D90 P/U Truck body mod

Copped up the body and moved the spare and accessories to the bed. Used just the top rail of roof rack to make bed rails. Between this and all the Brass down low this thing is a lot less tippy.

Sla2hP4deXSummitRusty2TRX4Bigfoot#14TEC2.0Rally

Awesome job!!! How difficult was it to get the cab cut properly so that it fit properly?
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Qualifier
    Looks really good, something different too. Also like the little licence plate too.cant wait to see other bodies come out for the trx-4

Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    Awesome job!!! How difficult was it to get the cab cut properly so that it fit properly?
    Thank you!! It was not super difficult, I laid down masking tape and cut the top off including the back of the cab using a dremel. Then cut I the back of the cab off leaving 3/8 - 1/2 to tuck into the remaining cab and used screws and nylocks to attach. Fitting the thin metal bed cover and drilling all the holes was time consuming.

Quote Originally Posted by Bike mechanic View Post
    Looks really good, something different too. Also like the little licence plate too.cant wait to see other bodies come out for the trx-4
    Thank you!! The license plate (Wyseguy) is my son Wyatt's nick name. Unfortunately he is in Heaven... Just one of the ways to remember. He would have been head over heals for RC, just like his twin brother Sawyer (Sawdawg) is!!
    the License Plate is by www.SRDLV.com

This is me and Sawyer
    Last edited by SummitonSlingrs; 08-07-2017 at 10:44 AM.

How much does that change the weight of the body, and how significant is the change in CG?
    Submarine Qualified, Chief Inducted, Navy Retired

RC Competitor
    It looks great, can you share more pics please? I really like when people are creative and use what they have to mod a RC.

I think you can feel the lower center of gravity. The Wheel is lower, the cage is lower, no roofrack and last but not least, less plastic. My body is original, but i removed all the extra parts. That gave me 4░ better angle before the trx-4 falls to the side(from 36░ to 40░).

Quote Originally Posted by Greatscott View Post
    How much does that change the weight of the body, and how significant is the change in CG?
    Quote Originally Posted by Lenny View Post
    It looks great, can you share more pics please? I really like when people are creative and use what they have to mod a RC.

I think you can feel the lower center of gravity. The Wheel is lower, the cage is lower, no roofrack and last but not least, less plastic. My body is original, but i removed all the extra parts. That gave me 4░ better angle before the trx-4 falls to the side(from 36░ to 40░).
    Thank you!
    For some reason I never can take any in-process pictures... I am not sure how much the chop lowered the CG to be honest, most of that was left to all the Brass down low. The tire really does not sit lower, but rather in front of the rear axel. I used very thin steel to create the bed cover so I doubt I saved any weight in the end. Really I was just trying to improve the looks IMO of the stock body until I make the switch over to my hard Plastic Jeep TJ body.

I had a spare TRX-4 body post kit (for my TJ project) I ended up using the second front body post in the rear, it works perfect with the flat bed cover.
    These are the only pictures I have of it...

I jumped on the Truck Bed Mod but may keep the cage intact, just not sure about the adding the roof rack back and just use the bed to help LCG

RC Competitor
    lower cog from cutting off a little bit of lexan? lol.. the mod looks awesome, but doing it for "weight reduction" is silly.

Did it more for looks than weight reduction, just keeping the actual roof rack off makes a huge difference.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Great job both of you. It's nice how the back of the cab fits in so nice. If you eventually paint the outside, add in some putty, smooth it out and loose the bolts. I did what you guys did with my blazer body for my ascender, but smoothed it out.
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

Quote Originally Posted by rag6 View Post
    Great job both of you. It's nice how the back of the cab fits in so nice. If you eventually paint the outside, add in some putty, smooth it out and loose the bolts. I did what you guys did with my blazer body for my ascender, but smoothed it out.
    Thank you!
    It would look nice finished like that. You would have to use something that stays fairly flexible right?? Seems like anything that hardened up would eventually pop out.

That section of the roll bar covers the bolts pretty well, no need to spend time and materials to smooth it out unless your'e trying to win a best in show competition

Quote Originally Posted by djmaincheese View Post
    That section of the roll bar covers the bolts pretty well, no need to spend time and materials to smooth it out unless your'e trying to win a best in show competition
    That's what I thought too.

wow that mod made the TRX4 look AWESOME.
    SLAM!
    "That Tree jumped right in front of me"

RC Racer
    Looking really awesome guys! Nice mod!

RC Qualifier
    Looks great guys. I really like it. Wonder how a trx-4 would like like with the roof completely chopped off and roll bars added on looking like a jeep

Looks great guys. I really like it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcguy5 View Post
    wow that mod made the TRX4 look AWESOME.
    Quote Originally Posted by ExplorerNate87 View Post
    Looking really awesome guys! Nice mod!
    Thanks Guys!!

Wonder how a trx-4 would like like with the roof completely chopped off and roll bars added on looking like a jeep
    Hummmm Do it!!
    Last edited by SummitonSlingrs; 08-16-2017 at 12:59 PM.

RC Qualifier
    Quote Originally Posted by SummitonSlingrs View Post
    Thanks Guys!!

Hummmm Do it!!
    Just what I need, another project lol. Maybe one day, I've got other rc projects going on. For now just looking and thinking about upgrades for now, guess my truck will have to be just plain boring.

Just what I need, another project lol. Maybe one day, I've got other rc projects going on. For now just looking and thinking about upgrades for now, guess my truck will have to be just plain boring.
    No TRX-4 is BA straight out the box. You'll add your personal style when the time comes!

RC Qualifier
    No TRX-4 is BA straight out the box. You'll add your personal style when the time comes!
    Yep, very true. Thinking what to upgrade first, as of now have a few bucks in my rc budget, lol. Most likely leave the body as is and upgrade the servo, tires, and bumpers. I need a third job for this hobby.

RC poster
    Thank you!! It was not super difficult, I laid down masking tape and cut the top off including the back of the cab using a dremel. Then cut I the back of the cab off leaving 3/8 - 1/2 to tuck into the remaining cab and used screws and nylocks to attach. Fitting the thin metal bed cover and drilling all the holes was time consuming.

Thank you!! The license plate (Wyseguy) is my son Wyatt's nick name. Unfortunately he is in Heaven... Just one of the ways to remember. He would have been head over heals for RC, just like his twin brother Sawyer (Sawdawg) is!!
    the License Plate is by www.SRDLV.com

This is me and Sawyer
    Just came across this. Just wanted to say I am so sorry for the loss of your son 😥 I just can't imagine.... Bless you for including Sawyer in your hobbies. He's precious! I have 2 special needs sons myself. My youngest is more on the mild end of things and has his own crawler. We both enjoy getting out the RC's!!

Also wanted to say you did an awesome job on that body and have me thinking of doing something very similar!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KWbuilder View Post
    Just came across this. Just wanted to say I am so sorry for the loss of your son �� I just can't imagine.... Bless you for including Sawyer in your hobbies. He's precious! I have 2 special needs sons myself. My youngest is more on the mild end of things and has his own crawler. We both enjoy getting out the RC's!!

Also wanted to say you did an awesome job on that body and have me thinking of doing something very similar!!!
    Thank you Kdub!! I appreciate the kind words. Bless you and your boys, sounds like they have a great father too. Sawyer is the reason I got into RC, he begged G-pa for a Sla2h brushed 3ish years ago. It was downhill from there, now we have 8... and the sla2h is certainly no longer brushed.
    If you look close you can find all eight in my signature below.

RC Competitor
    Your conversions looked so good, i had to try it myself.

Nice work Lenny!!! The Green and clear windows look sweet too.

You going to do an interior?

RC Qualifier
    Oh I love the green truck version on it Kenny. Looks really good. I've currently have 3 rc projects I'm working on and 1 or 2 get done i would like to get a extra defender body or something to chop up and make a truck version of it.

RC Competitor
    Thanks, i wanted a green one since i saw the green prototype pictures. The color is British green from Tamiya, even the name fits the theme *lol*
    Im thinking about an interior, but i dont know yet... But i want to put some details on the back, maybe a carjack or sandboards.

@mechanic Oh i know the problems, lots of unfinished projekts here too... I looked for other body which fits the TRX but there are not much. The Car ist width and has a long wheelbase. JConcept makes bodys which fits, for example the F-150. Look for the bodys with "Trail" in the Name and check the specs. The F-150 is 240mm width and has 315mm WB, thats bigger than most of the crawlerbodys.

RC poster
    hier mijn body mod

Verstuurd vanaf mijn SM-G960F met Tapatalk