Thread: Fried motor

RC Racer

Fried motor

Ok so I see all these vids of stampedes in mud and water I take mine to the beach does not go anywhere near water and it fries my motor the shaft is wobbling so what happened every thing is water proof so could sand of got in the motor shaft I took it to beach last year and just broke drive shafts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    I mean it's a 4x4 I bought it to do 4x4 stuff

RC Racer
    At the beach I would guess sand. It is a 4x4 but it still isn't built like a real truck. And even a real truck with 4x4 has a lot of maintenance that come with mud and sand- bearings/seals/fluids/u-joints.
    Even enough regular dirt inside one of these will cause big problems, it may just take a lot longer than sand.
    Scott
    Slash 2wd
    Slash Ultimate 4wd
    Stampede 4wd

Could be just a bearing if you are lucky, which can be replaced pretty easy by disassembling the motor.

Were you monitoring temps? Were you running 2s or 3s? Keep in mind that the truck will be working a lot harder in the sand than on most hard surfaces. Sand can jam fans and stop them from spinning also. If you were at the beach then I would assume it was a pretty warm day. I would bet that it was heat that got it. My Stampede 4x4, currently running a Castle 4-Pole 3800kv 1410 motor and geared down to 9/54, running 2s only, still needs it's temps checked on when running on difficult surfaces.

RC Racer
    Or it could have just been a random failure that happens to all electronics at some point. Might have just been a coincidence that it happened on a beach day.

where you rings sand paddles? and how long where you running?
    SLAM!
    "That Tree jumped right in front of me"

RC Racer

Fried motor

Na when I plug my lipo into it the shaft jumps all around its shot must of got sand in it

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcguy5 View Post
    where you rings sand paddles? and how long where you running?
    5 mins the shaft in the motor bounces all around

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by GotNoRice View Post
    Could be just a bearing if you are lucky, which can be replaced pretty easy by disassembling the motor.

Were you monitoring temps? Were you running 2s or 3s? Keep in mind that the truck will be working a lot harder in the sand than on most hard surfaces. Sand can jam fans and stop them from spinning also. If you were at the beach then I would assume it was a pretty warm day. I would bet that it was heat that got it. My Stampede 4x4, currently running a Castle 4-Pole 3800kv 1410 motor and geared down to 9/54, running 2s only, still needs it's temps checked on when running on difficult surfaces.
    Was in evening was 80 and only ran it for 5 mins took it all apart ran motor the shaft is bouncing all around sending it back to Traxxas to do this trade

Could have just been the bearing died on you. Bearings usually either are good or aren't. Not a lot of middle ground when they go.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    Could have just been the bearing died on you. Bearings usually either are good or aren't. Not a lot of middle ground when they go.
    To late now boxed it up sent back to traxxas