RC Racer

Just spoke to a Traxxas rep...

A Traxxas tech support rep at 2:40 pm today, July 7, 2017, told me they are aware of the Android issue and they are "scrambling to fix it". He told me it should be resolved in 48 hours. Not sure I was hearing that good news correctly, I asked "... so there will be a fix in the next week or two?". He replied, "Oh no, it will be MUCH sooner than that."

I hope he is right. Hallelujah!!!

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    So it hasn't been fixed for a month, but because you called, it will be fixed within 2 days? Heck, my thread about it, went un answered for longer than that....

RC Racer
    I'm absolutely positive they didn't fix it because I called. I'm sure it has been in the works awhile. I'll bet they fixed it because of your thread and dozens of others like it plus hundreds of phone calls. It takes awhile to troubleshoot and coordinate fixes like that. Then they have to test on a variety of platforms and then submit to places like Google Play and Amazon Store for downloads.

It would be helpful for their "customer relations" if they had a means of notifying customers that they are aware of the problem, describe the problem, and give us an estimate of when it would be fixed. A prominent spot on the Traxxas homepage titled something like "Status of fixes in progress" would be nice. That wouldn't highlight Traxxas problems. It would highlight Traxxas dedication to good customer service. It would take a knowledgeable Traxxas employee about 10 minutes a day to keep that updated. Am I dreaming about the impossible? No, not really.
    Last edited by gfmucci; 07-08-2017 at 11:06 AM.

RC Enthusiast
    Is it something wrong with the app. My phone (android 6.0 v) updated traxxas link app yesterday but im not sure if i should launch it in my models (im use same control in 2 cars with perfect optimize and dont want mess it up
    Traxxas bandit vxl/tsm.
    La trax alias quad.

RC Racer
    If I were you and didn't want to mess up my perfectly dialed in settings, I would call Traxxas tech support Monday or Tuesday and ask them 2 questions: 1) Is their Android app fixed yet?, and 2) When I use the Android Traxxas Link app, what is the best way to assure the app won't change my current settings?" If the answer to question 1) is "no", then don't mess with the app until they say it's fixed. You might ask a 3rd question while you're on the phone with them: "What is the best way for customers to know when your Android fix is available?"

Please post the results of your phone call here. I and others would like to track progress on this fix.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by gfmucci View Post
    If I were you and didn't want to mess up my perfectly dialed in settings, I would call Traxxas tech support Monday or Tuesday and ask them 2 questions: 1) Is their Android app fixed yet?, and 2) When I use the Android Traxxas Link app, what is the best way to assure the app won't change my current settings?" If the answer to question 1) is "no", then don't mess with the app until they say it's fixed. You might ask a 3rd question while you're on the phone with them: "What is the best way for customers to know when your Android fix is available?"

Please post the results of your phone call here. I and others would like to track progress on this fix.
    I spoke with the manager (Arthur) at Traxxas on Thursday. I was told that they have a fix, unfortunately the Bluetooth module (both the remote module and charger, where applicable) need to be mailed to traxxas to update. I asked if they could push an update through the iphone app (I use android but have access to iphones if necessary) and they said no. Really bogus and very shoddy to have no way to push a firmware update via PC or other device...

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by kjinxx2 View Post
    I spoke with the manager (Arthur) at Traxxas on Thursday. I was told that they have a fix, unfortunately the Bluetooth module (both the remote module and charger, where applicable) need to be mailed to traxxas to update. I asked if they could push an update through the iphone app (I use android but have access to iphones if necessary) and they said no. Really bogus and very shoddy to have no way to push a firmware update via PC or other device...
    interesting first post but anyways, so I build real cars for a technology company, that has some major computer stuff and lithium batteries and brushless motors hahahahahahaha

I tried to get my stuff registered, but I have built my slash from parts, so there is nothing that has a serial number on it... I can't register apparently, and their tech support will only let me email or call them.... I am unable to call during regular business hours due to my work schedule..... joy......

while I don't think I should have to, I want to jsut spend the extra stupid $5 and ship in my module so they can fix their failure

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by kjinxx2 View Post
    I was told that they have a fix, unfortunately the Bluetooth module (both the remote module and charger, where applicable) need to be mailed to traxxas to update.
    This is interesting since I also reported the issue and pointed to this forum. Steve at support RMA'd just the BT module.

He did tell me that the module would still work with IOS. Android is the issue.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    android isn't the issue... the bt module is.....

mine is fixed... had to send it to traxxas to get re-flashed....