RC Competitor

Suspension Tuning

I don't really get a whole lot of chances to run in the dirt so 90% of my running is done on asphalt. I was looking for some guidance on things like shock/diff/overall suspension tuning that would be more beneficial for this kind of driving. I usually run 2.8 proline street tires as well.

Sway bars, lowered, stiffer springs, heavier oil and lighter diff fluid.
    The Super Derecho

RC Racer
    What Double G said ^^
    Slash 4x4 w/TSM
    Revo 3.3

RC Competitor
    What is the science behind why the above works so well as compared to something like dirt? I guess this is what I am trying to understand. I really appreciate the help.

RC Racer
    Quote Originally Posted by trev616 View Post
    What is the science behind why the above works so well as compared to something like dirt? I guess this is what I am trying to understand. I really appreciate the help.
    Smooth surfaces like pavement respond to a stiffer suspension, but you don't want it too stiff. You don't need ground clearance so it can sit lower (lower cg). If you are running on smooth dirt without bumps and jumps you can set it up the same way. Also tire choice comes into play if it's loose or packed (clay) dirt. Too much traction is just as bad as too little.

Sent from my SM-S975L using Tapatalk