Thread: Motor swap

RC Enthusiast

Motor swap

I had the brushless Velineon motor setup in my slash that I took out to upgrade. So, I'm thinking of throwing it into my sons 4x4 brushed Stampede. Is there any difference if I were to buy it stock with a brushless? Is the motor/esc the only change?

RC Racer
    The diff ratio's of the brushed stampede are different. You'll need to put say a 15 tooth pinion on it to get similar speeds of a brushless stampede

The brushless system in the brushed truck using the 9t pinion is great for kids in my opinion. Lots of torque for wheelies and a lower top speed to keep things in check. When they are ready for more speed you can up the pinion and/or install the brushless diff gears

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by czlynx View Post
    The brushless system in the brushed truck using the 9t pinion is great for kids in my opinion. Lots of torque for wheelies and a lower top speed to keep things in check. When they are ready for more speed you can up the pinion and/or install the brushless diff gears
    Does the 9t pinion make it faster than the stock brushed? I'd like it to be maybe 5 mph faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Ashyn View Post
    Does the 9t pinion make it faster than the stock brushed? I'd like it to be maybe 5 mph faster.
    Yeah, it's faster, could always go up in pinion size if you like more speed.