RC Racer

Body flies off easily. Any ideas why?

So the body seems to fly off fairly easily. I mean a very light flip over still has the body flying off. Almost seems like the roll cage or retaining hooks are too soft. Nothing seems to be broken either. Any thoughts on how to improve this? Thanks.

RC Racer
    Replace them

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Mine has never came off. Tore the body away from the cage but that's all

RC Champion
    Look at how your body's front mounting hook, and your body's rear turn clamp come in contact with your trucks chassis. You can see both by looking though the wheel wells of your truck. If you don't see anything obvious, then I'd take a ride down your LHS and compare your truck's mounting contact areas to a new one. If you still don't see anything obvious, I'd think about getting a new body mount system for your body.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC Racer
    My body flys off all the time. I've replaced bodies, and all mounts. Anyone come up with a fix for this?

only real fix is to quit crashing

mine's weird. sometimes i can have a super gnarly crash and the body stays on, and sometimes it's a super light tumble and it pops off. just depends on how it hits i guess.
    rizzodtheRCvlogger - www.youtube.com/user/rizz0d

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by timritchieblue View Post
    My body flys off all the time. I've replaced bodies, and all mounts. Anyone come up with a fix for this?
    Reinforce the body with Shoe Goo and FibaTape. My videos have details of how I did it to mine. Strengthening the body prevents it from happening. My truck had taken big hits in my videos and the body stayed on each time. I am running an 8S X-Maxx now and I have tumbled like crazy at speed without any issues.
    My X-Maxx, Rustler, Aton, and XO-1 fly!

RC Qualifier
    Is the body reinforced with anything? Stock I could see it being able to flex and pop off. I have mine reinforced with hurricane tape. I like to jump my xmaxx pretty hard and I've never had the body pop off.

Edit: jumpfly posted as I was typing haha. I agree, just reinforce the body.

RC Racer
    My stock body was reinforced with goo, and tape, and flex steel. I thought it was too heavy, so I replaced with a new body. Same results,, then replaced entire latch/mount system. Same results.

Can't destroy a body if won't stay on.

RC Qualifier
    The only thing that will make a body detach from the chassis is flex. There isn't much to it. I use hurricane tape to reinforce my body. Not sure if that would help you more than what you used before.

RC Qualifier
    My stock body was reinforced with goo, and tape, and flex steel. I thought it was too heavy, so I replaced with a new body. Same results,, then replaced entire latch/mount system. Same results.

Can't destroy a body if won't stay on.
    That is pretty weird. Do you have a video showing a time the body came off. I am interested in seeing how you are hitting hard enough to knock the body off. Also, how tight is the body latch on your truck?

RC Qualifier
    Well, since I bought my 8S X-Maxx used, I finally pulled the screws through the front of the body. I kind of sensed the holes looked a little deep from what I remembered from my 6S truck, but my guess was right when I went to do some bashing yesterday. Sure enough they pulled through. After I put the washers around the screws I will post in here if the body pops off again. Luckily I had a spare shoe lace from a friend's shoes on hand so I tied the body to the cage and was able to get through a few hours of bashing (even though the body kept coming off).

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by drivejumpfly View Post
    Well, since I bought my 8S X-Maxx used, I finally pulled the screws through the front of the body. I kind of sensed the holes looked a little deep from what I remembered from my 6S truck, but my guess was right when I went to do some bashing yesterday. Sure enough they pulled through. After I put the washers around the screws I will post in here if the body pops off again. Luckily I had a spare shoe lace from a friend's shoes on hand so I tied the body to the cage and was able to get through a few hours of bashing (even though the body kept coming off).
    Yeahhh my screws pulled through the hood of the body the second time out driving mine haha. I fixed it with putting a piece of plastic underneath the holes then going over it with shoe goo and drywall tape. Then purchased a set of these for on top. Very nice washers. They even recess down in to the screw holes on the stock body.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/BLACK-Recesse...%257Ciid%253A4

RC Racer
    Here's my solution. Drill a hole, put in a dowel or could even use a body post off another RC, then pin the dowel. Before I did this I used Velcro on the bottom side of the shock tower and on the top side of the tounge from the cage that slides under it. This works ok but wares out quick from sliding the body on and off. This suggestion/solution is just my solution, I'm certain you guys can find something better, getting the cotter pin in is difficult for big hands. I leave the rear unlatched and put the pin in from the back, if your hands are small you can reach in from the front.

I did this because the body would come off from impacts and hard landings. Not a big deal unless the body comes off when you land and then it continues to roll or cartwheel exposing the chassis and electronics to damage which the body does a great job of protecting. I have noticed that a new body and roll cage are less likely to come off vs a worn out body and cage.

Sent from my SM-G925T using Tapatalk
    de oppresso liber

RC Enthusiast
    I have a cheap idea. Yes the body comes off from the body-support and body flexing to much allowing the tounge to come out from underneath the shock tower. Here's the solution, attach another support from tounge to the lock, I used half inch pex pipe it's strong, lightweight and cheap. I have pictures if anyone would like to post them for me. This is a very effective way to keep from poppin the top.

RC Racer
    I would like to see a picture? I’m using a 500 mm Velcro strap on the front mount wrapped around bumper mount.. might just sell truck, I have 2 new UNBREAKABBLE bodies, can’t test.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by XmaxxSmash View Post
    I have a cheap idea. Yes the body comes off from the body-support and body flexing to much allowing the tounge to come out from underneath the shock tower. Here's the solution, attach another support from tounge to the lock, I used half inch pex pipe it's strong, lightweight and cheap. I have pictures if anyone would like to post them for me. This is a very effective way to keep from poppin the top.
    Here are your pictures:

RC Racer
    Thank you for the pictures, had to google PEX PIPE, I’ll give it a go. Need to find a solution, because I don’t even drive my truck because of body flying off issue.

Seems like a lot of people are in denial about their body’s flying off,,,it happens ALOT

RC Qualifier
    It stops once you stiffen the body. Shoo goo and bed liner for me and it only pops off now and again. :-)

RC Racer
    Just installed new unbreakable body.

RC Qualifier
    Ooh very nice. It’s on my wanted list. :-)

RC Racer
    Battery’s are charged,, I’m going to test it out tomorrow

RC Racer
    Ran new unbreakable body,, body is tough. Still comes off just like stock, re-Inforced body. Body stays on as long as I just wheelie up and down the road. I guess jumping a Traxxas truck is asking too much

RC Enthusiast
    I've had this on since monday and the body has stayed on all week. Today was fun, only a cracked front bulkhead

RC Qualifier
    Ran new unbreakable body,, body is tough. Still comes off just like stock, re-Inforced body. Body stays on as long as I just wheelie up and down the road. I guess jumping a Traxxas truck is asking too much
    All I do is jump mine and it does not come off much at all. Something is amiss. It only comes off under some odd landings. Most of the time it hangs on. Never falls off if I land on the wheels. Haha.

RC Racer
    I have some Mega zip ties, I’m going to zip tie it down to the chassis,,

It mostly flys off from hard hits on the front, or rear of truck.