RC Champion

Traxxas link problem

I installed the link on the TRX4 transmitter. Everything linked and works very well. When I try to open "Driver Effects" it shuts the app down. Any suggestions, I cant find any thing online about it.
    "Better Old and Devious than Young and Exuberant"

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by BRICK57 View Post
    I installed the link on the TRX4 transmitter. Everything linked and works very well. When I try to open "Driver Effects" it shuts the app down. Any suggestions, I cant find any thing online about it.
    Have the same thing...so I called traxxas and they working on it... a lot of people have the same issue on android

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by yasikb View Post
    Have the same thing...so I called traxxas and they working on it... a lot of people have the same issue on android

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk
    The same here. I hope they can fix it soon. Obviously this issue has no high priotity....
    I dont like the steering. I would like to have a higher sensitivity.

RC Racer
    Over a week ago, a Traxxas rep said it would be fixed "within 48 hours". That didn't happen. I hope they are working on a fix for use with Android. Last year it worked fine with my Android 4.4 phone. Now it doesn't work with either my 4.4 phone or my 7.0 Nvidia Shield tablet.

RC poster
    Same problem with mine =(

RC Racer
    Traxxas asked me to mail in the Bluetooth module for flashing. I did 3 days ago ($2.75 postage). I received notice today that they received, processed, and mailed the module back out to me.

If I receive it by Saturday, fantastic. If it works, double fantastic.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by gfmucci View Post
    Traxxas asked me to mail in the Bluetooth module for flashing. I did 3 days ago ($2.75 postage). I received notice today that they received, processed, and mailed the module back out to me.

If I receive it by Saturday, fantastic. If it works, double fantastic.
    How was your module experience?

RC poster
    Yes, following along. Doesn't work on my android but works great on IOS

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Pmonpsn View Post
    How was your module experience?
    I got the module back Tuesday, August 1 from Traxxas. Tried it with my Android 7 tablet. Paired right away and features all work. Tried it with my Android 4.4 phone, and it does NOT pair. I don't care much about the phone app because the lower 25% of the screen was cut off anyway. Never did work right on the 4.4.

I tried it out on my Slash. I'll test it with the TRX-4 in the next couple of days. Trying the 5 different modes should be fun.

Those of you who have the BT module and more than one BT capable vehicle, do you have just one module and swap it between your 2 or more transmitters, or do you have a BT module for each transmitter?

RC Qualifier
    Glad to hear it works now on android 7 tablet. Maybe try it with on 4.4 phone with the old apk? I have a special s4 mini phone for my tqi's. Only use that phone for that purpase. Its small, fast and cheap to get second hand.

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by gfmucci View Post
    I got the module back Tuesday, August 1 from Traxxas. Tried it with my Android 7 tablet. Paired right away and features all work. Tried it with my Android 4.4 phone, and it does NOT pair. I don't care much about the phone app because the lower 25% of the screen was cut off anyway. Never did work right on the 4.4.

I tried it out on my Slash. I'll test it with the TRX-4 in the next couple of days. Trying the 5 different modes should be fun.

Those of you who have the BT module and more than one BT capable vehicle, do you have just one module and swap it between your 2 or more transmitters, or do you have a BT module for each transmitter?
    i just binded my trx4's transmitter to all my other cars. a lot easier to just have one to lug around with me