Thread: Vorza D8 Shocks

RC Enthusiast

Vorza D8 Shocks

My Vorza D8 Shocks just arrived and i guess due to reading so many different "how to's" i missed the fact that i needed some longer screws to mount the shocks in the rear with the stand-offs...

While i am waiting to go out and get some, i'm just wondering how many other people here still run or have run 1/8 scale shocks on their stampedes??? Seems its quite popular on slashes before, but not so much pedes???

Anyway, hope to update with some pics onces its all installed and working properly, till then lets see yours on your trucks if you got them mounted!!!

RC Enthusiast
    So i know without pictures this thread isn't mean much... so now that i got them installed on with the pics!!!

The original Traxxas Stampede 4x4 Shocks next to the new Vorza 1/8 Shocks:

Comparison of the two when installed on the rear:

Comparison of the two from a side view:

Can see how close they are to the shafts:

Now the car easily has around a half inch of space below the body and the floor when fully compressed, which for me i kind of like so the car can't bottom out...

RC poster
    Those look great!!!

Sent from my C811 4G using Tapatalk

RC Enthusiast
    ^ Thanks, i've often read how people said after installing these shocks they said it made a huge difference...

I naturally wanted to also see just how well they worked and flew the car off some 3-4' ledges and the landings were smooooth like butter, so all i can say is on my brief test, these shocks seem to be living up to the hype...

RC poster
    That's really good to hear. I've also been debating on getting the d8 shocks too.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by -Ghost- View Post
    My Vorza D8 Shocks just arrived and i guess due to reading so many different "how to's" i missed the fact that i needed some longer screws to mount the shocks in the rear with the stand-offs...

While i am waiting to go out and get some, i'm just wondering how many other people here still run or have run 1/8 scale shocks on their stampedes??? Seems its quite popular on slashes before, but not so much pedes???

Anyway, hope to update with some pics onces its all installed and working properly, till then lets see yours on your trucks if you got them mounted!!!
    Ghost! I really like those shocks. Thanks for the info. I put them on my list as soon as i saw them. Sweet, I will tear up my big bores first though....
    Quality Build Starts Here !!! By Scotty!!!

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by sayoda View Post
    That's really good to hear. I've also been debating on getting the d8 shocks too.

I kept hearing over and over again in older threads how great these shocks are, and for me personally i find them pretty darn sweet...

Quote Originally Posted by lektro View Post
    Ghost! I really like those shocks. Thanks for the info. I put them on my list as soon as i saw them. Sweet, I will tear up my big bores first though....
    Yeah for sure!!! would also love to see how you find the D8's compared to other big bores...

I kept hearing over and over again in older threads how great these shocks are, and for me personally i find them pretty darn sweet...

Yeah for sure!!! would also love to see how you find the D8's compared to other big bores...
    I can just look at them and tell they are far more superior. I believe your statement about landing soft as butter.
    Quality Build Starts Here !!! By Scotty!!!

Been using them for a long time, love them. No need to use stand offs on rear(see 2nd pic, 3rd pic is good view from top, sorry bout yellow dots lol), but if you do use them on rear, spin them around. It looks like the standoff is installed backwards. The spacer part should be against shock tower and skinny part that shock goes on is pointed forward.... 3-4' huh, lol, ive landed 8'+ jumps with mine many many times! Heres a good thread on them: https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...69#post6172269

I need just one more rc, then Im done,
    Last edited by Briber; 08-10-2017 at 12:28 AM.
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

RC Enthusiast
    ^ Thanks for the heads up, going to check the standoffs...

As for the jumps, yeah the best i could find close to my place was a small drop, so its great to hear you been doing 8 footers with no problems... guess it also means i need to go hunting for some spots...

^ Thanks for the heads up, going to check the standoffs...

As for the jumps, yeah the best i could find close to my place was a small drop, so its great to hear you been doing 8 footers with no problems... guess it also means i need to go hunting for some spots...
    I dont have any pics of the real high jumps...
    https://youtu.be/sa2BojZo4TE

Last edited by Briber; 08-10-2017 at 12:24 PM.

RC Competitor
    I got some traxxas GTR shocks from dollar hobbies when they used to sell take-offs. Seems to be a plug n play option (edit, i lied. I had to buy longer screws at hardware store. that's it).. Been jumpin high with no pop offs. Still waiting for the fronts to crap out before I switch those out.

sorry
    Last edited by almach1; 08-10-2017 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by almach1 View Post
    I got some traxxas GTR shocks from dollar hobbies when they used to sell take-offs. Seems to be a plug n play option (edit, i lied. I had to buy longer screws at hardware store. that's it).. Been jumpin high with no pop offs. Still waiting for the fronts to crap out before I switch those out.
    Nothing wrong with gtr's they are good too! I run them in summit, erbe & sr rustler. I really like the D's for the boot it keeps fluid clean. I do believe you can buy socks/boots for gtr shocks too though...

Do you use D8's on the front and rear? Do you use D8 fronts for both or fronts for front and rear for rear? Just curious since the two shocks on the stampede are different lengths.
    Expert rigging at it's best!

Use same on both, its all in the D8 thread I linked to in post #9(Link didnt work for me so re-linked below.). I dont remember the shaft length on them but 4 of the same ones in the link on post #32 in that thread work just fine for front and rear.

EDIT: I see link isnt working hopefully this one does:
    https://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6172269
    Last edited by Briber; 08-12-2017 at 10:06 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Briber View Post
    Use same on both, its all in the D8 thread I linked to in post #9(Link didnt work for me so re-linked below.). I dont remember the shaft length on them but 4 of the same ones in the link on post #32 in that thread work just fine for front and rear.

EDIT: I see link isnt working hopefully this one does:
    https://traxxas.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6172269
    Briber, I've read the post that you linked a couple times now, but I don't see anything explaining why the same length D8's get used on the pede's F&R, when the stock shocks are different lengths. Is it as simple as the longer D8's are simply TOO long?

It looks like the HPI Flux uses 97mm Front, and 112 mm Rear shocks. And we should be using the 97mm (60mm shock coil) for the F&R. I found the Vorza's in a 106mm length w/ 70mm shock coils (they have to be assembled though, not factory built). Is it possible that these could be used on the p4de rear since they aren't as long as the 112's?

The post you linked too also has a mention of:
    Kyosho IF346-05 Shock End Set
    being needed. What is this set for? These parts appear as though they are part of the shock kit.

Thank you for your help. I'm sorry for the complete noob questions.
    Scott
    Stampede 4x4 VXL

Well, I upped the oil in my shocks to associated 80 weight and it still slaps the ground pretty hard. However, I made it through a skate park bash session and didn't make my spur any worse. The holes in the stock shock pistons must be huge, because they still compress/rebound very easily with 80 weight in them...
    Expert rigging at it's best!

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Have pics of these next to gtrs?
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

Quote Originally Posted by Scottsd30 View Post
    Briber, I've read the post that you linked a couple times now, but I don't see anything explaining why the same length D8's get used on the pede's F&R, when the stock shocks are different lengths. Is it as simple as the longer D8's are simply TOO long?

It looks like the HPI Flux uses 97mm Front, and 112 mm Rear shocks. And we should be using the 97mm (60mm shock coil) for the F&R. I found the Vorza's in a 106mm length w/ 70mm shock coils (they have to be assembled though, not factory built). Is it possible that these could be used on the p4de rear since they aren't as long as the 112's?

The post you linked too also has a mention of:
    Kyosho IF346-05 Shock End Set
    being needed. What is this set for? These parts appear as though they are part of the shock kit.

Thank you for your help. I'm sorry for the complete noob questions.
    Post # 32 i believe it was is most important one, er33 says exactly what to get. Do not get the disassembled ones they are wrong and in that thread a member admits he linked me to those and was wrong.

The reason the same size works is because of the big bore. There is plenty of dampening because of the large volume of oil that needs to go through the piston so shock can "absorb" shocks without bottoming out. I can tell you personally that Ive used them for a long time and they work fantastic. If using a shorter shock on rear truck will be lower than front. All you need are assembled shock set and 2 standoffs for mounting the front shocks. I opted to buy set of gray springs for options when tuning suspension.

Last edited by Briber; 08-14-2017 at 11:02 PM.

RC Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Briber View Post
    Post # 32 i believe it was is most important one, er33 says exactly what to get. Do not get the disassembled ones they are wrong and in that thread a member admits he linked me to those and was wrong.

The reason the same size works is because of the big bore. There is plenty of dampening because of the large volume of oil that needs to go through the piston so shock can "absorb" shocks without bottoming out. I can tell you personally that Ive used them for a long time and they work fantastic. If using a shorter shock on rear truck will be lower than front. All you need are assembled shock set and 2 standoffs for mounting the front shocks. I opted to buy set of gray springs for options when tuning suspension.

Thanks Briber!
    Scott
    Stampede 4x4 VXL

Quote Originally Posted by Scottsd30 View Post
    Thanks Briber!
    Your welcome.