RC Enthusiast

think the motor is out

Got my son a sst and i think his motor went bad.. steering works but when i give it throttle i get nothing. he did mention that his sister touched the red button on the controller while it was off but he was able to play with it after.. then he went back out to play an hour later and it wouldn't work anymore..i tried reseting the controller and receiver to original factory settings and still nothing only steering... any advise would be appreciated.s

RC Enthusiast

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeatredline76 View Post
    thanks i will look into it when i get home will let you know what happens

RC Competitor
    could be a burned out motor. happened to me. those things get hot quickly and if he's like me, he's going full blast all the time. that did mine in. the motors are cheap and don't seem to last.

new one is ten bucks and super easy to put in. mine mad a buzzing sound when i tried to make it go if that sounds familiar.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by inbox62682 View Post
    Got my son a sst and i think his motor went bad.. steering works but when i give it throttle i get nothing. he did mention that his sister touched the red button on the controller while it was off but he was able to play with it after.. then he went back out to play an hour later and it wouldn't work anymore..i tried reseting the controller and receiver to original factory settings and still nothing only steering... any advise would be appreciated.s

You should also call Traxxas support. They will help you be 100% sure that it is the motor and may even send you a new one. i have had great experiences working with them.