RC poster

Can't get my jato 3.3 to run

I have been trying to get my jato 3.3 running for a while and can't get it going. Sometimes it starts, sometimes it dosent and it almost always dies as soon as I take the starter off of it if I don't give it constant gas and even then. The motor has good compression, my fuel lines don't have leaks in them and I have set my carb back to factory to adjust from there and it does me no good. I got it to run decent on the low end one time but as soon as I would really put the juice to it it was cut out and sounds like it would backfire. Good glow plugs, new glow plug wire . It also didn't seem to want to shift to second gear when i had it going the one time. Also the idle gap is about 1mm. It still wants to spit fuel out of the exhaust and the air filter always winds up wet with fuel (even when I'm just trying to start it) and does not matter how I adjust the lsn and hsn. I have read a lot of forums and just can't figure it out. Please help

RC Qualifier
    First.. check your throttle linkage.
    Take the body off, with electronics already turned off, remove the filter, look inside the carb, and turn on your electronics.
    The throttle servo will power up to its nominal setpoint. see if this opened the carb a little... if it did, adjust your linkage, so that it does not open the carb when powered on.

Second,
    get a set of feeler gauges for the carb, .76-.77 mm would probably be better if it seems to be bogging down.
    lean it out some more, then try again.

When you have screws set correctly you will know.
    Good Luck.
    Bashing is my business.. and business is Good !

RC poster
    I'll try that! Thanks!