RC Racer

4x4 Slash - Driveshaft/Drive axle assembly - Any upgrade recommendations??

I recently broke a driveshaft assembly on the rear. Is the MIP driveshafts the way to go?

I was thinking about maybe an upgrade to RPM, but as far as I know, RPM doesn't make driveshafts. I don't really want to spend 50.00 on just replacing the rear driveshafts with the MIP if I don't have to, but I would like to have something stronger than stock.

Thanks for your advice/recommendations!

RC Racer
    On my slash 4x4 with a 2650 kv motor, I have mips all around and I honestly think I will never break them. I say it's worth it for $50. I think proline makes some half shafts but I'm not sure of the price

Sent from my XT1635-01 using Tapatalk

I run MIP X-duty as well. If ya dig around ebay you can find them for around $90(set of 4)delivered. I got sick of replacing broken plastic at $10ea. I think any of the axle upgrades worth doing(MIP,Teckno,Traxxas)are gonna cost about the same. Good luck!
    Slash 4x4 Ult 2150kv
    Rustler vxl
    Ford GT vxl

Quote Originally Posted by Dcuda69 View Post
    I run MIP X-duty as well. If ya dig around ebay you can find them for around $90(set of 4)delivered. I got sick of replacing broken plastic at $10ea. I think any of the axle upgrades worth doing(MIP,Teckno,Traxxas)are gonna cost about the same. Good luck!
    Thats about it in a nut shell.
    Built Ford Tuff With Chevy Stuff.

As long as you assemble your MIP X-DUTY axles correctly, they will last a long time!
    Member of the 10,000 + posts club! Here to help!