RC poster

Different versions cooling heads trx 3.3 ? Early, Late

Hi all,

My first post and of course itīs a question

Bought some Revo 3.3 project cars together with a bunch of loose various parts. One of the cars has
    a busted cooling head, looking for a replacement i found 2 different type of cooling heads, as you can see in the pictures the left one has holes/slots right through the fins, is this an early type ? Is there any advantage or disadvantage to use the type on the left ?

Regards, servalac

Probably not a whole lot of difference. The one without the holes will be easier to clean out with a paper towel as the ridges are very sharp on the other one.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by olds97_lss View Post
    Probably not a whole lot of difference. The one without the holes will be easier to clean out with a paper towel as the ridges are very sharp on the other one.
    True, it must be why they redesigned it, probably collected to much debris by the glowplug, although it seems like the extra holes thrught the fins would assist cooling !? My newer Revos does not have these holes in the cooling head, and they're easier to clean. It is somewhat confusing when you search for part 5238R since most stores on the web shows the one to the left, with holes.