Thread: Out Shafts

RC Enthusiast

Out Shafts

I was looking to upgrade to steel out shafts, but was once told that CVD's are less efficient than dogbones. Is this true? If so, what dogbone could possibly be as strong as MIP x duty's cvd? Any help appreciated, Thanks

RC Qualifier
    Unless you're into serious racing/shaving as much weight as possible just get the X Duty. I'm not sure how they could be less efficient other than rotating mass but the difference in takeoff and top speed can't be that much difference to worry about.
    Scott
    Slash 2wd
    Slash Ultimate 4wd
    Stampede 4wd

I didn't notice a whole lot of difference when I upgraded from the stock sliders to the MIP X-duty's.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Enthusiast
    The explanation for why they would be better is to reduce friction in the rotating cups. I didn't quite understand and was wondering if it was a good observation or not.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    I'm running Tekno M6's, and the Tekno big bone center drive shaft. I really like the setup

RC Racer
    Tekno M6s w/ aluminum hexes here too. Never had an issue with them at all.

RC Enthusiast
    Is aluminum going to be able to hold up to heavy bashing? I thought it would bend and become unusable

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Aluminum hexes here too. And yes they hold up well

RC Enthusiast
    With the hexes, should I get the 17's or can I stay with the stock size? I know they are tougher(a lot) but I don't really want to have to buy a new set of wheels and possibly tires if the smaller size in aluminum would work.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Out Shafts

Keep your wheels tightened and you won't have a problem under normal power. I've stripped one wheel, only because the wheel wasn't tight
    Last edited by Gripdog7205; 07-11-2017 at 05:12 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    On that note, when I do decide I want a new set of wheels, should I get trenchers or badlands, or does someone have a better idea? I know there are many threads about this, but none seem to discuss trenchers vs. badlands. They all discuss something else.

Quote Originally Posted by stamped01 View Post
    On that note, when I do decide I want a new set of wheels, should I get trenchers or badlands, or does someone have a better idea? I know there are many threads about this, but none seem to discuss trenchers vs. badlands. They all discuss something else.
    Badlands get crazy grip on grass, trenchers almost as well. Trenchers seem a bit better on pavement than Badlands. Extra grip is going to mean extra stress on the hexes, so keep them tight. I stripped out my first set of 12mm premounted trenchers pretty fast because I didn't pay enough attention to this. Wind up going to 17mm since I had to buy new wheels anyway... They are very nice.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Badlands MX28 are sick. Had them on my Rustler. They were too big. I run trenchers on my pede. They came with my roller. When I replace it will be with the badlands.

RC Enthusiast
    Which ones are better overall? This includes mud, sand, dirt, grass, road, creeks and rivers, and almost everything else.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    If I bought tires today it'd be Badlands MX28's

RC Enthusiast
    Are the Badlands only available on F-11 rims pre-mounted? I don't mind gluing, I just don't know what they are possibly compatible with

RC Enthusiast
    Which ones are better overall? This includes mud, sand, dirt, grass, road, creeks and rivers, and almost everything else.
    What your asking doesnt really exist to be honest, i run trenches when im bashing in dirt and terrain like that, but you will run down trenches pretty fast running them on roads

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Are the Badlands only available on F-11 rims pre-mounted? I don't mind gluing, I just don't know what they are possibly compatible with
    I think that's correct. Desperado wheels would also work.

RC Racer
    Bandlands MX28 is what I run...they are fantastic on everything but pavement. They are fine on pavement of course, but there are a few others I'd rather have for a majority of pavement running.

RC Racer
    Here's some running I did this weekend w/ the MX28s.

https://youtu.be/WXVFMt3DGEM

RC Enthusiast
    Wow! Looks like you were getting some impressive traction in that loose dirt

RC Racer
    Yeah. The tires are great in that terrain.