RC poster

Question Craniac upgrades????

As the title states I am interested in upgrades for the Craniac. I am not looking to go brushless yet! I am new to RC cars and am still learning how to handle the truck. I am looking for parts part numbers, and any kits for upgrades to the steering and suspension and any other recommendations. I have already added the wheelie bar and the RPM front bumper. I have done a lot of searches but most of the information is several years old, so I am looking for current parts that are available. Thanks for any input!!!
    Last edited by Iceberg; 07-10-2017 at 01:05 PM.

RC poster
    I am trying to make it more durable for my 4 year old son.

RC Racer
    You are pretty much the same as me. My 6yr old son and I both have a Bigfoot (one was a Skully) and we've upgraded the following through breakages and proofing.

Pro-Line Thumbnut kits
    Traxxas Ally Castor Block sets
    Traxxas Ally Shock Cap sets
    Traxxas Ally Steering Block sets
    45wt Shock Oil
    MR115 2RS 5x11x4 bearings
    Traxxas Hardened shock shaft Front
    Traxxas Hardened shock shaft Rear

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    You can substitute the aluminum steering blocks in the list above with rpm steering blocks to save a few bucks. I've got a 5 year old set swinging in the alum c blocks on my slash monster buggy

Pick up some motor cleaning spray and motor bushing oil if ya have the xl5 version. If he just runs in the street, clean the motor every 10 to 15 runs, then put a drop of oil on each motor bushing. If he runs in dirty, dusty off road conditions, clean it every 4 to 5 runs. Duratrax makes the spray, and I just use 3 in 1 oil for the motor bushings

Vxl steering and camber links will also make an xl5 much more durable. You can get the part numbers from the exploded views of the vxl from this site. You can usually get them cheaper from the chop shops on 3bay, than from local hobby shops or online shops.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Racer
    Can you post a link to the 3-in-1 oil you use as I can see all sorts at my local shops.

Also for the motor cleaner - is any degreaser aerosol ok to use?

Quote Originally Posted by onionsa View Post
    Can you post a link to the 3-in-1 oil you use as I can see all sorts at my local shops.

Also for the motor cleaner - is any degreaser aerosol ok to use?
    3 in 1 oil is usually found in hardware stores. I would try googling it to see what pops up in your area.
    https://www.google.com/search?q=3+in...utf-8&oe=utf-8
    As for the motor I would get something hobby related at a LHS just to stay on the safe side. You could probably use CRC's electronic cleaner(part number 05103) as it is listed as plastic safe if you can't find anything else but I can't say say for sure it is 100% safe. Maybe someone else will chime in on that.
    Last edited by SilentRunner007; 07-11-2017 at 05:59 AM. Reason: Fixed link
    3RusterXL5
    4Nitro4Tec
    "Snap On"Alias
    Craniac

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    That cleaner looks to be fine. I misspoke when I said I use duratrax.... it was dynamite magnum force 2... part # dyn5500
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Racer
    Cool, thanks for the advice. I'll give our motors a clean and oil soon.