Thread: Aton not arming

RC Qualifier

Aton not arming

I had called Traxxas monday because I was getting random return to homes. They gave me an Rma but I decided to try a few things first. After a new set of aaa batteries in the Tx the return to home problem went away (so far) only been 2 days. The new problem is it not wanting to arm the motors. All 4 green lights were solid but when I held the arm button it made 2 short low tone beeps and no spinning motors. This went on about 5 times, I unplugged the lipo and tried again. Fired right up. Same location, nothing changed.
    Anyone else have this happen and what causes it? Do you think I should still send it in? Just concerned I pay to ship it in and get a letter back that says "sorry we could not duplicate your problem".
    Its never been crashed and I just passed 100 flights. When its flying its great, but the "bugs" worry me and I want to fly safe.
    Thanks
    Stampede Vxl Aton Summit

RC Qualifier
    If you have any concerns at all that either of these could result in a crash or a fly away... Better safe than sorry, send it in. Low batteries can definitely trigger an RTH, and it sounds like you may have solved that issue. The tones while trying to arm... Doesn't the users manual have a list explaining what error tones mean? It's been so long since I needed to read it, but I think it tells you? You might check that before you decide whether or not to ship?
    Fly fast, Fly hard, and forget about the outcome.

RC Qualifier
    I could not find anything in the manual about not arming alerts. Maybe I will try a rebind and see what happens. I flew it again last night after my post and it armed right away, go figure. Thanks for the reply.
    Stampede Vxl Aton Summit

RC poster
    I too had that arming problem , if you have the
    phone app open you will get a voice prompt about a he problem,
    For me it's gps coverage if I arm too close to my house, hope that
    Helps

RC Qualifier
    That did help, I moved out farther from the house today and had 2 problem free flights.
    Thanks for the replies.
    Stampede Vxl Aton Summit

RC Qualifier
    Just a follow up after several flights. I changed out the rechargeable Tx batteries to alkaline. Rebound the Tx to the quad. Zero issues and is rock solid. I even took it out before one of our monsoon storms. The winds and rains came as soon as I was landing. Im happy and still love this quadcopter.
    Stampede Vxl Aton Summit