Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    They may be working on one; however, those outside of Traxxas's walls don't know what is going on inside. They may have seen the flops of HPI and Losi a couple years ago. They were supposed to be the next great thing but the cost "savings" vs nitro wasn't much - you still had to buy the gasoline at ~$3/gallon then use their special oil blend to mix in at $15/bottle. Plus you had to tune the engine just as much as a nitro. Where was the supposed benefit?
    Probably still cheaper than buying nitro fuel. Yeah, I heard about HPI and Losi having issue with overheating. Hope Traxxas can fix this problem, if they're coming out with one.
    Philippians 2:10-11
    Have a nice day! :)

Quote Originally Posted by MRSRT8 View Post
    Probably still cheaper than buying nitro fuel. Yeah, I heard about HPI and Losi having issue with overheating. Hope Traxxas can fix this problem, if they're coming out with one.
    Yeah but not a significant savings as those manufacturers marketed. Maybe everyone got caught up thinking they were going to be similar to a weed whip or chain saw engine and didn't realize the work was similar to a nitro engine.

Me? I hope Traxxas develops a gasser where it runs on pump gas with oil I can buy at the hardware store and requires a tune and maintenance similar to other small engines in my garage.
    The Super Derecho

RC Enthusiast
    More bodies for their 4TEC Chassis perhaps? Ferrari, Lambo, Lotus, Porsche, McClaren, LM cars, 80s/90s supercars, 60s/70s muscle cars, etc. Make them scale looking (with optional light kits) and give Tamiya a run for their money!

Quote Originally Posted by joeR6 View Post
    More bodies for their 4TEC Chassis perhaps? Ferrari, Lambo, Lotus, Porsche, McClaren, LM cars, 80s/90s supercars, 60s/70s muscle cars, etc. Make them scale looking (with optional light kits) and give Tamiya a run for their money!
    And have the licensing fees run the prices up to where the sales wouldn’t support the production?
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

Ooh, I'd love that. I would seriously buy every single body if they did that.
    If you ain't getting dirty, you ain't having fun.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    And have the licensing fees run the prices up to where the sales wouldn’t support the production?
    Thread asked what Traxxas should make next. I simply gave an answer. I'm sure they already have to pay a licensing fees on the Ford GT/Mustang. I think the Ford GT is cool, but i don't like it enough to buy it.
    Now if Traxxas made a Mazda 787B LM or Porsche 959 body for it i'd buy it immediately!! I'm a sucker for Nostalgia, as are many other people on this forum i'd imagine.
    Only reason i'd consider buying Tamiya is b/c they have really cool bodies (older Ferraris, Porsches, etc) and they come in kit form.

RC Competitor
    Hopefully they put OBA back in the ultimate at some point. The new Ultimate lost the OBA feature. Maybe make it the
    68087-44. I got use to the OBA with my 68087-24s. I like the new improved features of the latest ultimate. Just sort of miss the OBA feature. A slash size UDR might be cool too, or a ultra scale slash.
    RC's4-UDR/6-XMax/?-Slash/1-Rust4X/4-E-rev/4-E-maxx

Thread asked what Traxxas should make next. I simply gave an answer. I'm sure they already have to pay a licensing fees on the Ford GT/Mustang. I think the Ford GT is cool, but i don't like it enough to buy it.
    Now if Traxxas made a Mazda 787B LM or Porsche 959 body for it i'd buy it immediately!! I'm a sucker for Nostalgia, as are many other people on this forum i'd imagine.
    Only reason i'd consider buying Tamiya is b/c they have really cool bodies (older Ferraris, Porsches, etc) and they come in kit form.
    Lol, do the other forums you frequent not allow a free exchange of opinions and ideas? Your wishlist is fine, even admirable, but is not reasonable. Traxxas needs to be profitable to remain on business. Your post in the CTS-V thread just goes to prove my point that there are simply not enough consumers who want the same thing to make a wide range shells worth producing. Thanks!
    Alt-248 on the number pad = °

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12