RC poster

Slipper clutch eliminator

Hey anybody use this mod the slipper clutch eliminator in a slash 4x4 ,please let your comments about it!!

Hey Chino,

Yes, I have used this one. It is a solid piece but be forewarned that going this route is going to abuse your drivetrain more than any slipper ever will. I do like it tho, just not for day-to-day use. When testing it out on my CC MMX/2200Kv sensored setup, it "felt" different. It was actually cool because after driving with the slipper for so long around the same area, when I was driving in that same place with the slipper eliminator, I could tell when and where it was "slipping" before with the slipper clutch installed. To keep it simple, yes, it drives the wheels all the time and you will feel a difference in most cases.

-Shack

RC poster
    Thanks so you say its better use not always in order to protect drivetrains !!

Don't put one in, you'll start breaking spurs, driveshafts, etc.
    youtube.com/c/RazorRCvideos

Quote Originally Posted by Chino78 View Post
    Thanks so you say its better use not always in order to protect drivetrains !!
    Hey Chino,

Yes, that statement is factually correct. However, at least in my experience, that is not always the case. If you are willing, and able ($$$), to upgrade other parts, then you can have a beastly rig! Another thing to take into consideration is what size batteries you'll be running and what motor. If 4S or less, parts breakage directly caused by the slipper-eliminator will be few. With a stock Velineon, I seriously doubt that you would ever break any of the parts listed below. Now if you start adding a more powerful 10th-scale motor or even an 8th-scale motor (), you will need better parts. There are other "stress points" to plastic (bulkhead, diff housing) that may require more frequent replacement, but this stuff is cheap and I personally would not let it be a deterrent. I like to change it all around (slipper/no-slipper, different spur/pinion, 3S/4S/6S, etc, etc) just for the fun of it!

I have spent some dough though and bought many complimentary parts to "harden" my drivetrain.

For example:

Aluminum Diff Cups (STRC & LEM both rock!)
    Fully hardened cup internals, F & R - Spiders, Outputs, I-Bar, & Shaft (by LEM)
    Hardened Mod-1 pinions & spurs
    Tekno Driveshaft
    MIP X-duties all around
    HR or KHZ motor mount (with larger bearing)
    17mm hexes (a good idea to add but maybe not a necessity)
    Ceramic bearings (low priority but nice to have)

With these mods, there is still a weak-link or two. The ring & pinion (diff case) is not hardened and I have not found a replacement that is for the front and rear. HR does make a spiral-cut gear that I have yet to try. I am going to see what I can do about hardening the stock Traxxas ring & pinion. Not sure if it's the right type of metal though to do much good.

The bottom line is this. It is a cheap part to buy and if you don't like it, discontinue using it. I like it sometimes because I like the full power to the ground. If my 5th-scale, CC 2028 rig can take it, yours can too!

-Shack
    Last edited by shack351; 08-13-2017 at 04:57 PM.

RC Champion
    I use one in my speed truck and always recommend them to speed builds.
    slash 4x4 168mph
    youtube:philip jolley

RC Qualifier
    Speed yes. Bash no.
    IG: @818sFastestRC
    Slash 4x4 138MPH