RC poster

proline badlands or stockers?

tore my first tire the other day and wondering if its worth the little extra to get prolock rims and the new badlands to go with them. I know to buy a new tire is cheap but I really like the look of the badlands. anyone have experience with running them. grip? durability? any input would be great!
    2016 track champion USAC Northeast champion

RC Competitor
    I ripped a tire on my 8S too......I also like the badlands, they are a much stronger tire. There is a video on YouTube showing a 6s 8S and badlands balloon differences.....huge difference. The badlands barely balloon at all, bs the 6s that are insane

RC poster
    Thanks! I kept scrolling through and couldn't find any info on them. thanks for the link!
    2016 track champion USAC Northeast champion

RC poster
    I just bought 4 badlands & wheels because of tire damage, plus the idea of gluing beads is a joke to me for such a powerful machine. But if I had it to do over I would spend the extra $ and buy them already mounted, but I have one arm to fight with to get them mounted.
    They work fantastic and I expect them to last much longer as they are made on a stronger rubber compound. Less sidewall flex greatly improves handling and response.

RC Racer
    Very nice tires / rims but I think they are too heavy. Bought a pair but has started with 8S original again.

RC Racer
    The badland are nice but unless you plan on putting a bigger brushless system in your x-maxx IMO the 8s X-Maxx are better for the Stock 8s Power System.Like Painter has said the badlands are heavy and will make the stock system work harder and could cause heat issues.

RC Competitor
    My Badlands are fine with 8S, if people think they are too heavy maybe your geared to high? I don't have any heat issues and I'm geared 21p/50s with a Max6.

I can still wheelie on demand, jumps great, no ballooning and handles much better over all.

All the extra weight (not that it's a problem for me) comes from the steel bolts but I'm swapping mine out for titanium versions which should cut down the weight by a considerable margin (especially when it's a rotating mass) whilst keeping the strength still. Only thing is titanium bolts are quite a bit more expensive, especially when you need 160! lol

Badlands all the way!
    Last edited by scoobied77; 08-14-2017 at 10:19 AM.

RC Competitor
    I bought badlands yesterday, to replace my ripped 8S tire. Will run them later today too see. I am worried about the weight increase since my xmaxx runs hotter than I would like. We shall see

RC Enthusiast
    they seemed like I was driving on ice to start with but once they were roughed in a little, they started grabbing very will on all surfaces. my buddy trimmed just the slightest amount off of the foam evenly all the way around and his grab more than any tire that I've seen. next time mine are apart, I will do the same

RC Competitor
    First impressions is you can tell the extra weight.....acceleration and top speed is much slower. I didn't have the gps on, but I'd guess 4-5 mph which honestly doesn't make sense.....I'll run with gps later today to see the difference.

The upside is the grip is great and hardly any tire wear driving on the street. They also squeal a tiny bit, which is cool....and they leave skid marks on acceleration and braking which is cool

I also noticed the motor heats up quicker too...

I have them and feel the performance gain is not enough compared to the loss of steering, speed and weight they add. They are very well made and I do like them.
    Xmaxx, Rally, Slash 4X4, Summit 1/16