RC Qualifier

How does the latrax rally handle brushless?

How does the latrax rally handle brushless? And why are pretty much all of the threads removed?
    Doesn't need to be fancy. Just needs to run.

Part "A" : IDK.
    Part "B": In your Profile / General Settings /
    Thread Display Options / Default Thead Age Cutoff / Show threads from the...
    Change:
    "Last 2 Days" to a longer period of time into the past.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Racer

Question Forum Default?

Quote Originally Posted by ksb51rl View Post
    Part "A" : IDK.
    Part "B": In your Profile / General Settings /
    Thread Display Options / Default Thead Age Cutoff / Show threads from the...
    Change:
    "Last 2 Days" to a longer period of time into the past.
    I saw this by clicking on drop down arrow for "Forum Actions" clicking on "General Settings" and scrolling down to section of "Thread Display Options" and down to "Default Thread Age Cut Off:" . I see "Use Forum Default" is selected. What is the Forum Default? THANX
    🅼🅾🅳🅴🆁🅰🆃🅾🆁🆂 🅳🅾🅽'🆃 🅲🅰🆁🅴

How does the latrax rally handle brushless?

Yes, there is more than one way to get there. I believe the default cutoff is two days.
    Alt-248 on the number pad =

RC Racer
    I just did a test in 1/18 Teton (which i've had many posts) and at the bottom of page, i clicked on Last and was brought to Page 15 with last thread from 01-28-2014 09:55 PM, so i'll keep the Forum Default i guess!
    But the New Posts gets changed every day, (because i'm on every day) currently 4 pages (79) on my screen.
    🅼🅾🅳🅴🆁🅰🆃🅾🆁🆂 🅳🅾🅽'🆃 🅲🅰🆁🅴

RC Qualifier
    Now how does the latrax rally handle brushless? Anyone?

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by PecosBill View Post
    Now how does the latrax rally handle brushless? Anyone?
    It's insane. I added the brushless 1/18th setup with 2s lipo, bearings throughout, metal axles and outputs, and ball diffs front and rear. Got the oil filled shocks too. You can punch it from a half speed roll and spin the car out. The stock tires don't stand a chance.

I still need to adjust the punch control and I might be able to change the timing on the motor to delay the torque a bit but I haven't messed with it yet. I've only had this setup going for a week and have only put two batteries through it. The 2s, 1300 mah lipo seems to last FOREVER compared to a completely stock car.

I can't seem to find any options for a wider/taller wheel combination. Or at least a stickier tire. I'd rather not change arms/knuckles/axles etc but would be okay with some sort of adapter.

RC Qualifier
    Do you have any other rcs? Like a Teton or and sst? can you controllably go at full speed? How would it compare to a Teton or sst?

RC poster
    Do you have any other rcs? Like a Teton or and sst? can you controllably go at full speed? How would it compare to a Teton or sst?
    This is my first electric vehicle. I have an original gen t-maxx that is stretched/lifted/widened with a bigger engine, rc10 with a rb supercharger, and have had 2 rustlers.

I would say you can't really control it at full throttle. It's just too much speed for the scale on the tires provided. All that said, it's still really fun and reliable.

RC Qualifier
    would you recommend getting one and running a brushless system?

RC poster
    I don't think I'd go buy the car and then all of the upgrades to support brushless. That's a large expense up front for an 1/18th scale car. I bought the car and enjoyed it until the original motor had no more to give. The car sat for a few months before I decided to bring it back to life. I don't really regret it, but after running it last night I realize even more that I need to upgrade the steering components and that the tires seem to be a huge issue. More power seems to reveal more weaknesses. This of course is all just my opinion. Hopefully I can figure out something with the tires so the car is more than just a crazy donut machine, which is still fun if that is what you want.

RC Racer
    I'm running the Hobbywing EZ set 18 and a 5200kv motor, and it's almost completely uncontrollable at anything over 1/4 throttle. It will just swap ends once it gets to quarter throttle. Next step will be a bigger pinion, to try and take some of the low end out of it. I will also go in and turn the punch down. I'm also thinking that 2S might be a better option than 3S.

This is more fun than my 1/16 scale Ken Block Rally with VXL-3S power on 3S, and that's saying a lot! That thing makes me laugh until I hurt!
    I find your lack of teepee disturbing.

RC Racer
    YES!!!! It's seriously the most fun I've had with an RC car. It's completely useless in stock form, so I will have to track down some better tires, but it's an absolute blast.
    I find your lack of teepee disturbing.