RC Racer

Manualy charge with 1x c rate on ez peak plus ID charger?

Hi.

I wondering how this charger works.
    Dont want it to charge automaticly with more c rate.
    Like to charge on 1c.
    Could i do that with this charger?
    https://m.traxxas.com/products/parts...peakplus4ampid

Thanks for answer.

What mah battery? It charges 1.0 - 4.0 amps so You can adjust how much is going into the battery. You can certainly hit the Support button on the left side of the charger page and read the instructions.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    It is a 2200mh battery so i want to charge on 2a to get 1c it that is possible.
    Have read the manual, and with use of id Connector it seems like it should go to 2A automaticly if i plug in a 2200mh battery?

Is it a way to choose Amp manual with id plug or is this setup where you choose manualy only for the batteries with a balance port like it was before id plug?
    Last edited by Ray87; 07-07-2017 at 03:44 AM.

to manually change the charge rate on ID batteries is to put them on fast charge the you can change the amps. On a 2200 mah battery i would charge it at 1 amp. won't take that long.
    Choose Life !!!

RC Racer
    Ok and just choose balance charge after fast?

What would happen if i want to charge a 1400mh 3s with ID?

Quote Originally Posted by Ray87 View Post
    Ok and just choose balance charge after fast?

What would happen if i want to charge a 1400mh 3s with ID?
    https://traxxas.com/sites/default/fi...er-INST-EN.pdf
    Hope this does not confuse you.

I just wanted to add charging instructions because I told you wrong on selecting your own charge rate.

When you select fast charge and your own rate, you can not balance them. Which ever cell reaches its peak first will stop the charge, so one cell there could be less voltage than the other. Balance charge gives you the maximum power from the battery by charging all cells to same voltage. Meaning a 2c 7.4 v lipo, each cell will charge to 3.7 volts. A 3 c 11.1 volt charge's each cell to 3.7 volts. And so forth.

To charge a 1400 mah battery or any ID battery just plug it in and press start. All the ID batteries automatically charge at 1 amp. For longevity, this is what i charge all my batteries on. Not saying fast charge causes them to go bad sooner but charing at 1 amp sure can't hurt. The instructions I pasted here will tell you how to change the charge rates when you do a fast charge. In my opinion, I would never need fast charge unless I race in a competition and only had a few batteries.
    Last edited by lektro; 07-15-2017 at 12:45 PM.
    Choose Life !!!

RC Racer
    Yes, but when i charge my 2200mh 2s ID it start at 1 amp and end up to charge at 4 amp after around 15 min.
    When the 3s for 1/16 cars only is 1400mh do not want it to charge at 4 amp.
    I would like to know What the charger would do with this, since it charge a 2200mh at max amp on the charger.

OK so apparently you are not understanding the instructions. When you start charging your battery. It always starts at 1 amp. Once it starts it stays at 1 amp throughout the whole charge cycle. When the light moves up, it is telling you it is charging. when the light gets to the top. It is telling you it is close to being done, It does not mean the amps are getting higher. AGAIN> It stays at 1 amp throughout the whole charge cycle.
    Choose Life !!!

RC Racer
    It is confusing since when i plug it to the charger it lights one red led at 4A.
    That tell me it will charge at 4A.
    When i start to charge it go to 1 A then it go up to 4 before its finish.
    So like you told me i understand that the led goes up as it charge. Not more amp more like one led is 20% and the nr 5 that is solid green is 100%.
    I get it now

I dont think it start at 1A since it never charge more than 30 min after a 35 min runtime.
    It seems like this ID charger charge all batteries at 4A?

Is it anyone in here that could tell me if the charger choose 4A on a 3s 1400mh like it does on my 2200mh 2s?

This is Ok for a 2200mh, it would be right under 2c, but not Ok on a 1400mh if it always choose 4A.

I want to know what amp it choose if you connect a 1400mh lipo battery.
    Know that is ID and it should charge batteries safe, but just want to know since it force you to charge at 4A on a 2200mh battery.
    Last edited by Ray87; 07-16-2017 at 12:58 PM.

It is confusing since when i plug it to the charger it lights one red led at 4A.
    That tell me it will charge at 4A.
    When i start to charge it go to 1 A then it go up to 4 before its finish.
    So like you told me i understand that the led goes up as it charge. Not more amp more like one led is 20% and the nr 5 that is solid green is 100%.
    I get it now

I dont think it start at 1A since it never charge more than 30 min after a 35 min runtime.
    It seems like this ID charger charge all batteries at 4A?

Is it anyone in here that could tell me if the charger choose 4A on a 3s 1400mh like it does on my 2200mh 2s?

This is Ok for a 2200mh, it would be right under 2c, but not Ok on a 1400mh if it always choose 4A.

I want to know what amp it choose if you connect a 1400mh lipo battery.
    Know that is ID and it should charge batteries safe, but just want to know since it force you to charge at 4A on a 2200mh battery.
    Good golly man! It charges at 1 amp at all times unless you change it. Plug it in, start and leave it alone. I honestly can't say it any plainer than that.
    Choose Life !!!

RC Racer
    I agree to plug it and leave it :-)
    But i dont agree that it charge at 1A.
    The charger shows that it will charge lipo, balancing and at 4A!
    I have charged many lipo battery over the last years that i know its more like 2c because it take under 30 min to fill it after a run.
    If it had charged at 1A it had showed 1A not 4A, and it had take 1 hour to fully charge it.

Thats why i wonder how many amp the charger choose on a 1400mh lipo when it take 4A at my 2200mh.
    Last edited by Ray87; 07-16-2017 at 04:07 PM.

1 1 1 amp always. While it is charging 1 means it has started 2 means it is 25% charged 3 means it is 50% charged 4 means it is 75% charged. When it gets to green and beeps. It is fully charged. Are you trying to aggravate me. Cause you are not doing a very good job.
    Someone take over please! Help this poor guy out.....Please Or Maybe you have a bad charger.....lol
    Last edited by lektro; 07-16-2017 at 05:32 PM.
    Choose Life !!!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by lektro View Post
    1 1 1 amp always. While it is charging 1 means it has started 2 means it is 25% charged 3 means it is 50% charged 4 means it is 75% charged. When it gets to green and beeps. It is fully charged. Are you trying to aggravate me. Cause you are not doing a very good job.
    Someone take over please! Help this poor guy out.....Please Or Maybe you have a bad charger.....lol
    Lol Im not try to aggravate you in any way. Appriciate your answers.
    But what i wanted to say is that my charger charge it at 4A. Not 1A Like you say.
    Traxxas say when you plug in a battery the led will light up to show What settings it would charge at, and mine show 4A when i plug it in.
    LHS also confirmed this when i asked about it.
    Because it show one red led at the 4A mark when i plug it in. And it only use 30 min to charge it after 35 min runtime.
    Have also reed about other people that think it strange to be forced to charge a smaller battery on 4A.
    Personaly i like to use 1 hour to charge them at 1c. But in this case with ID plug its not possible to balance charge under 4A
    This is why i was curious about how it choose the settings for a 1400mh.
    Last edited by Ray87; 07-17-2017 at 09:23 AM.

Lol Im not try to aggravate you in any way. Appriciate your answers.
    But what i wanted to say is that my charger charge it at 4A. Not 1A Like you say.
    Traxxas say when you plug in a battery the led will light up to show What settings it would charge at, and mine show 4A when i plug it in.
    LHS also confirmed this when i asked about it.
    Because it show one red led at the 4A mark when i plug it in. And it only use 30 min to charge it after 35 min runtime.
    Have also reed about other people that think it strange to be forced to charge a smaller battery on 4A.
    Personaly i like to use 1 hour to charge them at 1c. But in this case with ID plug its not possible to balance charge under 4A
    This is why i was curious about how it choose the settings for a 1400mh.

I get you now sir. I do apologize. When you plug in the 1400 to charge it automatically goes to 4 amps after you press start? Am I correct to assume that? So please tell. Did you find the answer you needed. Is it a bad charger or what? I must have been misunderstanding you.....lol
    Last edited by lektro; 07-17-2017 at 04:11 PM.
    Choose Life !!!

RC Racer
    Good :-)
    No it is with the 2200mh. I was wondering how many amp it would charge the 3s 1400mh.
    It show how many amp it going to use when you plug it in, after it start it only show how mutch it is left until its full like you learned me

Good :-)
    No it is with the 2200mh. I was wondering how many amp it would charge the 3s 1400mh.
    It show how many amp it going to use when you plug it in, after it start it only show how mutch it is left until its full like you learned me
    Glad to hear things are coming around. Can I tell you some more and confuse you a bit!
    Last edited by lektro; 07-18-2017 at 05:59 PM.
    Choose Life !!!