Thread: Still the One

RC Enthusiast

Still the One

I apologize admins if this isn't allowed but I can't help it! It's been a while since I used my Summit. I jumped on the X maxx hype and bought one and since then it has been a love/hate relationship with all the replacement parts-I have a 6s. I finally got fed up with repairing more than driving. I previously bought upgrades for my my Summit but never installed them. So I put my rig back together and also converted to brushless. WOW!!!!😲 I totally forgot how much fun the Summit was! I could bash real hard and then slow it down for some trailing/crawling. Then I came to the conclusion that I had an X maxx & a TRX-4 all along. Granted it may not be as big or look scale but it always delivers! So if I'm the only one left on this forum or uses the Summit, I'm actually good with that! I LOVE YOU SUMMIT!!!!😂😂😂
    "Same Dirt...Different Shirt."

I like the summit because it can crawl and bash and its not to big (xmaxx) but its a perfect size.
    SLAM!
    "That Tree jumped right in front of me"

RC Qualifier
    Nope your not all alone. +1for another still here on this section of the forums. I love my summit and depending on work if I go in I'm planning a trip out with the summit this weekend. Overall it's a really good piece. Doesn't mean I don't want a trx-4 though.

RC Enthusiast
    Exactly. Although the X maxx is fun, the Summit does seem to be more portable. Kind of like a home stereo vs a Bluetooth speaker. ��

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bike mechanic View Post
    Nope your not all alone. +1for another still here on this section of the forums. I love my summit and depending on work if I go in I'm planning a trip out with the summit this weekend. Overall it's a really good piece. Doesn't mean I don't want a trx-4 though.
    Ahh right on! Hope you get the time....and yes, I'll most likely get the TRX-4 too. Addiction is sooo bad��

It does seem as though we summit owners are getting kinda sparse. I think most have run to the baby summit, err I mean, trx-4 band wagon. I plan to get one soon but my summit is 12 years old and has too many upgrades and customizations to let her go.

Summit for life.
    MAN, Use Common Sense.
    Outside? THERE IS NO BOX !

RC Enthusiast

Still the One

Bought a Summit when it first came out and had a lot of fun with it. Even took it with me to work so I could find crawl spots during my lunch break. Liked I could still go fast when I wanted to, like my E-Revo. Was forced to sell it awhile back. At an RC swap meet last month, I was stoked to make a trade, my Wraith for a Summit. Installed a 4s sensored brushless system (first one was bone stock and brushed) and just had to order a couple of small things (diff controller and light harness) to get it fully operational. Got everything to work with my race radio. Ordered a couple of Savox 1267 HV metal gear servos to turn the Big Joe tires. Even gonna install some new axle seals. Can't wait to take it out after.

The Summit is like a favourite pet.
    Take it anywhere, do anything and always faithfully wait for you to get over the new golden child.
    It knows you will always come back to the Summit fold.
    Love my Summit.
    Favourite RC I own.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

RC Qualifier
    The summit forums definitely do not see a lot of traffic like the others. Despite what others say or think about the summit I love mine. Have only had it for about 7 months now. It's a good overall rc that can do lots of everything good, not the best at everything for sure but it's sure fun.

RC Enthusiast
    Right on fellas! For a moment I thought I was the only one but like I said, it wouldn't make a difference. Glad to see others still having fun/working on their Summits. I just posted mainly because I was tired of getting updates from the forum with no activity!��

Back from my daily bushwalk. Cruise in low gear for an hour or so in the rain, climb some stuff and head on home before I get to wet.
    Love my Summit

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    I have had mine for years , and it's still my favorite go to truck. There is to much to be done with it.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam Owen View Post
    I apologize admins if this isn't allowed but I can't help it! It's been a while since I used my Summit. I jumped on the X maxx hype and bought one and since then it has been a love/hate relationship with all the replacement parts-I have a 6s. I finally got fed up with repairing more than driving. I previously bought upgrades for my my Summit but never installed them. So I put my rig back together and also converted to brushless. WOW!!!!😲 I totally forgot how much fun the Summit was! I could bash real hard and then slow it down for some trailing/crawling. Then I came to the conclusion that I had an X maxx & a TRX-4 all along. Granted it may not be as big or look scale but it always delivers! So if I'm the only one left on this forum or uses the Summit, I'm actually good with that! I LOVE YOU SUMMIT!!!!😂😂😂
    I JUST bought a used one today and I am excited to take her out. It is in excellent condition and I paid $200 for it. I got it home and power washed it. I did have to order a 2S battery for it, because one of the two I got in the transaction was bad. So now I am up to $239.99, but still not too bad considering it's condition. Well, I did also order the Proline Racing Apocalypse body...lol. Let the spending begin!

Quote Originally Posted by noir 522 View Post
    It does seem as though we summit owners are getting kinda sparse. I think most have run to the baby summit, err I mean, trx-4 band wagon. I plan to get one soon but my summit is 12 years old and has too many upgrades and customizations to let her go.

Summit for life.
    I thought the summit came out in 2008 or 2007
    SLAM!

RC Racer
    Man, I believe Summit is the best. I just recently traded my 6s Xmaxx for a new Summit. I now have 3 of them. I promised myself if I got another Summit that I would strip it for parts and build a project Summit that would be a beast. I just can't make up my mind which way to go, so many options with this vehicle. I have many RC vehicles but the Summit is hands down my favorite and when I travel, go out in the boat or out to our local riding area I all ways take one with me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rcguy5 View Post
    I thought the summit came out in 2008 or 2007

My summit is so old it has alzheimer's, it's probably forgotten more trails than your summit has been on.

My summit is so old that while recharging the batteries my friends and I would play Luke vs Vader with those long silver antennas on the original AM controller.

My summit is so old that we thought Integy accessories were actually an upgrade

My summit is so old that while driving if you looked behind you you would automatically poke 2 people in the eyes.

My summit is so old that I still had to keep a pocket full of "crystals" whenever I drove with my friends

My summit is so old that it thought Traxxas Link was one of those "social networking app"

My summit is so old that at its 22mph top speed we could actually outrun every Tyco, Nikko and Maisto rc car on the market.

My summit is so old, . . . . do you remember that Moses guy? Well after he crossed the Red Sea there were two tracks left behind, leather sandles and AT Canyons.
    MAN, Use Common Sense.

Quote Originally Posted by noir 522 View Post
    My summit is so old it has alzheimer's, it's probably forgotten more trails than your summit has been on.

My summit is so old that while recharging the batteries my friends and I would play Luke vs Vader with those long silver antennas on the original AM controller.

My summit is so old that we thought Integy accessories were actually an upgrade

My summit is so old that while driving if you looked behind you you would automatically poke 2 people in the eyes.

My summit is so old that I still had to keep a pocket full of "crystals" whenever I drove with my friends

My summit is so old that it thought Traxxas Link was one of those "social networking app"

My summit is so old that at its 22mph top speed we could actually outrun every Tyco, Nikko and Maisto rc car on the market.

My summit is so old, . . . . do you remember that Moses guy? Well after he crossed the Red Sea there were two tracks left behind, leather sandles and AT Canyons.
    well your summit is as old a me, but the traxxas summit's first post came out in 2008https://forums.traxxas.com/forumdisplay.php?69-Summit/page297
    SLAM!

well your summit is as old a me, but the traxxas summit's first post came out in 2008https://forums.traxxas.com/forumdisplay.php?69-Summit/page297

Young guys nowadays have no sense of drama
    MAN, Use Common Sense.

Do you run lipos in your summit or add a lipo cutoff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SLAM!

Oops I meant so say do you run nimh packs in your summit or or did you add a lipo cutoff?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SLAM!

Oops I meant so say do you run nimh packs in your summit or or did you add a lipo cutoff?

Lipos? NiMh?

Man, my summit is so old it required four "D" batteries per side.

My old man never could understand why his flashlight never worked.
    MAN, Use Common Sense.

LOL. no your summit was powered by horses.
    SLAM!

LOL. no your summit was powered by horses.
    Oh man I missed that one.

My summit is so old that 2nd gear meant having to be drawn by four horse instead of two.

My summit is so old that locking the diffs meant giving your summit a push up the hill with the toe of your shoe.

Last edited by noir 522; 07-28-2017 at 04:04 PM.
    MAN, Use Common Sense.

RC Qualifier
    Old = experience. But if you ask my kids old = old school, dinosaur days