RC poster

The woes of my first day out...

So I have been planning on getting a revo for a while. I even have my own smaller track started in the back of my property. The hills are only 8-10" high for now. I got my 3c batteries last sat, the car came on wed. And the 2c bateries and dual traxxas charger came friday. So after charging I finally got to use it today.

I took it to the street to test it out, all ran great. Then I went to the back yard. Its a little rough, but not horrible. After about 20 min of running the track I niticed the rear corner was sagging. I stopped driving and checked it out.

One of the rod ends came out. While i was pulling that, i noticed other rods had bent.

Has anyone else had this issue? Just sucks that I have to wait longer now to get replacement parts.

RC Racer
    Thats crazy. Ive broken 1 rod and pulled lots of rod ends out. I do some big jumps and never seen the rods bent like yours are. Call traxxas they will take care of your problems just sucks to have to wait. Buy a 12 pack of rod ends and keep them on you when your running your revo. I also keep spare rods on hand just incase

RC poster
    I emailed traxxas and had to send pics of receipt and damage. I bought on amazon so I hope screenshot will do.

Are aftermarket ones better?

This is my first r/c since 2004. Im loving it, I hooked my phone to it and got to 54.8mph on my short street with 6c. With the 4c I hit 34.4mph.

This forum was the deciding factor on the erbe. Also I got 12 months no interest on amazon.

RC Racer
    Bend it back and run it until you can get a replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx96 View Post
    So I have been planning on getting a revo for a while. I even have my own smaller track started in the back of my property. The hills are only 8-10" high for now. I got my 3c batteries last sat, the car came on wed. And the 2c bateries and dual traxxas charger came friday. So after charging I finally got to use it today.

I took it to the street to test it out, all ran great. Then I went to the back yard. Its a little rough, but not horrible. After about 20 min of running the track I niticed the rear corner was sagging. I stopped driving and checked it out.

One of the rod ends came out. While i was pulling that, i noticed other rods had bent.

Has anyone else had this issue? Just sucks that I have to wait longer now to get replacement parts.
    You have a very common problem with the E-Revo. Unfortunatly if you jump it, that will happen alot. Look into aftermarket titanium ones. If you get stock, the same thing will happen over, and over again when you run it on your track. Here are some companies I know of who make titanium. Lunsford Racing, Hot Racing, and Integy. There might be more companies out there that I don't know of.

Another quick cheap fix to get rid of the rear tie rods all together that a lot of people do is get the RPM true track setup. Also make sure you upgrade, and shim those diffs!! Welcome to the world of the E-Revo.
    TRX4 Bronco
    Brushless Losi 5T

Quote Originally Posted by Atonimo View Post
    Thats crazy. Ive broken 1 rod and pulled lots of rod ends out. I do some big jumps and never seen the rods bent like yours are. Call traxxas they will take care of your problems just sucks to have to wait. Buy a 12 pack of rod ends and keep them on you when your running your revo. I also keep spare rods on hand just incase
    Looks like his truck did some cart wheels lol.
    TRX4 Bronco
    Brushless Losi 5T

RC Competitor
    Go to the hardware store and get a 8mm thread rod. 3ft cost around 3 dollars. Cut them to measure then slap them bad boys on until you get titanium ones. Believe it or not, my slash still haves these rods on them after a year of well good bashing. The thread rods are strong and cheap to make them.

RC poster
    Quote Originally Posted by Fueler941 View Post
    You have a very common problem with the E-Revo. Unfortunatly if you jump it, that will happen alot. Look into aftermarket titanium ones. If you get stock, the same thing will happen over, and over again when you run it on your track. Here are some companies I know of who make titanium. Lunsford Racing, Hot Racing, and Integy. There might be more companies out there that I don't know of.

Another quick cheap fix to get rid of the rear tie rods all together that a lot of people do is get the RPM true track setup. Also make sure you upgrade, and shim those diffs!! Welcome to the world of the E-Revo.
    How strong is the tt? I want to jump it when i get used to it.
    The one i found was for the 3.3 and erbe, does that sound right?

montell,
    Thanks for the hardware idea, ill see what i can find.

Quote Originally Posted by Montell View Post
    Go to the hardware store and get a 8mm thread rod. 3ft cost around 3 dollars. Cut them to measure then slap them bad boys on until you get titanium ones. Believe it or not, my slash still haves these rods on them after a year of well good bashing. The thread rods are strong and cheap to make them.
    Thats a fantastic idea to get back up and running quick! Ty.

I hooked my phone to it and got to 54.8mph on my short street with 6c. With the 4c I hit 34.4mph.
    Do you have the Trx gps unit hooked up with telemetry or just using phone as a gps unit?

Also on the battery size references Im assuming you mean 4s & 6s not "c" . Idk why but this is what I understand lingo to be, just so ppl arent confused in the future when you ask questions.
    "s" = cell (2s = 2 cell, 3s = 3cell)
    "C" = discharge rate (40C/80Burst)
    "c" = batt charge rating or rate (1c or 2c generally).
    Just trying to help a brotha out lol. Heres a couple of good lipo threads.
    https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...66#post6289866
    This one is a long read but good info in it. https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...ecommendations

I need just one more rc, then Im done,
    Last edited by Briber; 08-20-2017 at 02:37 PM.
    Just need one more rc, then Ill be done...

When I first got mine, I had the same problem! After replacing the bent ones, installing rpm true track, making sure I have the right spacers on for the rockers used and a dab of super glue on the rod ends I haven't had an issue since. The LT rockers were my problem I think, I use the p2 rockers with a spacer on each end
    Its alright son I'll fix it when you break it

Quote Originally Posted by FnFancy View Post
    When I first got mine, I had the same problem! After replacing the bent ones, installing rpm true track, making sure I have the right spacers on for the rockers used and a dab of super glue on the rod ends I haven't had an issue since. The LT rockers were my problem I think, I use the p2 rockers with a spacer on each end
    I loved the lt rockers but Trx cvd dog bones kept coming out of output cup , ended up putting p2's back on. I could get the lem metal drives(thats whats on my Summit) but would need 2 sets of 4 and thats to much at this time with all the other rc fixes and upgrades Im needing/wanting to do. With the lt rockers, in just seconds, by adjusting preload on gtrs, I could go from slammed to the ground(even lower than whats in picture) to way more ground clearance then Id ever need. Ive bent a couple from jumping but I dont jump it much anymore. I like the idea of getting rid of them, i may have to look in to true track kit.

Last edited by Briber; 08-20-2017 at 03:45 PM.

How strong is the tt? I want to jump it when i get used to it.
    The one i found was for the 3.3 and erbe, does that sound right?

montell,
    Thanks for the hardware idea, ill see what i can find.
    Titanium pushrods, and tie rods are the strongest you can get right now hands down. Revo 3.3, and Summit pretty much have the same suspension as the E-Revo. Also erbe means E-Revo brushless edition.

There is also multiple rockers available for the E-Revo. P1, P2, P3, and LT (Long Travel). P2 rockers are usually the best all around rockers. I know those came stock on my E-Revo when I first got it. If you're hitting big jumps though, you might want to switch to long travel.
    Last edited by Fueler941; 08-20-2017 at 03:47 PM.
    TRX4 Bronco
    Brushless Losi 5T

Quote Originally Posted by Briber View Post
    I loved the lt rockers but Trx cvd dog bones kept coming out of output cup , ended up putting p2's back on. I could get the lem metal drives(thats whats on my Summit) but would need 2 sets of 4 and thats to much at this time with all the other rc fixes and upgrades Im needing/wanting to do. With the lt rockers, in just seconds, by adjusting preload on gtrs, I could go from slammed to the ground(even lower than whats in picture) to way more ground clearance then Id ever need. Ive bent a couple from jumping but I dont jump it much anymore. I like the idea of getting rid of them, i may have to look in to true track kit.

Your E-Revo looks tough with those wheels Briber!
    TRX4 Bronco
    Brushless Losi 5T

Also erbe means E-Revo brushless edition.
    Correct my friend:
    Erevo = Electric Revo (meaning brushed revo)
    ERBE = Electric Revo Brushless Edition.
    Your E-Revo looks tough with those wheels Briber!
    Thank you. Yes I love that look of my ERBE(not erevo, get it straight next time would ya ) its what it runs most of the time. Heres the other rims I run on street.

Last edited by Briber; 08-20-2017 at 04:14 PM.

Correct my friend:
    Erevo = Electric Revo (meaning brushed revo)
    ERBE = Electric Revo Brushless Edition.
    Thank you. Yes I love that look its what it runs most of the time. Heres the other rims I run on street.

Those look like the HPI wheels, and tires I'm guessing? They look good to!

I put my erbe on the market place today testing the waters. If I end up keeping it I will order some SRC wheels for the street. I will most likely order Terrain Crushers though just to have that little extra tread. :P
    TRX4 Bronco
    Brushless Losi 5T

Those look like the HPI wheels, and tires I'm guessing? They look good to!

I put my erbe on the market place today testing the waters. If I end up keeping it I will order some SRC wheels for the street. I will most likely order Terrain Crushers though just to have that little extra tread. :P
    The one your building???? Terrain crushers were my first choice in the begining, but got a really good deal on street crushers, so gorilla taped em up and glued on HPI rims. (See my edited post above lol)...

Yeah I want to build up other RC's, and went overboard with this erbe. It's too nice to bash imo lol.
    TRX4 Bronco
    Brushless Losi 5T

RC Competitor
    It depends how high you jump. The regular hardware thread rods will get you 6 to 7 feet jumps and the thread is tight. No need for super glue at the rod ends. But they will bend unless you get steel thread rods. But nothing beat titanium. I have integy 3.3 on mine. And i have 8mm steal thread rods on my 2200kv MM Maxx and they take on any jump because where the rods are postioned on the truck. The steel thread rods are better than factory rods from traxxas. But the titanium on any RC, is the way to go.

Quote Originally Posted by Montell View Post
    It depends how high you jump. The regular hardware thread rods will get you 6 to 7 feet jumps and the thread is tight. No need for super glue at the rod ends. But they will bend unless you get steel thread rods. But nothing beat titanium. I have integy 3.3 on mine. And i have 8mm steal thread rods on my 2200kv MM Maxx and they take on any jump because where the rods are postioned on the truck. The steel thread rods are better than factory rods from traxxas. But the titanium on any RC, is the way to go.
    Good to know. Appreciate the info.
    Yeah I want to build up other RC's, and went overboard with this erbe. It's too nice to bash imo lol.
    I understand. If it were me, Id bash the snot out of it. Lol
    Last edited by Briber; 08-20-2017 at 08:26 PM.

RC poster
    Do you have the Trx gps unit hooked up with telemetry or just using phone as a gps unit?

Also on the battery size references Im assuming you mean 4s & 6s not "c" . Idk why but this is what I understand lingo to be, just so ppl arent confused in the future when you ask questions.
    "s" = cell (2s = 2 cell, 3s = 3cell)
    "C" = discharge rate (40C/80Burst)
    "c" = batt charge rating or rate (1c or 2c generally).
    Just trying to help a brotha out lol. Heres a couple of good lipo threads.
    https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...66#post6289866
    This one is a long read but good info in it. https://forums.traxxas.com/showthrea...ecommendations

I knew the s thing, just spaced it with everything .

Will the tt hold up to bashing?

I got the rod from the hw store, got home and found i have nothing to cut it with. So bent the old ones and they are working for now. Id like to go titanium, but that may have to wait.

Traxxas got back to me, they are replacing the parts this one time only for me.

No traxxas gps, just wired my phone under the body.

Loving the info i get from this site, thanks to everyone who helps out.

I knew the s thing, just spaced it with everything .

Will the tt hold up to bashing?

I got the rod from the hw store, got home and found i have nothing to cut it with. So bent the old ones and they are working for now. Id like to go titanium, but that may have to wait.

Traxxas got back to me, they are replacing the parts this one time only for me.

No traxxas gps, just wired my phone under the body.

Loving the info i get from this site, thanks to everyone who helps out.
    Oh okay, sorry no offense I hope. You got a big set my friend to wire phone up and use for gps, many props, all the gps ive ruined from ejections in crashes im not tempting fate with my phone lol! Im hoping your using spare phone at least??? Glad to hear Trx hooked you up, their customer service is second to none! Get your self a dremel with a mini cut off wheel. Can find rotary cutting tools cheap like 30 and under, if i remember correctly... I use it so much imo its a must have in this hobby! I bought a dimmer switch and hooked up outlet to it so i can adjust speed since mine is a 1 speed.

RC Competitor
    Yes. A dremel is a must. Harberfreight have them cheap. And a small electric drill for unscrewing screws.

RC Competitor
    The one your building???? Terrain crushers were my first choice in the begining, but got a really good deal on street crushers, so gorilla taped em up and glued on HPI rims. (See my edited post above lol)...
    Did you mean Road Crushers? I thought they were supposed to be belted and not need taping.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkRanger View Post
    Did you mean Road Crushers? I thought they were supposed to be belted and not need taping.
    He is talking about the HPI road tires called Phaltline I'm going to guess. He has a million rc trucks, so i don't blame him if it's hard to remember everything. :P
    TRX4 Bronco
    Brushless Losi 5T

RC Competitor
    He is talking about the HPI road tires called Phaltline I'm going to guess. He has a million rc trucks, so i don't blame him if it's hard to remember everything. :P
    Gotcha. That makes sense. Having only my ERBE it's easier to keep track of things. I think I still forget enough though. :P