RC Qualifier

4tec 2.0 ongoing review

Since it's been pretty quit I wanted to create a thread about my 4tec and the mods I do to it , Id like to share my own thoughts and opinions as well as have a thread so other members can also comment there opinions and Ideas on the car aswell. So far right off the bat this car is really dull in power . It has so much potential but it was held back so much being brushed , first thing I did vxl upgrade , that made the car much more fun and made it moderately speedy when using the speed pinion . I would say it's a solid 40 mph on 2s with said gearing(not actually using gps taking a guess) next I got the hot racing motor mount it seemed to keep the motor temp slightly cooler , not extremely but still noticeable. Next I put bearing in the bell cranks , I don't understand why it would even have bushings there that seems a little lazy . So far with these few mods it's been much more fun to drive it is fast enough to almost get you in trouble but not quite fast enough to get you breaking stuff . Car will run a whole 4200mah pack and be warm to the touch not really hot at all , may I add I'm powersliding most of the time . Next thing I plan to do is a shock upgrade , not sure which route I'm going yet I have some big bores from my 4tecs I want to try for giggles but I don't think they will be sufficient. As of now I'm trying to figure out how to remove some of the slop in the control Arms. I will update as I progress in changing stuff . Feel free to comment ideas or anything of that nature . Will post pics shortly .

RC Qualifier
    Alrite so I got a lil update. on 2 s the car doesn't even get very warm at all this is without body tho I can't bring myself to run it with it lol ,tried 3s with the optional gearing and it took it like a Champ , gets a bit warmer but by no means extremely hot . I also discovered these tires aren't that great on 3s they slip and slide to much in pavement. I had a nice flip and discovered a lil annoyance , on flips I'm guessing the rear turnbuckles flex enough that the rear dog bone popped out (took a solid 20 minutes to find it .it was dark ...)and yes upgrades will be coming soon from hot racing they have several parts listed but not yet available . I'd really love to see a carbon fiber chassis , it's pretty heavy but does serve as a great platform and has a lot of potential.