Thread: hellp

RC poster

hellp

I have a tmaxx 2.5 it has four quarts thru a new motor it was running great then at full throttle it would bog and die went to factory settings and still the same went five out hsn it stopped bogging but temps were 325 so I called Traxxas and they said possible airleak so I did the blow in water thingy by putting the Motor in water and holding finger over carb opening we're air filter goes and blow into fuel line I found the lsn valve is leaking not the screw the valve how do u seal that it's a brand new carb new fuel lines new tank that's the only place I find a leak I have been messing with this for over three weeks and getting no where

RC poster
    Did you properly break in the engine when you got it?

That is a valid question that needs to be answered.

Also, you cannot get 100% seal between two moving parts. Depending on how hard you blow into the line you will get bubbles coming out between the LSN and the barrel as well as the front bearing. I doubt that the engine is the culprit - it hardly is. Common culprit is the tank o-ring followed up by the carb below the HSN is cracked (due to someone overtightening it).

Make sure the tank properly seals and replace the glow plug. Return to factory settings and retune.
    The Super Derecho

RC poster
    I would say the tank seal I'm having the same troubles with mine at the moment running hot and this is the only thing I am yet to replace

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Double G View Post
    That is a valid question that needs to be answered.

Also, you cannot get 100% seal between two moving parts. Depending on how hard you blow into the line you will get bubbles coming out between the LSN and the barrel as well as the front bearing. I doubt that the engine is the culprit - it hardly is. Common culprit is the tank o-ring followed up by the carb below the HSN is cracked (due to someone overtightening it).

Make sure the tank properly seals and replace the glow plug. Return to factory settings and retune.
    I did all that the tank don't leak I did the same test the hsn was leaking sealed that so the lsn valve is supposed to blow bubbles

RC poster
    So lsn valve is supposed to blow bubbles true or false because if that true then something is wrong I bought this used so don't know how it was broke in for all I no it has ten gallon thru it.but it's very clean inside when I sealed the backplate it was shiny inside

RC poster
    So lsn valve is supposed to blow bubbles true or false because if that true then something is wrong I bought this used so don't know how it was broke in for all I no it has ten gallon thru it.but it's very clean inside when I sealed the backplate it was shiny inside

RC poster
    Ok tried again today and it goes full throttle only with the glow ignighter on if removed it dies and that's at five hsn

RC poster
    Well I think Traxxas carbs are junk plan and simple don't answer who cares

That's not the way to win friends here or anywhere else. Of the nine people who have viewed this thread, one is the author and three offered assistance - not everyone can or is willing to help. I don't spend every waking hour here; I have a family, two jobs and a home to care for. We can only do so much to troubleshoot over the internet. This hobby requires you to troubleshoot as well in addition you'll need to search out results.

I will offer this: anytime the engine stalls when the ignitor is removed the glow plug is done.
    The Super Derecho

RC Competitor
    1. replace glow plug.

A few questions:

How is the compression of the motor? - if compression is low may need new piston and sleeve.
    How does the engine run at low speed? - If good, then I doubt your lsn is the issue.
    What does the smoke look like?
    What does the engine sound like when it stops? does it squeal high pitch and rev up, or does it sound cogging and slow down then die?
    Does the truck run to full throttle on the bench but not on the road?

RC poster
    I tried four glow plugs same issue it runs great at low speed will idel all day when u go full throttle it's blowing tons of smoke and fuel way rich but if I lean it out it bogs at full I'm at five on hsn full throttle it won't big but has no power so I can't lean it or it bogs u think the tires can be the issue they are huge 17 hex proline Mashers or carb junk but I just got a carb from Traxxas and the hsn had no threads in it they won't take it back and not buying another carb

RC Competitor
    Tires could play a part in it with a 2.5 maybe? Easiest way to tell is to put the stockers back on it and see if it helps, I know my Revo with a 3.3 didn't like the bigger tires that I had gotten it with and is much happier with some Traxxas tires with the Chevron pattern.

RC poster
    Five is allot on hsn. U sure your not running to rich?
    I have seen 3.3s do this before. Probably low on compression
    Last edited by rixter; 07-19-2017 at 10:50 PM.

RC Competitor
    Haven't posted in awhile. Lots on the plate this summer. But reading this I felt compelled.
    Post #1 four quarts thru a new motor !!!!!
    Post #6 and #7 bought used and for all I know its had 10 gallon thru it ???????
    Hugeeeee difference on how that will run between 1 gallon and 10. Most if any WONT last that long.
    I'd say if it was second hand and your not sure how much fuel has been thru it. Nor how it was treated. Chances are by what conditions your describing its prob shot !!!!!.

Disagree with the junk statement as well. More than my share of small issues on the ones I own. And have a couple with the 3.4 carb.
    Never a major issue with traxxas carbs since my first tmaxx in 03 (which I still own). Though I do agree with a lot of other nitro burners that the carbs are on the small side for the 3.3.
    Last edited by Geeps1; 08-10-2017 at 11:14 PM. Reason: Added

RC Competitor
    Keep a level head and take a deep breath. Rc's especially nitro burners can be very frustrating.