RC poster

green xmaxx with 6.5 castle conectors

Any one elce upgrade there battery conectors i dont trust trax conector with 8s i dont know y but its they seem to small so im going to the castle 6.5

You can go to Castle connectors, but Traxxas connectors work with 8s just fine. In fact, I run the Castle/Leopard system, and haven't had any problems with 6s or 8s.

There is only one problem with Traxxas connectors, and that's with non Traxxas batteries that come with Traxxas connectors. They aren't really Traxxas connectors. They're a cheap knock off, and aren't nearly as good as official Traxxas connectors. If anyone gets these, when they get non Traxxas batteries, it wouldn't be a bad idea to swop them out with original Traxxas connectors.

(Left) Non Traxxas (Right) Traxxas

As you can see with the non Traxxas connectors (left), the tensioners can come out. The connector on the right is an OEM Traxxas connector, and doesn't have that problem. Also, when both non Traxxas and Traxxas connectors are side by side you can see the difference in their plastic cases.

I have to say that Traxxas makes a really good connector, and with it's flat pin design it minimizes skin effect...which is a good thing, and an advantage over round pin designs. The only bad thing a person can say about Traxxas connectors is that they are harder for some people to solder on properly. In closing, if you're a person with good soldering skills, then you can't go wrong with real Traxxas connectors. If not, then high current round connectors (like Castle's connectors) are good connectors too.
    Last edited by ReglarGuy; 08-10-2017 at 04:22 AM.
    The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.

RC Qualifier
    I use 8 mm bullet CC connectors, and probably mainly for that reason.
    I never seem to have much luck soldering up Traxxas connectors, particularly with the heavier gauge wire!

Al.

I never seem to have much luck soldering up Traxxas connectors, particularly with the heavier gauge wire!
    There's a little trick to it. If you know it it's easy.

The ReglarGuy is kid tested and father approved.