RC Qualifier

3s 1400mh gens 25c, more punch if i run two in parallel?

Hi.

Sometimes i dont think the gensace 1400mh 25c deliver enough power.
    It does not get hot after a run, but i think maby it would go faster with more power from the battery.
    Would i get more c rate or more punch it i add one more battery and connect it with a parallel cable?
    Or do i only get doble runtime?

Think it will be great weight balance also with dual batteries in the merv?

RC Champion
    Yes you will get more punch and more speed by running two in parallel, your batteries will also run cooler and last longer, the downside is slightly higher motor temps.

You don't double the c rating, but it's as good as. The amps your battery can (in theory) put out easily is C rating X capacity, so by doubling the mAh, you double the amp capacity your system can put out...
    Dacaur

RC Qualifier
    Thanks for answers.
    Not mutch space or battery to choose from the stores so i think a dual pack in parallel would be great to try.
    Just checking the temps. With one battery it runs great for 10-12 minutes on road with almost no breaking.

What tires do you recomend for road driving?
    Looked at trenchers or road rage. They are littlebit bigger vs stock. How many tooth less from a 23t should i gear down if i put on the trencher or road rage to keep the same speed? Maby try a 21t if i buy trenchers or road rage?

Im not sure if i want to push it more, but i think my battery holding down since it is most power the first 2-3 minutes then it drop some speed.
    Cant find any new replacement battery for my Skyrc gps so i could test it.
    But i guess it goes under 50 mph like it should go with this setup.
    Last edited by Ray87; 08-07-2017 at 01:29 PM.

RC Turnbuckle Jr.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray87 View Post
    Hi.

Sometimes i dont think the gensace 1400mh 25c deliver enough power.
    It does not get hot after a run, but i think maby it would go faster with more power from the battery.
    Would i get more c rate or more punch it i add one more battery and connect it with a parallel cable?
    Or do i only get doble runtime?

Think it will be great weight balance also with dual batteries in the merv?
    Yes, as dacaur noted more punch will be available, but overall handling will suffer due to the weight of the second battery pack.

RC Qualifier
    Could i use a serie connector with 16 awg wires?
    Have one that came with a charger i had.
    Seems small but it stand 16awg on the pics of the Trx ID serie connector..

RC Champion
    You cant use a series connector with lipo. A parallel connector made with 16awg would be fine.
    If you are talking nimh, I think it would also be fine on a series connector using two nimh packs because of the short run times....
    Dacaur