Thread: Image Test

Image Test

Thought there was a thread for testing images? Couldn't find it...

Devorcing from Photo Bucket, testing new image hosting sites.

Imgur

http://imgur.com/a/DJ0j7

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/DJ0j7"><a href="//imgur.com/DJ0j7">Traxxas Sl4sh</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hmmmm....
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Enthusiast

Looks like facebook hosting works fine. Click on the picture in your album or wherever on facebook it is (make sure it opens to large size) then right click on it and select copy image address. In traxxas forum click insert image icon and paste that address in the box that pops up. Click ok. Post & done.

I had not tried that till just now, I too am done with photobucket they run too many advertisements when you are trying to upload an image or get a link address. Too annoying to deal with is why they want us to pay for the subscription service.

I'm assuming the facebook address for images is static and the picture will not change to something else or disappear so long as the original on facebook isn't deleted, time will tell.
    Last edited by lifeatredline76; 07-03-2017 at 11:35 AM.

Sla2hP4deXSummitRusty2TRX4Bigfoot#14TEC2.0Rally

Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    Thought there was a thread for testing images? Couldn't find it...

Devorcing from Photo Bucket, testing new image hosting sites.

Imgur

http://imgur.com/a/DJ0j7

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/DJ0j7"><a href="//imgur.com/DJ0j7">Traxxas Sl4sh</a></blockquote><script async src="//s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Hmmmm....
    I can only imagine why you are divorcing Photo Bucket. They are trying to get everyone to pay 400 dollars for there services. When i paid 59 dollars for a year it was for posting to 3rd parties for a year. Now they have committed fraud and are holding peoples photos for a ransom to pay $400. Even though i signed up for a year of the same thing while only using it for 3 months so far. I truly think they will be going out of business here shortly. Lots of teed off folks threatening a massive lawsuit. I am just hanging around to see the outcome. It takes some work but can still post to 3rd parties. we'll see>>>>
    Choose Life !!!

https://www.facebook.com/photobucket...type=3&theater

Check out some of the post's about photo bucket here.
    Choose Life !!!

Quote Originally Posted by lektro View Post
    https://www.facebook.com/photobucket...type=3&theater

Check out some of the post's about photo bucket here.
    For some reason ad-botting when you logged on didn't generate money, so now they have taken the tactics of the recent ransomware attacks. If they made their service ad-free for $20-30, I would do it. But $400 is just insane, they are counting on lots of people with lots of linked pictures to pay up. I think they will crash and burn, and rightly so.

I feel bad for the people that have paid for their service and are being told to cough up $340 more dollars, seriously isn't right.

Hmmm.... could not get that command to come up in FB to link the photo. Tried a google search, it come up with a different way that didn't work either (using the 'CTRL' button.)

Thanks for the info on FB linking, I will try it.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=3&theater

AHHHHHhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!! In imgur, its the "BB Code" that provides the link!!!! Schweet!!!
    Last edited by Greatscott; 07-03-2017 at 09:01 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Something I didn't think about is when I copied the image url from my picture, I was on my "public" hobby page which allows anyone to see pictures. If you are sharing image url from a "personal" account the forum may not be able to access the pic to load it due to permissions.

also the facebook image url should begin with https://scontent.fmci1-1.fna.fbcdn.net or something close to it. Right clicking the pic in your feed generates a url like the one you posted, but left clicking on the picture to make it bigger and then right clicking gives a different url.
    Last edited by lifeatredline76; 07-03-2017 at 10:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by lifeatredline76 View Post
    Something I didn't think about is when I copied the image url from my picture, I was on my "public" hobby page which allows anyone to see pictures. If you are sharing image url from a "personal" account the forum may not be able to access the pic to load it due to permissions.

also the facebook image url should begin with https://scontent.fmci1-1.fna.fbcdn.net or something close to it. Right clicking the pic in your feed generates a url like the one you posted, but left clicking on the picture to make it bigger and then right clicking gives a different url.
    Pretty cool ride there Scott. What is that?

It's really sad , A lot of people used them directly for saving there pics and for posting on there own forums, and for business. Now many have no access to there photos. This is why I say massive lawsuit. I only take pics off my phone, save to my PC then transfer to PB to post here. It was fairly easy. I don't really see them sticking to this ransom thing everyone is calling it. They would surely lose if a lawsuit was filed.

Another thing, a lot of the people were using their site for free. In my opinion they should have been more tactful and sent out message to the freeloaders explaining they will be charging a 59 dollar a year fee starting on a certain date. I am sure they would have made a gazillion dollars. Now they have everyone running away. Whoever came up with this idea, Am sure has been terminated from their position. lol
    Last edited by lektro; 07-04-2017 at 09:26 AM.
    Choose Life !!!

Pretty cool ride there Scott. What is that?
    That is my 4WD Sl4sh with a Integy cage on it. It looked good, but that cage was too heavy.

To all who are (understandably) jumping ship to another kind of free photohost: be prepared to jump again. I don't see this practice ending with PB. It may moderate a little, but i don't think it will stop.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    To all who are (understandably) jumping ship to another kind of free photohost: be prepared to jump again. I don't see this practice ending with PB. It may moderate a little, but i don't think it will stop.
    I think if they went ad-free for $20 a year (or very limited ads), with a limited amount of storage/BW, and perhaps the $60 plan for unlimited BW and a large amount of storage they would make money, with 3rd party linking for both plans. But trying to shock users into playing $400 is, by any measure, outrageous.

I am really surprised YouTube doesn't have some sort of photo-host feature. I guess they would need to figure out how to attach ads to the picture, perhaps underneath for them to make money off of it.

I still have the 60 dollar photo bucket plan. I can still copy and paste. At least i could yesterday. Maybe i should go try now!
    Choose Life !!!

Looks like facebook hosting works fine. Click on the picture in your album or wherever on facebook it is (make sure it opens to large size) then right click on it and select copy image address. In traxxas forum click insert image icon and paste that address in the box that pops up. Click ok. Post & done.

I had not tried that till just now, I too am done with photobucket they run too many advertisements when you are trying to upload an image or get a link address. Too annoying to deal with is why they want us to pay for the subscription service.

I'm assuming the facebook address for images is static and the picture will not change to something else or disappear so long as the original on facebook isn't deleted, time will tell.
    What the heck is that in the background of this pic?
    Choose Life !!!

Quote Originally Posted by SummitonSlingrs View Post
    This looks interesting but do they have an app for our phones? I didn't see one in the playstore.
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

RC Enthusiast
    What the heck is that in the background of this pic?
    This is a still frame from a video I made at night while a electrical storm was moving closer, this was the instant of lightning flash caught on frame. The videos are linked in the erevo video thread.

Pretty Cool Pic! Do you have more? Lightning storms amaze me...So frickin powerful...
    Choose Life !!!

Choose Life !!!

RC Enthusiast
    Pretty Cool Pic! Do you have more? Lightning storms amaze me...So frickin powerful...

There is more on my youtube channel.

And the link to facebook album with still frames from the video https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=ef51b4524b

There is more on my youtube channel.

And the link to facebook album with still frames from the video https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...1&l=ef51b4524b
    Wow That is one intense storm like nothing I have seen and i have been on the planet for a long time! Where is that? I guess Kansas eh?
    Last edited by lektro; 07-10-2017 at 05:52 PM.
    Choose Life !!!

RC Enthusiast
    Wow That is one intense storm like nothing I have seen and i have been on the planet for a long time! Where is that? I guess Kansas eh?
    Yes in Kansas. The storms we get here are often very electrical in the summer. The hotter it is during the day the worse the lightning it seems. That video is a compilation of most of the lightning from a 20 minute period.

Yes in Kansas. The storms we get here are often very electrical in the summer. The hotter it is during the day the worse the lightning it seems. That video is a compilation of most of the lightning from a 20 minute period.
    I will have to say! Wicked lighting strikes!
    Choose Life !!!

just checkin
    Choose Life !!!

Trying Flikr

IMG_0863 by Scott O, on Flickr

Surely seemed to work pretty good there Scott O
    Choose Life !!!

RC Racer

Wink Google Doesn't Work, Twitter Does

I have tried Google Photos and photos from Google+ but they don't Work! The web address has to end with .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .gif, that's why Google doesn't work. Twitter does, to see how to get Twitter pics to work on Traxxas see my post: https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...=1#post6401020 . See also post 29 and 32.
    Here's a pic from Twitter showing 2018 specs of 5.0L Coyote engine in Ford Mustang

1 More from Traxxas Racing Twitter:
    Last edited by BigAL12; 08-13-2017 at 05:45 PM.
    🅼🅾🅳🅴🆁🅰🆃🅾🆁🆂 🅳🅾🅽'🆃 🅲🅰🆁🅴

Hi just testing if image uploaded from facebookhttp://https://www.facebook.com/lizi...737936&type=3#
    Can't get enough of my Rc's

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by barra220 View Post

Hi just testing if image uploaded from facebookhttp://https://www.facebook.com/lizi...737936&type=3#
    Too many http, when you have desired pic try right clicking on it than select (left click) on copy image address, and see this tutorial post: https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...=1#post6402394 your link must end in .jpg, .jpeg, .png or .gif None of yours is either!
    here's a pic from Traxxas Twitter, it's not as good as my last pic 2 posts ago! I hope Lektro is seeing this pic on how tires are installed directionally. Also just installed 1 of best AGM batteries you can buy for car, it's bigger than stock as well.

Last edited by BigAL12; 08-23-2017 at 07:16 PM.
    🅼🅾🅳🅴🆁🅰🆃🅾🆁🆂 🅳🅾🅽'🆃 🅲🅰🆁🅴

Ok
    Thanks Bigal12

Thanks Bigal12 it worked

Just testing upload from google photos test.

I have worked out that you can upload from google photo's the same way that BigAl12 explained how to upload from facebook but you have to open the photo first (in google photo's) and then the copy image location/address comes up.
    Awesome.
    Last edited by barra220; 08-23-2017 at 09:02 PM.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by barra220 View Post
    I have worked out that you can upload from google photo's the same way that BigAl12 explained how to upload from facebook but you have to open the photo first (in google photo's) and then the copy image location/address comes up.
    Awesome.
    You are Right, just did it from Google+ and Google Photos, by right clicking on pic then clicking on"Copy image address" Example, 2 best eclipse pics, i found on Twitter, modified them and sized down then posted on Google+:

🅼🅾🅳🅴🆁🅰🆃🅾🆁🆂 🅳🅾🅽'🆃 🅲🅰🆁🅴

Can't see any pictures in the last to posts...

And, just for the record, changing text colors for no reason makes a post annoying and difficult to read.

Last pic I see is in post #30.

Not only are you correct that the practice will extend to other photo hosting sites; it will extend to anything that is considered service-based. Oh wait, that means virtually anything that is brought to us by our ISP.

Everyone's internet service provider charges something, because the days of Net Zero are long gone. If there is no class action lawsuit against stopping this type of legal-based ransom scheme so graciously imposed upon us by service providers such as Photobucket, there is no telling at which service it will stop.

I say legal-based ransom scheme cautiously because according to the fine print in many photo hosting sites and other services provided on the internet, the entity or company had their lawyers work a beautiful move of wording into their EULA. When something is free, (whatever really is?) that is one thing; however, when the lawyers were able to work the word "Service" into the binding contracts of the EULA and put it right next to the word "Free"; well as you can imagine, that opened up a whole new plethora of possibilities.

In other words, a new way to pry into the end users pocket legally by altering service contracts to adhere to the slight change in wording as to what is considered a service and what is considered free according to the EULA. "Free Service" is an oxymoron, because no service is free that I know of.

Now imagine turning on your computer one day in Windows 10 and a message pops up from Microsoft explaining that virtually everything you do or say on-line is no longer a privilege brought to you solely by your ISP, but rather by them as well; which it literally has as always been Microsofts' intention to collect on their services one way or another. They suck you in with Free...........but wait for it...wait for it.....Service. Bing, Bang and Big Boom, they now own your Intellectual Property and can hold it ransom at any given second for virtually any fee they feel the information is worth to you to be able to access.

Could you imagine having to pay in bit-coins every time you wanted to view your bank balance? View a PDF document, access any of your favorite sites or anything for that matter. I pay roughly $60 a month for my ISP; but I can see a day coming where every single click of the mouse or touch of a key on the keyboard will cost an additional fee from entities (businesses) practicing with the new wording of the EULA's that have been so wonderfully revised by greed.
    Welcome To The Futures' Past!

RC Racer
    Last pic I see is in post #30.
    that's extremely weird cause i still see pics in post 31,32,33. Guess there are issues with Google after all. I use Google Chrome as my default internet browser, wonder if this could be the reason. I color text to hilight what i'm responding to, i did get carried away with last post.
    Last edited by BigAL12; 08-24-2017 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Google Chrome default
    🅼🅾🅳🅴🆁🅰🆃🅾🆁🆂 🅳🅾🅽'🆃 🅲🅰🆁🅴

Quote Originally Posted by BigAL12 View Post
    that's extremely weird cause i still see pics in post 31,32,33. Guess there are issues with Google after all. I use Google Chrome as my default internet browser, wonder if this could be the reason. I color text to hilight what i'm responding to, i did get carried away with last post.
    Not really that strange. You may have to be logged in to a certain account (that not everybody has) to see the photos.

RC Racer

Testing 1..2...

Image Test... 1...2..... 1...tchooo.....

Last edited by boosta; 10-16-2019 at 08:49 PM. Reason: "Get it right!"