RC poster

TSM seems very sluggish / adds big delay or lag to steering input

Hey guys, so im the owner of a brand new RTR xo1 w/ TSM. rec'd it about 3 days ago.

I like it a lot, but I have a question about TSM...something does not seem right.

When the TSM is on (any amount) it seems to add about a seconds delay/lag to the steering input.

It pretty much makes the car undriveable, unless you want to be steering a second or two in advance

Whats up with that? is that normal?
    I thought TSM is supposed to make it easier to drive...not add so much delay to the steering input that you turn and it does nothing, then a second later it turns...

its fine with it completely turned off, steering response is normal - but on any setting, even the lowest it adds so much delay to the steering input that its useless. You would smash into a wall / kerb before it started to turn. You would need turn half a football field in advance if going at a high speed...

If its just a gimmick and that's how it is then fine, I can live with that.... But before I give up on it I want to know if what im experiencing is normal? I want it to work...

BTW this is my second traxxas car, I also have a brushless e-revo (non TSM) which I love

thanks
    Last edited by nzxo1; 07-16-2017 at 07:37 PM.

That's why I don't use it unless I just want to run fast in straight lines.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC Enthusiast
    Does the tsm behave normally if you hold the car level and in the air slowly rotating it back and forth like simulating a drift? It should steer into the skid. If you rotate the car 90 degrees and hold it the wheels should be fully turned to compensate and then after a few seconds straighten up on their own. Does the car drive strait without you having to manually steer it straight? It should be noted that the steering trim must not be adjusted unless the tsm is turned off (turning multifunction knob to zero).

I ran the tsm system on my erevo for quite awhile and found no lag or intrusive behavior from it. I put the system over on my teton and same thing. When it works right you just pull the trigger and drive, with a enhanced stability.
    Last edited by lifeatredline76; 07-17-2017 at 03:21 PM.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by ReglarGuy View Post
    That's why I don't use it unless I just want to run fast in straight lines.

Thanks for that. That answers my question. Guess its just not for casual driving and more for straight line speed runs.
    cheers

I ran the tsm system on my erevo for quite awhile and found no lag or intrusive behavior from it. I put the system over on my teton and same thing. When it works right you just pull the trigger and drive, with a enhanced stability.
    In my opinion, I don't think having TSM on while using dirt vehicles on a open dirt track would be as noticeable as a street car on asphalt. Again just my opinion, I think TSM works best with my trucks (Emaxx/Xmaxx) on open dirt tracks, and with speed runs with my street car (XO-1) on asphalt. I don't use it at all on my boats (Spartan, BlackJack30, UL-19).

P.S. I would of gone with a DCB M41 instead of my BlackJack30 and UL-19, but I wanted boats with MAN colors instead of that sissy pink crap.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 07-18-2017 at 06:22 PM.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC poster
    just thought id update here that I have got past the issue with the TSM and now it works fine. (I think)

I had assumed that the knob would go from OFF. to minimal setting, then as you turn it up the TSM is turned up from there.
    However anything above the middle "0" / middle mark works OK, and anything under the "0" mark limits my steering throw/ amount.

Maybe my knob is setup backwards or something, but basically anything above "0"/middle = fine to drive with.
    Anything under the "0" / middle mark reduces the amount I can steer and is annoying.

I now do like the TSM though.
    cheers