RC poster

Lightbulb can this be done?

I have been doing some digging and was wondering if this was a possible setup? run 2 5000mAh 11.1v 3-Cell 25C LiPo's (from X-Maxx Part no. #2872X) in my rustler vxl.

thanks -Aidan

RC Qualifier
    in series or parallel? in series im guessing unless you can run 6s lol.
    you will need some other way to hold them in because the normal battery hold down won't work
    https://www.google.com/search?q=trax..._w26z_lhr9pTM:
    RC. an addiction I'm proud of

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    If you're in parallel, in theory yes. In reality no. The ESC and motor will pull too much current, generate too much heat. If you wanted to make a pass or two it may hold out. For bashing I wouldn't try it.

RC poster
    I would be running 3 s not 6 s and I was hoping that it would be just like a 10000 MAH and I would use battery expansion kit and a Dremel to cut out the back wall(s).

Why don't you just buy the traxxas battery expansion and put a 2s 10,000 mah in. Or if you want 3s get the 8,400 mah lipo. Really that you only need about 5,000 mah. Honestly i get bored before I run out of battery when I run my traxxas rally on a 3s 5,000 mah battery.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    SLAM!
    "That Tree jumped right in front of me"

The 2872X is 155mm long. Even a single one won't fit in a Rustler without modifications.

I would never put an extra battery in a Rustler for not having to swap batteries. The extra weight and higher COG would have too much impact on handling to my taste. Swapping batteries is not that much work.
    Nobody is born with experience

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Petertje60 View Post
    The 2872X is 155mm long. Even a single one won't fit in a Rustler without modifications.

I would never put an extra battery in a Rustler for not having to swap batteries. The extra weight and higher COG would have too much impact on handling to my taste. Swapping batteries is not that much work.
    Yeah. I agree with this advice. Why have super long run time if your car is terrible to drive. You'd be putting it back on its wheels the majority of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    Yeah. I agree with this advice. Why have super long run time if your car is terrible to drive. You'd be putting it back on its wheels the majority of the time.
    Shoot, I'm doing this with regular setup LOL!
    Revo .18TM BL Rustler Stampede MERV HPI Sprint 2

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    If running the stock axles, they will be severely put to the test with the extra weight and 3s
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...