RC Competitor

New truck, new body...

Im the proud new owner of a VXL 4x4 (had it a month but whos counting) and naturally didnt want to keep the stock body and replaced it with a F150 body...

But im curious what bodies other than regular truck bodies fit the car??? I've got the proline adjustable mounts so height shouldnt be a problem... what i am curious about is what rally / touring car bodies might work???

I'd also like to know what width and lenth range would work or has anyone tried any combinations that work??? I know i've seen subaru body ontop of a stampede 4x4 but that seems to be about it...
    Last edited by -Ghost-; 08-04-2017 at 11:38 AM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Gripdog7205 View Post
    I really like the ford body grip. Cant wait to get my 53 Chevy body painted to give you some competition. although I am a ford man over Chevy. By today's cars anyhow!
    OH my mashers came today. Almost time to start some upgrades!
    Last edited by lektro; 08-04-2017 at 04:21 PM.
    Choose Life !!!

RC Competitor
    ^ Nice, im still waiting for some stuff to arrive myself such as my 1/8 buggy shocks and few other bits and pieces so i can upgrade my car too

RC Competitor
    Since i wasn't sure if the photo i placed in my first post showed up and the fact i managed to find my old photo hosting account password, here are some more pics of the car body along with a new cam recorder i got to play with...

The new camera on back of truck for size reference:

Camera for FPV videos inside the truck:

Camera on front bumper for a clearer outside view:

Quote Originally Posted by -Ghost- View Post
    Since i wasn't sure if the photo i placed in my first post showed up and the fact i managed to find my old photo hosting account password, here are some more pics of the car body along with a new cam recorder i got to play with...

The new camera on back of truck for size reference:

Camera for FPV videos inside the truck:

Camera on front bumper for a clearer outside view:

Yeppers, It just seems there is no choice for any of us when we know we can upgrade something. It just eats at you till you do it. lol Your pics didn't work. Hope you find a source. We would like to see

There is a thread on here Awesomeness look there for a different style body. A Big foot sport body. I think the Proline Baja might work as well.
    Last edited by lektro; 08-05-2017 at 05:46 AM.
    Choose Life !!!

Quote Originally Posted by lektro View Post
    Yeppers, It just seems there is no choice for any of us when we know we can upgrade something. It just eats at you till you do it. lol Your pics didn't work. Hope you find a source. We would like to see

There is a thread on here Awesomeness look there for a different style body. A Big foot sport body. I think the Proline Baja might work as well.

Found it
    Choose Life !!!

RC Competitor
    -EDIT-

Found out how to load the pics, so hopefully it works this time...

The camera:

Camera Position 1:

Camera Position 2:
    Last edited by -Ghost-; 08-05-2017 at 09:35 AM.

I paid photobucket 59 dollars 3 months ago and can still post pics. I click image copy then paste here. At first you would just left click and it would automatically copy. I heard a lot of people can't even get it to work anymore. You do need a third party host. You know that right?
    Choose Life !!!

RC Competitor
    I paid photobucket 59 dollars 3 months ago and can still post pics. I click image copy then paste here. At first you would just left click and it would automatically copy. I heard a lot of people can't even get it to work anymore. You do need a third party host. You know that right?
    Thanks for the reply, yeah i was using a 3rd party host, but seems the coding needed to be a little different for it to show for some reason... anyway, i think it works now (at least it shows on my screen) so let me know what you think???

-Pictures in above edited post-
    Last edited by -Ghost-; 08-05-2017 at 09:41 AM.

Man! That is one awesome body. I really like the Graphics. Like the body style too Looks sharp! I just finished a body for my rustler. Not to bad for my first. Is that the engine sound producer? Only way i know how to describe it... what site are you using for posting?

Have another rustler body to paint. Also have the Proline 53 chevy truck body to paint for my p4de. Love it!
    Last edited by lektro; 08-05-2017 at 10:09 AM.
    Choose Life !!!

RC Competitor
    Mine is the P4DE VXL, so no sound on mine since not really my thing personally...

This body done using this method was the first time for me as well, done plenty of plain bodies / two tone bodies using stickers, but never one using lexan glue for graphics, so learnt a fair bit from the experience and hope to improve next time i make another shell...

But back to your car, seems you got quite a few mids there??? What upgrades you running atm???

P4de with 4tec body on it for speed runs. I just needed to put new holes in it where p4de body mounts are.

I need just one more rc, then Im done,
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

Only four thing's on the car that are stock. That's the VXL esc, motor and receiver box. Everything else has been upgraded to aluminum and stainless steel. Have thought about a new motor, but talk myself out of it every time I do. The VXL works just fine for now. I wont get into all the upgrades seeing this is a p4de thread. Was a lot of fun work, I do know that!

This is my next project. Getting ready to balance the mashers, change out the shocks and install a esc fan and take out for some run time tomorrow. Let the upgrades begin again.

Choose Life !!!

Quote Originally Posted by Briber View Post
    P4de with 4tec body on it for speed runs. I just needed to put new holes in it where p4de body mounts are.

That ain't nothing but sweet there Briber!!!!!!
    Choose Life !!!

^ Nice, im still waiting for some stuff to arrive myself such as my 1/8 buggy shocks and few other bits and pieces so i can upgrade my car too
    I had to look at it three times before i realized that was a video camera. And I thought it was for sound. Nice Ghost. Leave that sound stuff to the youngens. lol
    Choose Life !!!

RC Competitor

That is one sick pede!!! Whats the width on that shell if you dont mind me asking???

I had to look at it three times before i realized that was a video camera. And I thought it was for sound. Nice Ghost. Leave that sound stuff to the youngens. lol
    Lol, yeah last time i was into RC was almost 20yrs ago, just got back into it recently and thought would get a pede, i have a gopro mount on my Tamiya Blitzer Beetle but wanted to try something (cheap) and m smaller for this new car...

That is one sick pede!!! Whats the width on that shell if you dont mind me asking???

Lol, yeah last time i was into RC was almost 20yrs ago, just got back into it recently and thought would get a pede, i have a gopro mount on my Tamiya Blitzer Beetle but wanted to try something (cheap) and m smaller for this new car...
    I see you have a 16 GB card. That's a lot of recording. Hope it works well!
    Choose Life !!!

RC Competitor
    Yeah, the guy at the shop threw it in when i bought the camera, so i definitely wasnt complaining lol...

Idk if i still have that body, ill look and see if i do ill get the width on it...

RC Competitor
    Idk if i still have that body, ill look and see if i do ill get the width on it...

If you do find it, would also love to know the length as well, coz the LHS i goto works through online ordering and you pickup the parts within an hour, its got great selection but means you cant really browse like you would in a traditional store...

RC poster
    All these pics are sweet but I have to ask how do you guys keep your trucks looking so good? They look brand new! I mean dont get me wrong , I clean mine but can never get clean like these pics! awesome trucks tho!

Quote Originally Posted by Stampede799 View Post
    All these pics are sweet but I have to ask how do you guys keep your trucks looking so good? They look brand new! I mean dont get me wrong , I clean mine but can never get clean like these pics! awesome trucks tho!
    Well I will be honest about mine. It has no driving time yet, before i felt the need to tear it down, to see what it's all about.
    Choose Life !!!

Just clean them from time to time and take pics of them after cleaning, trust me mine Do Not look new 95% of the time lol. What ever you do, dont armor all anything ever! Dirt will stick like metal shavings to a magnet lol.

RC Competitor
    Im not going to lie, my truck and that body are both pretty new so still fairly clean... its also why i decided to use lexan glue for graphics rather than stickers, so when the truck flips / gets scratched etc, its just the outside body that gets beat, but the graphics are fine as long as the shell is not cracked...

If you do find it, would also love to know the length as well, coz the LHS i goto works through online ordering and you pickup the parts within an hour, its got great selection but means you cant really browse like you would in a traditional store...
    Roughly 7.5" wide and 17" long.

RC Enthusiast
    Just finished painting my proline baja bug... my first painted body ever. But, I am running the slash chassis

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

RC Competitor
    Roughly 7.5" wide and 17" long.
    Thanks for the info

RC Competitor
    Quote Originally Posted by 06cummins View Post
    Just finished painting my proline baja bug... my first painted body ever. But, I am running the slash chassis

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk
    Nice body, i saw your other thread and was thinking nice upgrades!