RC poster

extra running time

hi everyone
    can any one recommend for me battery for the Teton with extra running time without any modification just plug and play
    and if there is a battery that beef up the speed little bid also without modification.
    thanks

RC Racer
    Don't think that is possible without some kind of modification. Read: https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...he-iD-chargers . Stock is Nimh battery. To get slightly more speed you would have to go to 2S Lipo battery which may require new connector and definitely new charger. You may be able to change # teeth on spur gear and pinion to get more speed. Buy a 2nd battery.
    Last edited by BigAL12; 07-03-2017 at 11:10 AM. Reason: 2nd battery
    🅼🅾🅳🅴🆁🅰🆃🅾🆁🆂 🅳🅾🅽'🆃 🅲🅰🆁🅴

RC Enthusiast
    What kind of run time are you getting now and what charger are you using?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeatredline76 View Post
    What kind of run time are you getting now and what charger are you using?
    12-14 mints max
    Is that normal

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Radwan View Post
    12-14 mints max
    Is that normal
    I charged mine when I got it, and have not run it down yet. I've driven it around in the house a few times, up and down the street twice and drove it over a block to a commercial area where I made a video with it, and drove it back to my house. Just checked and it's at 7.93v which is about 1.3v per cell. When I charged it upon unpacking it took 1198mah of charge. I don't drive real crazy and usually cruise at about half throttle.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by BigAL12 View Post
    Don't think that is possible without some kind of modification. Read: https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...he-iD-chargers . Stock is Nimh battery. To get slightly more speed you would have to go to 2S Lipo battery which may require new connector and definitely new charger. You may be able to change # teeth on spur gear and pinion to get more speed. Buy a 2nd battery.
    Thanks for the tips
    I will go for the teeth now and i might change the battery maybe its damaged

RC poster
    Thanks
    I will check something and let you know guys

RC Enthusiast
    If you don' already have a charger with a digital readout, it would help to know what capacity you are removing and putting back into the battery.