RC poster

no more cruise control

Have no idea where it went wrong, but I lost the cruise control function somewhere...
    I have the BT dongle linked with the iPhone, and after looking around in the app, the only change I did was changing the sort of battery (3S to 2S). afterwards no more cruise control... Did a factory reset on both the radio and vehicle but CC won't work. looked in digital manual and on this forum but no answers. Anybody a idea?
    I do know it is not the greatest problem you can have

RC Enthusiast
    Check out page 34, it tells you how to map buttons to your controller.

https://traxxas.com/sites/default/fi...-OM-EN-R02.pdf

Hoping this will help you!

RC poster
    It did!
    Shame on me, I have this pdf on my iPad even before I got my trx4 and read it from front to end and back and when I searched to solve this I didn't find it. Even now with you pointing to the page, I had to read it several times before I found how to do it.
    Did a test and all works like it should. thanks.

RC Enthusiast
    Happy to hear!!! Ya I found that page and had to do a double take like I've never seen it before haha. Happy trailing Jbvox!

RC poster
    Having the same issue. Looking at that PDF I guess I just have to remap it to the multi knob right?

RC poster
    pushing menu 3 seconds, green blink, push set, 9 red blinks, push set, and unbelievably this was enough.

RC Qualifier
    I've done this twice to confirm and I'm not able to get my cruise control to work either? I'm on the 9 clicks and my set button obviously works, but I can't get cruise control to engage at all. Any ideas?! Thanks!

RC poster
    pushing menu 3 seconds, green blink, push set, 9 red blinks, push set, and unbelievably this was enough.

all this is done on the remote control, the 9 nine red blinks is something that you have to wait for, begins with 1 red blink than 2, enz... you only have to push set after the red light blinks 9 times. was pretty easy to do, less easy to write it down :-)

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Jbvox View Post
    It did!
    Shame on me, I have this pdf on my iPad even before I got my trx4 and read it from front to end and back and when I searched to solve this I didn't find it. Even now with you pointing to the page, I had to read it several times before I found how to do it.
    Did a test and all works like it should. thanks.
    You got cruise control to work? Did you use bt or just old school button mapping?

Please share how j can not figure this out for the life of me

Sent from my SM-G965W using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    Mine doesn’t work either. Would be interested to hear if there is an alternate solution.
    Tried all the steps listed on here/manual. It all started when I hooked up the BT dongle, checked all the BT setting too.

A couple things to try.

Safety first! For any adjustment, put the truck up on blocks or remove the wheels to make sure it doesn't drive off your table or something. (Always a good idea when making changes to the radio system or electronics on any truck.)

If using the BT module:

Simple things first. Make sure your app shows the TRX-4 icon. Defender, Tactical, Bronco, or Chassis Kit. Its important to note the TRX-4 Sport does not have cruise control, so if you've upgraded the radio system to a TQi you'll need to pick one of these other models.

Then go to the Drive Effects screen and make sure the cruise control option (at the bottom of the list) is selected for the Multi-Function Knob.

If that doesn't work, try this reset:

- Turn on your radio, truck and establish your BT connection. Make sure you have green icons for the transmitter and truck in the upper right / left corners of your app screen.
    - Go to the "Model Select" screen and choose something other than TRX-4. Doesn't really matter which one, Stampede 2wd will work just as an example.
    - Shut everything down. Turn off the truck, turn off the transmitter, and shut down the app.
    - Turn everything back on. Transmitter first, then truck, then re-connect the app.
    - Go back to Model Select and choose TRX-4 again. This should re-load all of the settings and give you back cruise control. Double check the Drive Effects menu to make sure cruise control is selected for the multi function knob.

Without a BT module:
    (Note: If a BT module is installed and automatically connects to the app, even in the background, this will not work.)

- Start with everything turned off. Hold down both buttons (menu and set) on the top of your TQi radio. While holding down both buttons turn on the transmitter, then let go of both buttons. You should have a red blinking light on the TQi. (Do not worry about the truck yet.)
    - Press menu 6 times. The red light should blink 7 times, pause, and repeat.
    - Press set one time. You should have a solid green light.
    - Turn on your truck. Steering and throttle should work. (Don't worry about cruise control yet.)
    - Hold down menu on your transmitter for about 4 seconds, then let go. You should have a slow blinking green light.
    - Press set one time. Should change to a red blinking light.
    - Press menu 8 times. The red light should blink 9 times, pause, and repeat.
    - Press set one time. You should see a bunch of green flashes, followed by the blinking red again.
    - Hold menu for 4 seconds.

This should reactivate cruise control.
    Our doubts are traitors, and make us lose the good we oft might win, by fearing to attempt.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by TireSlinger View Post
    A couple things to try.

Safety first! For any adjustment, put the truck up on blocks or remove the wheels to make sure it doesn't drive off your table or something. (Always a good idea when making changes to the radio system or electronics on any truck.)

If using the BT module:

Simple things first. Make sure your app shows the TRX-4 icon. Defender, Tactical, Bronco, or Chassis Kit. Its important to note the TRX-4 Sport does not have cruise control, so if you've upgraded the radio system to a TQi you'll need to pick one of these other models.

Then go to the Drive Effects screen and make sure the cruise control option (at the bottom of the list) is selected for the Multi-Function Knob.

If that doesn't work, try this reset:

- Turn on your radio, truck and establish your BT connection. Make sure you have green icons for the transmitter and truck in the upper right / left corners of your app screen.
    - Go to the "Model Select" screen and choose something other than TRX-4. Doesn't really matter which one, Stampede 2wd will work just as an example.
    - Shut everything down. Turn off the truck, turn off the transmitter, and shut down the app.
    - Turn everything back on. Transmitter first, then truck, then re-connect the app.
    - Go back to Model Select and choose TRX-4 again. This should re-load all of the settings and give you back cruise control. Double check the Drive Effects menu to make sure cruise control is selected for the multi function knob.
    That worked!! Thank you!