RC Competitor

Green springs for Big Bore shocks

Got my 5 year old a Traxxas Skully about a year ago. The only thing left Skully is the body and wheely bar. I picked up a Stampede 4x4 and then dropped in a VXL system and made other upgrades as needed. He is having a blast with it. My question is... I was using the green springs from the Skully but got him a set of Big Bores and the springs don't seat correctly on the Big Bores so now he has white springs. I want some green ones but want them to fit the Big Bores properly. Anyone have any suggestions.

On a side. I have cut the eyes out and put in a set of googly eyes on a servo with a red LED in each eye. When he steer left or right the eyes track that same way.

After I get a little. Ore cash together I plan on running 27mm hubs and the wheels tires off my Summit and a Mamba X and 2400 geared down a bit just to handle the wheeel tire size. Should be a pretty crazy looking truck.

Also, anyone know if I could run an On Board Audio set up with a Castle Mamba X? Not worried about mounting the speakers just not sure about the ESC. I found out that the XL-6 and VXL ESC's have an extra set of wires to the OBA to give it throttle input so it know when to rev and what not. I think that would be a cool final touch for his truck.

RC Competitor
    Lol. XL-5 not XL-6.

Quote Originally Posted by AMOuellette View Post
    Got my 5 year old a Traxxas Skully about a year ago. The only thing left Skully is the body and wheely bar. I picked up a Stampede 4x4 and then dropped in a VXL system and made other upgrades as needed. He is having a blast with it. My question is... I was using the green springs from the Skully but got him a set of Big Bores and the springs don't seat correctly on the Big Bores so now he has white springs. I want some green ones but want them to fit the Big Bores properly. Anyone have any suggestions.

On a side. I have cut the eyes out and put in a set of googly eyes on a servo with a red LED in each eye. When he steer left or right the eyes track that same way.

After I get a little. Ore cash together I plan on running 27mm hubs and the wheels tires off my Summit and a Mamba X and 2400 geared down a bit just to handle the wheeel tire size. Should be a pretty crazy looking truck.

Also, anyone know if I could run an On Board Audio set up with a Castle Mamba X? Not worried about mounting the speakers just not sure about the ESC. I found out that the XL-6 and VXL ESC's have an extra set of wires to the OBA to give it throttle input so it know when to rev and what not. I think that would be a cool final touch for his truck.
    Id just paint the springs with the same paint youd paint a body with. Those paints are pretty flexible. Ive done it on my rustler(orange on the white spring) and had no problems except where springs rubbed on chassis but was hardly noticeable and cant fault rubbing off as a paint failure, but you may not have that problem.

The eyes sound cool link a video!

On the oba, i believe it could prob be ran with a y splitter pigtail off esc input much like adding the led headlight, taillight and turn signal kits. You can buy the rx wire splitters at lhs or make your self if you solder and have extra rx wires....

93 mph Rustler
    86 mph P4de
    Last edited by Briber; 07-02-2017 at 11:06 PM.
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

RC Competitor
    That's a good idea thanks. I can always Touch it up or repaint them if needed as well.

I will post a video once the project is complete minus the Mamba X 2400 and Summit tires. That's going to be the spendy part. Lol

That's a good idea thanks. I can always Touch it up or repaint them if needed as well.

I will post a video once the project is complete minus the Mamba X 2400 and Summit tires. That's going to be the spendy part. Lol
    Sounds good, look forward to it, your welcome. Mm2 is a little cheaper and pretty much the same except for data logging i believe...

93 mph Rustler
    86 mph P4de

RC Competitor
    MMX supports a Sensored motor which was the reason i went with the X!!! Want a Sensored Summit.

MMX supports a Sensored motor which was the reason i went with the X!!! Want a Sensored Summit.
    Got ya!

93 mph Rustler
    86 mph P4de

RC Competitor
    Hereit is so far.

4x4 Stampede VXL the Summit tires actually don't rub and I have full range of steering. The stock servo is a little slow. Most likely upgrading that when I throw the MIP axles in.
    Last edited by AMOuellette; 07-18-2017 at 11:54 PM.