SilentRunner's Ford GT

Figured I would start a thread sharing my build as it progresses.

First upgrade is one you can't see lol.

I got a Hot Racing (TRF1801) aluminum motor mount about a week ago and decided to install it this morning.

Later on I am gonna take her out for a run. I am kind of curious to see if the mount will act as a bit of a heat sink and pull a bit of the heat off the motor.
    3RusterXL5
    4Nitro4Tec
    "Snap On"Alias
    Craniac

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Looks cool. Your pinion needs to make full contact with the spur though if possible. Right?

Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    Looks cool. Your pinion needs to make full contact with the spur though if possible. Right?
    I thought about moving it but that is how it came from the factory. The HR mount does not seem to change the spacing. When the new Castle sensor equipped motors become a bit more plentiful I am going to toss one of those in (along with a Mamba X if it will fit)and then I will fix the mesh. Back of my brain told me to let it be thinking that I will end up with an excuse to have to pull the driveshaft. I been thinking of a way to make a center support for the shaft to help combat the wobble that others are commenting about with the brushless setups they are running.
    3RusterXL5
    4Nitro4Tec
    "Snap On"Alias
    Craniac

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    You're on the right track

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

SilentRunner's Ford GT

I bet Tekno will make one and your problem will be solved

Quote Originally Posted by SilentRunner007 View Post
    I thought about moving it but that is how it came from the factory. The HR mount does not seem to change the spacing. When the new Castle sensor equipped motors become a bit more plentiful I am going to toss one of those in (along with a Mamba X if it will fit)and then I will fix the mesh. Back of my brain told me to let it be thinking that I will end up with an excuse to have to pull the driveshaft. I been thinking of a way to make a center support for the shaft to help combat the wobble that others are commenting about with the brushless setups they are running.
    So are you saying you have a wobble in your motor shaft? This is why your pinion is not aligned with the spur or did i miss something? I honestly don't see that mount pulling much heat away from your motor. I could always be wrong though. I can say that for everything I say.
    Last edited by lektro; 06-25-2017 at 04:49 PM.
    Choose Life !!!

Quote Originally Posted by lektro View Post
    So are you saying you have a wobble in your motor shaft? This is why your pinion is not aligned with the spur or did i miss something? I honestly don't see that mount pulling much heat away from your motor. I could always be wrong though. I can say that for everything I say.
    The pinion is making the same contact with the spur gear with the HR mount as stock. I didn't mess with the pinion. Currently I have not had an issue with driveshaft wobble. Seems to be happening with others that have swapped out the titan for a brushless set up. Check other threads here. you can see spots in the pics posted on the driveshaft where contact is being made as the shaft wobbles or flexes if you prefer.
    This does not seem to happen with the stock brushed motor.
    As far as the mount acting like I heat sink... that is more of an "I hope" kind of thing. Temps seem to be a bit on the warm side even stock. I'll take any temp reduction I can get lol
    3RusterXL5
    4Nitro4Tec
    "Snap On"Alias
    Craniac

Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    I bet Tekno will make one and your problem will be solved
    Be nice to see if somebody does.
    Kinda hope to see some more "hop up" stuff appear for the GT soon.
    3RusterXL5
    4Nitro4Tec
    "Snap On"Alias
    Craniac

I shot Hot-Racing a email inquiring about the availability of some of the other items listed on their website. They said in around 3 weeks we should start seeing some other stuff available. =)
    3RusterXL5
    4Nitro4Tec
    "Snap On"Alias
    Craniac

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by SilentRunner007 View Post
    I shot Hot-Racing a email inquiring about the availability of some of the other items listed on their website. They said in around 3 weeks we should start seeing some other stuff available. =)
    I heard the same thing from them 3 months ago when asking about their 2wd Slash adjustable servo saver parts........I wouldn't hold your breath.