RC Racer

New Summit Owner ....Can a Summit 1/10 handle Brushless Power?

Hi all,

Sorry, this might sound like a silly question ...But can the 1/10 Summit handle Brushless Power?

Are the diffs the same as the E-Revo?

Thanks

Lots of brushless summits out there. Got mine running on 4s, 120a esc, and a 2650kv motor. It's a lot faster and can still crawl if I want to. Have only broken one axle which is nothing new I broke them all the time when it was brushed. And I blew a tire up from doing a wheelie when racing my brother with his jato.

Sent from my SM-N920R4 using Tapatalk

RC Racer
    What is a budget CRAWLING Motor/ESC Combo?
    Its primarily for crawling/bike trails application, Never full speed high gear mode.

Or should i just DROP to 12-14 tooth pinion gear and stay with OEM motor/ESC?

RC Racer
    You should check out kershaw designs with the 14.4v dewalt. Its a brushed motor with a lot more torque, it also allows you to gear slightly more aggressively and get a bit more speed than the stock motor, if you want.

Quote Originally Posted by virdi View Post
    ...can the 1/10 Summit handle Brushless Power?
    I have a sensored Tekin 2000kv motor & MMX esc in mine on 4s. Its one unstoppable crawler in low gear and can still get down the road on pavement in a flash in high gear(its almost to fast)!

I need just one more rc, then Im done,
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

RC poster
    How did you fit you 4s on?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Briber View Post
    I have a sensored Tekin 2000kv motor & MMX esc in mine on 4s. Its one unstoppable crawler in low gear and can still get down the road on pavement in a flash in high gear(its almost to fast)!

I need just one more rc, then Im done,
    I’m fairly new, how did you fit your 4s in the box?

RC Racer
    just use 2X2S
    "souvent fauché toujours marteau !"

RC poster
    I'm running a 1/8 mamba monster x 1515 sensored. It's crawls perfect and will backflip/frontflip on command both while on 6s. When I first put it in I snapped the rear center driveshaft. I figured they wouldn't last. Upgraded to traxxas metal shafts. And it's holding up fine. I still have yet to be able to full throttle it. Insanely fast for a big truck!!!
    XMAXX, Summit MMX 6s, slash 4×4, rustler vxl

RC Competitor
    Good evening, I am happily running the MXL-6s brushless power system in my Summit. The only other mod I have done at the moment is install the Traxxas 5352R Heavy-Duty Slipper Clutch Rebuild Kit as well. I will be installing a single Hitec RCD HS-7950TH Mega Torque Ti Gear Digital Servo and a Castle Creations CC Bec 2.0 15A Max Output WaterProof unit to power the servo at 7.4v. I routinely disassemble my differentials and shocks to ensure they are properly lubed so I feel that helps to mitigate issues running the larger motor. Plus I do a lot of trail driving so I'm not running the Summit at top speeds very often. I like taking it to the beach/dunes for speed/bashing but I prefer the trails and rocks with the Summit and its locking differentials. I inspected the 2075 servos to ensure the plastic gears were intact after having installed the larger motor and they were surprising in perfect condition. I was considering upgrade the gears to Savox SW0231MG Servo Gear Set with Bearings but am almost certain I will go with the Hitec and CC BEC as they are already delivered. The drivetrain (center driveshafts and half shafts) haven't shown any obvious signs of damage besides the cheap rubber suspension dust covers but thats unrelated to the upgrade. It was costly but I am glad I chose to do the brushless upgrade. Oh yeah and I run 2 2s lipos wired in series and tt doesn't cog/shutter when crawling in high-gear with the MXL-6s system. It can certainly handle the power if you are mindful of how you drive.

Last edited by Hman; 01-19-2018 at 01:08 AM.