Slash handling bad/flipping

Hi all, I have a slash 2wd lcg with a MMP/5700 to start out. I track it on AstroTurf with proline pinpoints and track only but am running into a few suspension problems.

The problem:
    Back wheel lifts up around turns causing the front In turn to lift; causing the car to roll.

The setup:
    Traxxas GTR shocks

Front: Orange rate springs, no preload 35w oil

Rear: Black rate springs, slight preload (to keep tension on the shock bottom retainer) 35w oil.

The aggravation:
    I asked the guys at the hobby shop and got completely different answers. I was told to stiffen the front and rear, then told to soften both, then told to stiffen one and soften the other and vice versa. Tried all and none really worked. But what frustrated me is all the different answers. I was also told that the shock shaft should not rebound at all if there was no spring on it and if it does it's overfilled????????????????? Please send help now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Is this under braking or throttle? Or both?
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Is this under braking or throttle? Or both?
    Both.

I would start by adding about 1/4" of preload all of the way around and see what effect that has. Second, I would change to 45wt in the front, and 40wt in the back, 35wt is really too light for a high-traction track.

As far as the shock itself, there should be a minor amount of rebound, but it should not act like it is spring loaded, if so, you have too much oil in the shock, and needs to be bled a little more. Also, air bubbles really are not that bad, as long as you are consistently rebuilding your shocks the same way, it shouldn't matter that much.
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    If it's too full it will not compress all the way.

You don't have a vid of the truck in action do you? I'd like to see it running with other trucks of same class... or a vid of yours having issues, and someone else's not having the issue.

What is your ride height and your droop?

In general, on carpet or astroturf you need to run a pretty stiff spring package. Shock oil is not as critical to increase too much. You also need to run lower ride heights and less droop. How many shock limiter spacers are in the rear? Fronts you can probably leave with 0 spacers if you're running outer arm position, if you're running inner run one spacer. Rears should have at least one spacer if running one of the outer hole positions. Try to get droop about even front and rear, with a little bit more in the rear.

The main thing is that traction is the enemy on astroturf and you want to get the car to slide rather than traction roll/flip.
    youtube.com/c/RazorRCvideos

Thank you GreatScott, Rag6, and RazorRC22! I had a completely different perception in my head of what to do.... Thank you all so much this helped greatly and thank you for giving me the same answers.

Quote Originally Posted by RazorRC22 View Post
    ...The main thing is that traction is the enemy on astroturf and you want to get the car to slide rather than traction roll/flip.
    This...

I've run bald traxxas s1 tires to acieve this, and it worked lol

Quote Originally Posted by SlashServices View Post
    Thank you GreatScott, Rag6, and RazorRC22! I had a completely different perception in my head of what to do.... Thank you all so much this helped greatly and thank you for giving me the same answers.

BTW, I'm pretty sure those shock springs are too soft. I'd try some blue or pink springs.
    youtube.com/c/RazorRCvideos

RC Racer
    my carpet setup is: pin tires, 50wt oil all around, all shocks in outer most holes, LCG, black springs in front , red or orange in rear (currently comparing the two), still get rolls if carrying to much speed into corners
    TQ in 1st and 2nd quals and 2nd in main last weekend (stayed out of wrecks for a change) lol
    Slash 2wd
    it is all about having fun