

  12. #12
    RC Qualifier PecosBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    353

    Traxxas should make a...

    Traxxas should make a better latrax vehicle and also better drones. I think Traxxas should make a lot of better and different things. I posted a thread on the things I think Traxxas should do different on their products over at the sst forums. You guys should go and check it out and please reply, or you could check it out and reply here. And I would like to hear what you think they should do different so please reply I would like anyone to reply at any time. I don't care if its a week from now or three years from now. I like to see other peoples' ideas

  13. #13
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    143
    you should have at least put a link to that thread! here it is: https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...-a-better-1-18 , just talking about your previous thread is not good enough!
    A GRAND is $1,000, everyone knows that! I've already complained and suggested TRAXXAS make better and wider bumpers to protect your investment. The bumper on Teton is useless and will cause front of your hood to crack by lights (so trim body back). The wheels on Teton don't protect anything because the tread isn't tall enough to help absorb impact, when you go around a corner with wheels turned just hope you don't hit the corner of wall! Crashes are costly repairs and TRAXXAS should address this situation, these are reasons why i no longer have a RC vehicle. Longevity for run time and motors not overheating would be another priority. Traxxas move to steel diff's on newer Teton is good.
    🅼🅾🅳🅴🆁🅰🆃🅾🆁🆂 🅳🅾🅽'🆃 🅲🅰🆁🅴

  14. #14
    RC Qualifier PecosBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    353
    I'm sorry, I don't know exactly how to post a link to a thread. And you should check out on the sst forums the other thread I started called Traxxas Should Make... The new steel diffs appear to be pretty durable, I've never had a set, but it seems that nobody has stripped them out yet. I really like the latrax series because the vehicles are small, but go pretty fast. Though, Traxxas should make a lot more upgrade options for all of their latrax vehicles and should make sst bodies, chassis, and driveshafts again because they completely stopped making them and will probably not make them ever again. I have bent three hot racing suspension arms and I'm only running 2s on the hobbywing quickrun brushless combo which makes it go about 35 on 2s. Traxxas has made plenty of fantastic products, but also has done a bad job on some of their products manly the latrax series.

  15. #15
    RC Qualifier PecosBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    353
    Have you ever been to Disney World? The one in Florida. Pecos Bill is a restaurant there that I love My profile pic is a picture of one side of the restaurant. You probably can't read the sign in the pic, but it says Pecos Bill

  16. #16
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    143

    Lightbulb How to make a Web Link

    Quote Originally Posted by PecosBill View Post
    I'm sorry, I don't know exactly how to post a link to a thread. And you should check out on the sst forums the other thread I started called Traxxas Should Make...(
    it's very easy, here's what you do. First go to the thread or web page you want. Now that it is on your computer go up to the top of the page, the part that starts with "https://forums.traxxas.com/showthread..........", now left click on that somewhere in middle until the whole web page address is hilighted (keep left clicking til this is hilighted), stop clicking and don't move mouse, now without moving your mouse, right click your mouse, and left click on "Copy" (you will have to move your mouse to left click), Open a new internet TAB and start your thread. You can have 2 open "TRAXXAS" internet tabs to be able to flip back and forth if need be! after you say something like "check it out here:" right click on your mouse and move your mouse to hilight "Paste" and left click on Paste, now the web address will be shown, enter a space after it, now you are done. This is also great for sending e-mails as you can direct your friend to the exact page. Here is another example: "check out this great new Cat Back from Corsa:" http://markenperformance.com/n-12895...or-delete.html . I just finished that Corsa one yesterday.
    🅼🅾🅳🅴🆁🅰🆃🅾🆁🆂 🅳🅾🅽'🆃 🅲🅰🆁🅴

  17. #17
    RC Qualifier PecosBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    353

  18. #18
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. rag6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Posts
    15,244
    Traxxas should make me "new product tester"
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

  19. #19
    RC Qualifier PecosBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    353
    That would be nice I'd like to be "new product tester" to That would probably be one of or the funnest job at Traxxas

  20. #20
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Greatscott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    N. Idaho... Da Sticks!
    Posts
    7,634
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Traxxas should make me "new product tester"
    I think I actually signed up for that position first... Just sayin'....

    Here is something I have suggested before...

    Traxxas makes their RCs totally waterproof, except for their transmitters. Would it not make sense for your TX to be just as waterproof as the rest of your RC?
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

  21. #21
    Traxxas Employee TireSlinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    953
    This could tie right into the "You're an RC Addict When ..." thread: Standing in the rain getting soaked while you have your transmitter in a plastic bag.
    Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.

  22. #22
    RC Qualifier PecosBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    353
    I haven't really thought about that before. I always try to avoid getting my car wet because bearings, screws and connectors rust and brushed motors get ruined and the gears may rust. Even if I dry it off as best I can, I can't always get 100% of the water out, unless I take it apart. Traxxas should make boat transmitters waterproof to.
    Doesn't need to be fancy. Just needs to run.

  23. #23
    RC Qualifier PecosBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    353
    I just realized that Traxxas says that the transmitter is an electronic, but its not waterproof. And Traxxas advertises "waterproof electronics" on pretty much all of their electric RCs. https://latrax.com/products/teton
    Doesn't need to be fancy. Just needs to run.

  24. #24
    Traxxas Employee TireSlinger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    953
    Link to the Teton manual:

    https://latrax.com/sites/default/fil...ual-EN-R00.pdf

    Page 17 covers wet weather running and specifically states the transmitter is not waterproof.

    "The LaTrax 2.4GHz transmitter is not water resistant. Do
    not subject it to wet conditions such as rain."

    You'll find similar wording in the other manuals.
    Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.

  25. #25
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    952
    Well the whole idea of Traxxas should make, look at the trx-4 for everyone said they should make a solid axle truck for a long time and look what happened they finally did but who knows what they really have in their future they probably like to keep a lot of that under the hats as much as possible like any other company with any other products until it's time. And where can I sign up to be a product tester I'll do it if the pay is just right then maybe I can have just one job the wife has been nagging me for years to move somewhere where it don't snow

  26. #26
    RC Qualifier Traxxas9008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    496
    I really want good Affordable Boats. Like the Blast, But Faster. Plus I've heard that the Boats they have made leak a little or overheat. (Anybody have know?)

    And Possibly a newer helicopter that could be bigger and better outside.

    Or maybe a Chevy Camaro, Chevy Corvette, Lamborghini Aventador, Lamborghini Gallardo, Audi TT, Audi A4, etc... Body.
    If you ain't getting dirty, you ain't having fun.

  27. #27
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Greatscott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    N. Idaho... Da Sticks!
    Posts
    7,634
    Quote Originally Posted by TireSlinger View Post
    This could tie right into the "You're an RC Addict When ..." thread: Standing in the rain getting soaked while you have your transmitter in a plastic bag.
    Been there, done that.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

  28. #28
    RC Qualifier PecosBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    353
    I was just saying that Traxxas should make waterproof transmitters. I thing they should make more helecopters. Some small ones for inside, some medium sized ones for both inside and outside, and some mega ones for outside I think they should make a boat that is a lot smaller than the Spartan. One that is about 20 inches long, so you can use it in more places
    Doesn't need to be fancy. Just needs to run.

  29. #29
    RC Qualifier Traxxas9008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    496
    Hehe... I thought I was the only one that sat outside in the rain with a garbage bag over my transmitter. hehe.
    If you ain't getting dirty, you ain't having fun.

  30. #30
    RC Racer
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    246
    Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Traxxas should make me "new product tester"
    Me too!! New product tester.That would be Cool. I would love it if traxxas made a New Helecopter like the DR1,a better and faster version.Call it DR2 i wouldnt mind that at all.

  31. #31
    RC Qualifier PecosBill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    353
    Traxxas should also make steel sleeves for the new metal diffs because of this https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...-very-bad-news!!!!!!!!! And traxxas should continue to make sst bodies. They have just started to make prerunner bodies, so why not sst bodies.
    Last edited by PecosBill; 09-11-2017 at 03:01 PM.
    Doesn't need to be fancy. Just needs to run.

  32. #32
    RC poster
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    5
    By the way, I believe Traxxas did make an r/c helicopter. If you look at the model filters on this website, there is one that says Drones and Helicopters.

  33. #33
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. rag6's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Posts
    15,244
    ... Rally car from the xmaxx platform. Shorter shock towers and shocks, and a set of rear mechanical brakes to mount on those little thingies hanging off the rear carriers... It could happen....
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

  34. #34
    RC Turnbuckle Jr. Greatscott's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    N. Idaho... Da Sticks!
    Posts
    7,634
    Reviving this guy...

    A Traxxas trailer. One that the TRX4 could pull towing a SCT or dragster.

    And, of course, as I have requested before...
    Traxxas makes all of their RCs waterproof, why not the radios too?
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

  35. #35
    RC Qualifier Traxxas9008's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    British Columbia
    Posts
    496
    Oooh, I would love to see them make a Trailer. Won't happen most likely though.. Because they make Cars, not trailers.. But with the TRX-4 released now, they might. We'll see.

    And YES! make the Radios WATERPROOF! I went camping this week and had a heck of a time trying to keep my radios dry. the Trucks were fine. Left them in the rain and the bodies kept them dry. But try keeping the Radios dry in the rain while camping. lol.
    If you ain't getting dirty, you ain't having fun.

  36. #36
    RC Qualifier ljl23's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Colorado USA
    Posts
    257
    1/16 or 1/10 UDR. Something to compete with the Losi Baja Rey.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Slash 4x4 and Slash VXL owner

  37. #37
    RC Qualifier Iansprouse1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Asheville NC
    Posts
    441
    make a 1/8 race buggy. Traxxas would do well with sponsoring drivers, hosting races, and if we're lucky maybe make said 1/8 buggy a kit? Sounds good to me as long as traxxas drivers dont have to use the traxxas servos.
    Slash 4x4, Stampede 4x4, SCX10, Bearded Dragon

  38. #38
    RC Racer MRSRT8's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Toronto, CANADA
    Posts
    132
    Why Traxxas haven't come out with a 1:8 scale gasoline powered truck?
    Philippians 2:10-11
    Have a nice day! :)

  39. #39
    RC Qualifier
    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Posts
    955

    Traxxas Should Make...

    They used to have one but it was a night I beleive and with lipo technology making leaps and noubds, I just don't see Traxxas getting into gasoline powered vehicles. JMHO'S.
    Last edited by 222; 09-25-2018 at 08:47 PM. Reason: Wrong post

  40. #40
    Marshal Double G's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    13,570
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSRT8 View Post
    Why Traxxas haven't come out with a 1:8 scale gasoline powered truck?
    They may be working on one; however, those outside of Traxxas's walls don't know what is going on inside. They may have seen the flops of HPI and Losi a couple years ago. They were supposed to be the next great thing but the cost "savings" vs nitro wasn't much - you still had to buy the gasoline at ~$3/gallon then use their special oil blend to mix in at $15/bottle. Plus you had to tune the engine just as much as a nitro. Where was the supposed benefit?
    The Super Derecho

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •