RC Enthusiast

Where to get a body?

I just purchased the VXL version of the 4tec and I am having trouble finding a body for it. I'd like the blue ford GT body but I can't seem to find it without buying the whole car???

Does anyone know where I can get a pre painted body without spending $85 on ebay.

Accepting requests for bashing at GREENWOOD BASHPLEX in Pittsburgh PA!! Check the thread in the track buddy forum and reply there or pm
    Seeing as traxxas lists the unpainted part at 75$, that's gon a be a tall order
    Ya can't polish fertilizer...

RC Enthusiast
    I noticed that. I can't believe they are asking $75 for a clear plastic body. I might have to rethink my 4tec VXL purchase if I can't find a reasonably priced body. It shouldn't cost $100 for a painted body on a $400 car!

RC Enthusiast
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/200mm-LAFERR....c100009.m1982

Anyone know if this body would fit?

RC Qualifier
    That 200mm body should fit fine with the stock tires. If you go foams, a 190mm would fit better. Protoform I think makes a ford gt body. I saw it at the track the other weekend and it looks nice. Flimsier that the trx one, but nice. Keep your eye on Jenny's rc. They have the new 4tec and will have the body also.

RC Enthusiast
    Thank you Sl4ShGT8BASHER. I'll look for new bodies from Jenny's RC.