Thread: DJ's Ford GT**

DJ's Ford GT**

Decided to go with the Castle Sidwinder 3 and 4600 for a bit more speed. Running the 25T Pinion on 3S should be pretty insane for my small street. May have to go find some open road. I was only getting about 41 on the VXL System so Im curious to see the bump in speed.
    I installed the contact foams 30mm Rear and 26mm up front, Tires were pretty inexpensive and hold like glue.
    Adjustable XD Aluminum Threaded Shocks set so she's almost scraping the ground

RC Competitor
    Curious to hear how it does

I am curious how it goes myself. I was planning on going with one of the new slate motors in either 3800 or 4600.
    ESC a Mamba max? Not using the sensor wire?
    Your ground clearance scares me.. I have heard mind scrape going over a pebble lol
    3RusterXL5
    4Nitro4Tec
    "Snap On"Alias
    Craniac

RC Qualifier
    U don't have any clearance issues with those rear foams? It looks pretty close to the shock ends. Plus they make the width not quite as wide as stock tires. I got a set of those, but I'm afraid to run them.
    With the chassis that low, u better find a super smooth, super flat surface. Mine is much higher and I still scrape the chassis on occasion. I went to a freshly constructed church with a nice open lot, thinking it would be perfect. Boy was I wrong. All kinds of small rocks and construction debris.
    I can't wait to drop in my new hot racing motor mount this weekend. Too bad i wont be able to see it once the gear cover goes on.
    Last edited by SL4SHGT8BASHER; 06-26-2017 at 08:55 PM.

Not really worried about scraping the chassis doing 45mph in this thing, its cheap to replace once I wear this one out
    I did have to install the wide Traxxas 12mm Adapters to get the rear tires to fit properly without rubbing the bottom of the shock eyelets.
    Managed 45.3, It looks much faster in person when it flies by you and you have to get on the brakes immediately. Definitely going to try a big open mall parking lot one morning but more than satisfied with the speed.

RC Qualifier
    I use those same hex adapter on all 4 corners(except aluminum clamping ones). I got some 17mm and 20mm extended hexes coming from China. Bought two sets already that don't fit. Weather permitting, I will go ahead and give my foams a shot. I changed the camber link to the upper position to get my adjustable links to adjust the rear camber a bit. I also have some yeah racing rubber tires to test, and some Gravity usgt tires on order. Seem like finding good shoes is the hardest thing so far... I think the next biggest challenge will be getting the final drive ratio down to 4.0. They need to release smaller spur gear options.

Only 39 calories burned?
    More gearing and tire/wheel options available would be helpful.
    3RusterXL5
    4Nitro4Tec
    "Snap On"Alias
    Craniac

That is one sweet looking machine DJ! I was thinking on one myself! Think I can borrow yours for a day. All I want to do is take it apart and rebuild it . I like a good challenge. It look's so sophisticated. Love it!
    Choose Life !!!

RC Qualifier
    COOL! I really want to run this on a carpet track. The gearing looks easily modifiable to to cope with a stock 17.5T motor.

Should see what the 29t pinion would do

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=...&v=rIr6LdH5xow
    Took mine out to a track last weekend. Hope to go back out for July 4 and get some better video. It's hard to drive and film...
    http://youtu.be/rIr6LdH5xow

With 4300kv, 25t pinion it was awesome!
    I chewed up all my rubber tires before going all foam. The 30mm rears were rubbing on my shock ends on the lower arm. Had to replace them on both sides. Running 26mm foam all around was outstanding!

Man.. that track. Wish there was one like that near me.
    3RusterXL5
    4Nitro4Tec
    "Snap On"Alias
    Craniac

RC Qualifier
    yeah that track is HUGE! one of only two big tracks in Texas, so i'm lucky it's only an hour drive away. i tried to get some better video yesterday but my phone ran out of space... hopefully i can make it back out there this weekend. i got a 29 tooth pinion on order, and some 65t, and 64t spur gears to try and mod up something. it looks so slow going along that back straight...
    the asphalt destroyed my rubber tires though... the HPI VTA tires lasted 2 packs before the fronts split open on me. the Yeah Racing tires did pretty well, but also lasted 2 packs. stock tires do not wear as bad, but have significantly less grip. the foams are hands down the best.
    but i wonder if foams have a point where they don't get as good grip. it seemed like my foams started sliding a lot after the 4th pack.
    i even got a few laps with my SL2SH mid-motor gt8 project.
    super fun weekend