RC Competitor

Posting and viewing pictures

Is there any way to post and view pictures without using Photo Bucket?
    You can't fix stupid.

RC Qualifier
    The pictures need to be hosted somewhere. You could just link from Google Photos etc. There is no way to load direct to this site.

If you have a smart phone, you can down load the Tapatalk app and post pictures from there, you just have to make an account for Tapatalk, easy-peasy!
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Competitor
    Thanks, I'll try that.
    You can't fix stupid.

imgur.com is free and you can hotlink photo's from there. Just upload them and don't share to the community to keep from getting spammed by people commenting. Or share and don't care who comments.

Imgur linked image of my cat watching TV:

I use an alternate free site hosting place that requires you to login once a month to keep the free account open. Been using that for the past 2-3 years, but probably a bit more involved than most want to deal with.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    imgur.com is free and you can hotlink photo's from there. Just upload them and don't share to the community to keep from getting spammed by people commenting. Or share and don't care who comments.
    I would, but, every single post I have on here with pics, they pretty much were hosted by photobucket.com I would not even want to imagine how the image URL's would need to be changed and can't because they are WAY older than 45 minutes (times allowed to be edited).
    All Lives Matter
    United We Stand, Divided We Fall

Yeah, the best you can do in that case is re-upload the images in a post in the thread in hopes that people scroll to them. I had to do that with a lot of mine when comcast dumped their site service on me.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Racer

Cool You can use TWITTER

Quote Originally Posted by docowens View Post
    Is there any way to post and view pictures without using Photo Bucket?
    Yes you can Use Twitter! Read my Post # 24: https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...=1#post6401020
    I did not have any luck from Google+ or Google Photos as there was no".jpg" just web link.
    Last edited by BigAL12; 07-28-2017 at 04:55 PM. Reason: Title
    🅼🅾🅳🅴🆁🅰🆃🅾🆁🆂 🅳🅾🅽'🆃 🅲🅰🆁🅴

RC Racer
    Apparently now you can use Google+ and Google Photos by right clicking on pic then selecting "Copy image address" with a left click! I swear this must be recent because last month i had no luck.
    Here's my bathroom from a post on Google+, i cook fish in microwave in bathroom otherwise whole apartment stinks!

See these 2 pics for process - click on "insert image" icon. only put 1 image on 1 line, start another line for 2nd image!

Last edited by BigAL12; 08-23-2017 at 09:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by o0wiz0o View Post
    The pictures need to be hosted somewhere. You could just link from Google Photos etc. There is no way to load direct to this site.
    What about using tapatalk app? So my pics are hosted on tapatalk, from what I understand its just a user friendly interface to the website. If they are hosted in tapatalk app then how do i access them?

I need just one more rc, then Im done,
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

RC poster
    I can't make google photos work.
    Last edited by nickcbass; 09-26-2017 at 08:13 PM.

RC poster
    Facebook works mint!! Right click pic, copy image address and paste in the add image line here!

Storing pictures in Google Photos works for quite a while already. 99% of the pictures that I posted here are hosted from there. You just need to share the album where the pictures are in with everyone.
    Nobody is born with experience