RC Enthusiast

Question Need to slow down the x-maxx with app and bluetooth.

Hi,

I know it is an uncommon question, But I need it to slow down, My last RC was 12 years ago a T-Maxx 2.5
    I did not expect that the 8s x-maxx with 6s lipo would still be that strong... I also want my kids to drive it
    at low speed.

Couple of questions:
    1. when turning the remote first and then the model on from the ESC, I noticed that the
    front wheel shake a bit, when I turn off TSM it stops, is that the way it meant to be?

2. When I set training mode from the app, it shows 50%, when I dial it down further,
    The car wheals start spinning in reverse...., same thing happens when I set the throttle
    trim to lower the middle start point.

I have an 8s x-maxx with 6s lipo's and the remote connected to the app with bluetooth, any help would be appreciated.

Tal.
    - X-MAXX 8S
    - TRX 4 Camel
    - T-Maxx 2.5 Brushless

RC Racer
    I have not tried to turn my x-maxx down but I as well have been out of the rc game for a while. Well not really as I still had some but haven't ran them in years. I bought a x-maxx for my girls to play with and to take camping. Ya I wasn't really ready for the x-maxx lol.
    Long story short the xmaxx is mine and I have modded it a bit and the girls need some stampedes or something lol.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by TalZRC View Post
    Hi,
    Couple of questions:
    1. when turning the remote first and then the model on from the ESC, I noticed that the
    front wheel shake a bit, when I turn off TSM it stops, is that the way it meant to be?

2. When I set training mode from the app, it shows 50%, when I dial it down further,
    The car wheals start spinning in reverse...., same thing happens when I set the throttle
    trim to lower the middle start point.

I have an 8s x-maxx with 6s lipo's and the remote connected to the app with bluetooth, any help would be appreciated.

Tal.
    1: Yes, TSM shakes the steering a little. If you turn it up over 100% (the 50% point on the knob) it gets very aggressive.

2: You cannot set the throttle trim below neutral. There is no adjusting the start point of neutral unless you reprogram the ESC to use a 70/30 trigger pull. "trim" on a digital throttle is kind of dumb honestly. If the truck is moving in reverse when you set the training mode level, it means you've got the multifunction knob in throttle trim mode instead of training mode. Training mode merely limits the maximum throttle travel passed to the ESC.

RC Enthusiast
    That is exactly what happened!

In order to get the x-maxx to be slow I needed to set the multi function to 50%.
    in the app enter training mode setup, and turn the multi function knob to 15%, and enable training mode.
    THEN set the multi function knob to 50% again so that the TSM will be active again in 50% mode.

Once you understood the order of things it quite simple...
    - X-MAXX 8S
    - TRX 4 Camel
    - T-Maxx 2.5 Brushless

Traxxas Employee
    You can run the X-Maxx on 4s if you really need to slow it down. Two of the 7600s should get you good run time and a much more manageable speed. Also try using one of the smaller pinion gears.

RC Enthusiast
    My 8s running 6s 6000mah is more then enough for me and my kids right now, my kids run the x-maxx at 15% throttle limit

We drive the truck together for more then a hour a half, and the voltage is at 23v...
    - X-MAXX 8S
    - TRX 4 Camel
    - T-Maxx 2.5 Brushless

RC poster

how much can i slow down the MAXX?

Quote Originally Posted by TalZRC View Post
    That is exactly what happened!

In order to get the x-maxx to be slow I needed to set the multi function to 50%.
    in the app enter training mode setup, and turn the multi function knob to 15%, and enable training mode.
    THEN set the multi function knob to 50% again so that the TSM will be active again in 50% mode.

Once you understood the order of things it quite simple...
    My son is 4 years old...how much can i slow this thing down so he can play with it?

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by E-Maxxdude View Post
    You can run the X-Maxx on 4s if you really need to slow it down. Two of the 7600s should get you good run time and a much more manageable speed. Also try using one of the smaller pinion gears.
    The best option and answer, run in 4S or 3S, for less power and speed.

RC Racer
    An xmaxx is not what your little guy needs. He needs something 10th scale.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by graphios View Post
    My son is 4 years old...how much can i slow this thing down so he can play with it?
    I wouldnt let a 4 year old play with X Maxx.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by iguanaman View Post
    I wouldnt let a 4 year old play with X Maxx.
    It’s like giving my 16 year old son the keys to a 800 hp Gt-500! Lol

RC Qualifier
    graphios, you can go in the app click on garage then channel setup then throttle then bring the throttle down to around 10 percent or lower you will be fine, it will be like driving around a really expensive New Bright rc

I do this for my kids and neighbors kid all the time